09-16-06, 11:40 AM   #1
Dramin
A Defias Bandit
*SCT* Custom Message Help (Warrior / Rogue)

I've ready every post here regarding sct and I've yet to see anything that matches my problem. Perhaps someone out there could be of help.

I'm trying to make 2 notification messages using SCT. The first one is a warrior message which displays when a Sunder Armor lands. Below is what I thought would be correct but I've yet to see it appear after trying several variations to make sure there was no syntax error. Each attempt I'd quit the game and restart.

[11] = {name="Sunder Armor!", search="(.+) is afflicted by Sunder Armor", r=128/256, g=128/256, b=256/256, iscrit=1, class={"Warrior"}},

The second notifcation I seen in a rogue video a while ago and it looked like a sct message. Once he came out of stealth once his Stealth ability was ready it displayed a message letting him know. I haven't seen anything in the combat log letting me know when this is ready but I'm not sure if perhaps this rogue had a some sort of countdown after the message "Stealth has faded" or what not.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Dramin
09-16-06, 10:58 PM   #2
Dramin
A Defias Bandit
Anyone?
09-18-06, 10:17 AM   #3
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dramin
Anyone?
I believe Mik's Scrolling Battle Text does both of these by default. In SCT, you need to edit the event config file. There are directions in the .lua file that explain how to do it.
09-18-06, 12:02 PM   #4
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
To add sunder armor, you probably need to add a new combat message event to the config. I beleive the two events you need are CHAT_MSG_SPELL_PERIODIC_HOSTILEPLAYER_DAMAGE and CHAT_MSG_SPELL_PERIODIC_CREATURE_DAMAGE. Go to sct_event_config.lua and add those events to the sct_Event_List table. You should see the examples there of how to add it. After that your sunder event should work correctly. However, note that the combat log does not report who does the sunder, it just says "Target is afflicted by Sunder Armor", so you will get the SCT message anytime someone does a sunder, not just you.

For the cooldowns, I believe there are a few mods that add that ****ionality to SCT. One is SCT Cooldowns for spells http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...cooldowns.html. ItemRack does it for item/trinket cooldowns.
09-18-06, 01:57 PM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
There is also SpellAlert SCT.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » *SCT* Custom Message Help (Warrior / Rogue)