09-25-12, 03:07 PM   #1
CatmoriaonWrA
A Kobold Labourer
Nothing for MoP content

I am very disappointed to see that when I log on to WoW to start my journey into the mists that carbonite has NOTHING for it. There are no maps for Pandaria or the Pandarian starter area, there are no Pandaria quests in the database. Basically Carbonite is takeing up space on my memory for NO reason at this point. All I want to do is play in the new xpac content but Carbonite is such a large portion of my leveling and questing that without it I feel lost. I know that you had a Carbonite for the beta, so why didn't you make the new release with MoP content in the database? When will I be able to use my Carbonite in Pandaria? Please respond. P.S. Sorry if I was a bit rantish for a minute there but I just can not LIVE without my carbonite to level with

09-25-12, 03:25 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by CatmoriaonWrA View Post
I am very disappointed to see that when I log on to WoW to start my journey into the mists that carbonite has NOTHING for it. There are no maps for Pandaria or the Pandarian starter area, there are no Pandaria quests in the database. Basically Carbonite is takeing up space on my memory for NO reason at this point. All I want to do is play in the new xpac content but Carbonite is such a large portion of my leveling and questing that without it I feel lost. I know that you had a Carbonite for the beta, so why didn't you make the new release with MoP content in the database? When will I be able to use my Carbonite in Pandaria? Please respond. P.S. Sorry if I was a bit rantish for a minute there but I just can not LIVE without my carbonite to level with
They never had a Carbonite for the beta.

09-25-12, 08:52 PM   #3
zathoros
A Kobold Labourer
Give them a few days to work out the kinks and you will be able to see everything updated since it just got realeased on live last night

09-25-12, 10:28 PM   #4
Knaur
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Use rythals fan update from rythal.com instead, it has mop maps and most quests are in database.

I doubt the author of carbonite will come with a update in near future, but the fan update works perfect

09-26-12, 12:48 AM   #5
mondoz
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Use rythals fan update from rythal.com instead, it has mop maps and most quests are in database.

I doubt the author of carbonite will come with a update in near future, but the fan update works perfect
Is anyone else having a problem with the map icons for pet battles on the minimap?
I've applied Rythal's update, but it doesn't seem to fix it.

09-26-12, 12:54 AM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post

Actually I have done nothing in reguards to quests, the code itself was written back in the 4.0 days to use blizzards info *if* it's own internal didn't exist. If a quest is reporting it's not in the database it means it hasn't put any POI's on the map for carbonite to look at yet (sometimes it takes a little bit to kick in, but i've gone 85 to 87 through jade forest & valley so far and only once did it not pickup the blizzard stuff.)

but yes it is working with every aspect of pandaria to date (maps etc).

09-26-12, 02:14 AM   #7
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Actually I have done nothing in reguards to quests, the code itself was written back in the 4.0 days to use blizzards info *if* it's own internal didn't exist. If a quest is reporting it's not in the database it means it hasn't put any POI's on the map for carbonite to look at yet (sometimes it takes a little bit to kick in, but i've gone 85 to 87 through jade forest & valley so far and only once did it not pickup the blizzard stuff.)

Is it supposed to be working better than it is for me? I am using what you posted, but many quests are not showing, and I'm getting "This quest is not in the database." What if anything can I do to fix this?

09-26-12, 11:31 AM   #8
mjolnir1122
A Murloc Raider

I've run into a rather large patch of quests that aren't in the database (namely An Air of Worry, Find the Boy, The High Elder, The Serpent's Heart), so I'm not sure if theres anything I can do on my side to fix it.

I've downloaded your latest version from your website (50409), and was hoping this might usher it along but no luck :/

But hell, I'm thoroughly impressed with the job you've done so far

09-26-12, 11:53 AM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
My guess is it has something to do with quests being flagged or not flagged for tracking in it's own built in quest journal. Not at home yet to look into it for sure, but Carbonite only shows what it knows about.

If the blizzard map/minimap does not have the quest on it, neither will Carbonite and you'll get the database error, next time you get the error try opening the real quest journal "alt-L" and telling blizzard to track it, see if that makes carbonite jump in and say HEY I know that one.

If that is the case then I need to update carbonites tracking to also turn on/off blizzards tracking for each quest (which should of been in the first place for consistancy if you enable or disable carbonites tracking, but since every quest was handled internally I can understand why it wasn't.)

09-26-12, 12:14 PM   #10
mjolnir1122
A Murloc Raider
My guess is it has something to do with quests being flagged or not flagged for tracking in it's own built in quest journal. Not at home yet to look into it for sure, but Carbonite only shows what it knows about.

If the blizzard map/minimap does not have the quest on it, neither will Carbonite and you'll get the database error, next time you get the error try opening the real quest journal "alt-L" and telling blizzard to track it, see if that makes carbonite jump in and say HEY I know that one.

If that is the case then I need to update carbonites tracking to also turn on/off blizzards tracking for each quest (which should of been in the first place for consistancy if you enable or disable carbonites tracking, but since every quest was handled internally I can understand why it wasn't.)
No bueno. Turned on the tracking manually, reloaded ui, nothing. Logged out and back in, nothing. This is when I wish I had experience with writing addons, I'd love to give you a hand with this

09-26-12, 03:21 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Interesting, was sure that would be the reason... but i've been told now if when a quest says not in database, if you abandon it and get it again that it works as it should... definitely something i'll need to look into and try to figure out why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

09-26-12, 03:39 PM   #12
mjolnir1122
A Murloc Raider
Interesting, was sure that would be the reason... but i've been told now if when a quest says not in database, if you abandon it and get it again that it works as it should... definitely something i'll need to look into and try to figure out why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Alright, I'm logged out where I just picked up a quest that didn't show up in the database, so I'll give this a shot. I'll let you know if it works

Alright, confirmed it does not work to abandon quest and retake them. Tried it on 3 different questgivers.

I tweaked around some settings but nothing seems to be working. It's kind of weird how alot of the quests worked up until this point. I haven't quested beyond this set of quests yet as i'm waiting for my fiance to finish working and get back on :P I never though I'd be waiting for anyone to level with on a release haha

Last edited by mjolnir1122 : 09-26-12 at 03:51 PM. Reason: updated info

09-26-12, 10:32 PM   #13
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm not sure if this information is of any use, but the quests that aren't showing seem to be breadcrumb quests that lead either to a different zone, or a different area within the zone. Once you get to a hub, it seems that all the "Go kill 12 of these" type of quests are tracking fine. The ones that are missing are the ones that are more like "Go speak with Some Panda-guy in the Area of More Quests".

Maybe Blizzard reports quests like that in a different way, and Carbonite isn't picking those up? Since I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll let you figure that out. =]

Last edited by Maeby : 09-26-12 at 10:44 PM.

09-26-12, 10:42 PM   #14
dhjohn
A Fallenroot Satyr
I also noticed that the quests inside the instance Stormstout Brewery were not showing up as in the database.

09-27-12, 02:42 PM   #15
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Maeby View Post
I'm not sure if this information is of any use, but the quests that aren't showing seem to be breadcrumb quests that lead either to a different zone, or a different area within the zone. Once you get to a hub, it seems that all the "Go kill 12 of these" type of quests are tracking fine. The ones that are missing are the ones that are more like "Go speak with Some Panda-guy in the Area of More Quests".

Maybe Blizzard reports quests like that in a different way, and Carbonite isn't picking those up? Since I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll let you figure that out. =]

I also noticed that alot of quests that send you to a certain area or person do not show up.. But reading the quest details made it easy enough to know where to go!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Nothing for MoP content