03-25-06, 06:31 PM   #1
Shynd
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SCT_Reckoning

The Addon:
SCT_Reckoning

What it does:
It adds scrolling text to SCT that will (attempt to) keep you informed of how many Reckoning charges you have remaining. Given the nature of the Reckoning talent and how unpredictable it can appear, this mod is obviously not 100% accurate. That said, I've tried to account for everything I can think of that might alter the number of charges left. See the screenshots for further illustration.

Screenshots:

Video Examples:PLEASE EXCUSE THE FACT THAT I BLOW ON A PALADIN.

DEPENDENCIES: Scrolling Combat Text

Current version:
v0.3 Beta - 11000

Known bugs:
None so far.

Future releases:
  • Perhaps functionality to make charge-gains sticky crits, among other user-specified settings
  • UNKNOWN -- I'm looking for suggestions

Please leave a note if you enjoy this AddOn and why. Any suggestions, comments and criticisms are welcome.

--Shynd

Last edited by Shynd : 03-31-06 at 04:14 PM. Reason: changed topic layout
03-26-06, 12:19 AM   #2
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Nice work =) Paladins have been bugging me for this for a long time, but not having a paladin kept me from every really looking into it.

As of right now, I think it would be best not to combine it with SCT, that way only the paladins that need it take the extra (minor) performance hit. I will however begin to link it from SCT pages on all the UI sites, so it can be considered "officialy endorsed".

I'll probably do the same thing for your ManaGain mod too. I may consider adding a "show all mana gain" option, but it wouldn't be parsing the buff tooltips and such, just watching the player mana.
03-26-06, 12:49 AM   #3
Shynd
A Murloc Raider

Somehow I broke the ManaGain one for the new patch. I don't know what I did. Gotta fix that before Tuesday, just in case, I guess.

The more I thought about what I was doing, however, the less I liked the idea of parsing the tooltip information looking for buffs EVERY time mana was updated. Oh well, I guess. I don't use it =p

Glad I got endorsed, though. Can't live without SCT, now that I've started using it, and I'm thus dedicated to improving the functionality any way I can figure out how.
03-31-06, 04:14 PM   #4
Shynd
A Murloc Raider

Updated to interface version 11000, patch 1.10.
04-04-06, 04:43 PM   #5
Cerja
A Kobold Labourer
Hi.
I tried your reckoning addon today and couldn't get it working, although sct works just fine.

So I had a quick look at the source code, and found a few things I would like to comment (I'm no lua expert...)

There's a little bug in the description in SCT_Reckoning_ShowUsage(): /sctreckoning [on/off] enables or disables mana-gain display...

It seems that non-english clients aren't supported. I'm using a german wow-client and the corresponding combat-log message for a reckoning proc would be: "Ihr bekommt durch Abrechnung 1 Extra-Angriff."
I changed the .lua file, but I still don't get any screen-messages, don't know why...

There are some cases, where you lose reckoning charges, which are not checked, or where it says "unconfirmed" in the comments.
Here is a link to a thread with a thorough explanation about reckoning. Including some more actions that may drop reckoning charges, like switching weapons etc.
05-03-06, 11:33 PM   #6
Barkode
A Kobold Labourer
Charge numbers

Hey there, nice mod. I have only one problem when I start to get reckoning charges it simply scrolls "Extra attack" It dosen't give me a number count, any idea what I can do? Thanks
06-21-06, 08:32 AM   #7
StaalDK
A Kobold Labourer
Is there a chance to add text on when the charges are dumped aswell ? I use it atm, but do find it alittle irritating if my reckoning suddenly wont work because I already dumped the charges by being a complete newb and not turning off auto attack
08-31-06, 03:15 AM   #8
Trif0n
A Kobold Labourer
Still work with sct 5.0 ?

Hi, i have some troubles with the mod.
With sct 5.0 it seems that sct_reckoning don't find the dependancy ?
Am i the only one ?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » SCT_Reckoning