01-05-15, 04:50 AM   #1
Davik
A Defias Bandit
Cool Modified CastBars!

Hello!

I am a huge fan of RealUI. I appreciate the clean aesthetic and its amazing functionality. With that said, because UIs are such a personal decision, I have taken it upon myself to implement some personal changes to RealUI.

The first edit are my castbars. Here is a shot:

They maintain the same aesthetic and functionality, but are much longer.

This a wider shot, showing the positioning of the castbars.

Note that these new castbars can be moved using the default RealUI positions config tab and appear in both normal and large HUD options!

New CastBar Adv Options!

There are some new options in the CastBarAdv menu. Simply to allow the user to adjust the player's and target castbar separately.

CastBar Album @ Imgur

Second, I prefer to use xCT+ instead of MSBT for combat text. I have included a simple xCT profile to use with RealUI. This profile is bundled with RealUI and if you have xCT+ installed when RealUI is installed/reset it will load the profile.

This along with some additional, minor edits are bundled in my customized nibRealUI addon. (ie, adjusting minimap size, moving to TopRight, and moving the PlayerBuffs anchor to compensate)

Download nibRealUI by Davik here! (via DropBox)
This is also mirrored as an attachment.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my RealUI edit. Again, I am just a huge fan of RealUI and I am also new to this community. I hope my mods don't step on anyone's toes, everything was made with positive intents!

Thanks,
Dav1k
Attached Files
File Type: zip nibRealUI_Davik.zip (1.36 MB, 200 views)
01-05-15, 06:51 AM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
This looks really good, though I can't promise it'll be added.

Last edited by Gethe : 01-09-15 at 12:44 AM.
01-22-15, 11:29 AM   #3
gyozenry
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Davik View Post
Hello!

I am a huge fan of RealUI. I appreciate the clean aesthetic and its amazing functionality. With that said, because UIs are such a personal decision, I have taken it upon myself to implement some personal changes to RealUI.

The first edit are my castbars. Here is a shot:

They maintain the same aesthetic and functionality, but are much longer.

This a wider shot, showing the positioning of the castbars.

Note that these new castbars can be moved using the default RealUI positions config tab and appear in both normal and large HUD options!

New CastBar Adv Options!

There are some new options in the CastBarAdv menu. Simply to allow the user to adjust the player's and target castbar separately.

CastBar Album @ Imgur

Second, I prefer to use xCT+ instead of MSBT for combat text. I have included a simple xCT profile to use with RealUI. This profile is bundled with RealUI and if you have xCT+ installed when RealUI is installed/reset it will load the profile.

This along with some additional, minor edits are bundled in my customized nibRealUI addon. (ie, adjusting minimap size, moving to TopRight, and moving the PlayerBuffs anchor to compensate)

Download nibRealUI by Davik here! (via DropBox)
This is also mirrored as an attachment.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my RealUI edit. Again, I am just a huge fan of RealUI and I am also new to this community. I hope my mods don't step on anyone's toes, everything was made with positive intents!

Thanks,
Dav1k
Thanks a lot, using it atm and it works great
01-24-15, 01:12 AM   #4
Davik
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
This looks really good, though I can't promise it'll be added.

Thanks for the kind words mate. At the end of the day, its your addon, please continue to develop it the direction you see best fit.

Big thanks for anyone else who enjoy's using it!
01-24-15, 11:48 AM   #5
gyozenry
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Davik View Post
Thanks for the kind words mate. At the end of the day, its your addon, please continue to develop it the direction you see best fit.

Big thanks for anyone else who enjoy's using it!
how did u increase the size of the castbars? i was using your modifications but i updated to r10a and my castbars are small again and i do like them as you have them, thanks
01-27-15, 06:16 AM   #6
Davik
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by gyozenry View Post
how did u increase the size of the castbars? i was using your modifications but i updated to r10a and my castbars are small again and i do like them as you have them, thanks
Gyozenry,

Unfortunately, the larger castbars are a complete custom 'hack'. Therefore updates will break functionality.

I've been busy with work and I have just noticed the new r10a version of RealUI. Luckily, the author's of RealUI have not changed the code concerning the castbars (Github ftw!), and I was able to successfully merge my mod with the new version.

You may download the update via the same link. I've also re-posted the link here for convenience.

Thanks guys!

Davik's Castbars for RealUI v8.1 r10a

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Modified CastBars!