01-23-18, 04:25 AM   #1
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Engavi View Post
Don't worry too much about it

The only thing that I need is just a brief reference so that I could get a bare minimum idea on how I should deal with it.
There is an official documentation for LAB on its project page, but I find it to simple (or short)
It's indeed that simple >_>

So, is Blizzard aware of this issue(?)? Or are they really unconcerned about addon devs (as you said)?
Well, I think so, I didn't report it, but prob someone else did, prob o_O They're a bit out of touch w/ secenv because they don't need to use it for their own UI, all Blizz code is secure by default. So things normally go like this:
- Proper patch #1. Blizz add a new feature, but forget to add it to secenv;
- We report it;
- Proper patch #2. Blizz add said feature to secenv.

They rarely add anything w/ hotfixes though, so I expect this to be fixed in 8.0

If I'd customize the appearance of buttons/action bars (border, background, glow, etc), which approach would you recommend?

Should I directly adjust it from lib file? Or should I modify it on button creation?
Nah, something as simple is done on button creation, so no need to change the lib itself, I was talking about things that aren't implemented/supported by the lib or if you want them to be handled differently, e.g., state/action-specific icon colouration or whatever.

You can even add masque support, if you want.

Could I get some further explanation regarding this, please?
Well, instead of having OnUpdate handlers running on tens of buttons simultaneously, LAB uses only one, same goes for event stuff. It's a performance gain, a marginal one

You can reskin Blizz buttons w/o any issues, but when it comes to dynamic things, like using different colours for icons, reusing default buttons might be a PITA, but if you use LAB, you can do whatever you want w/ it I replaced LAB's Blizz-like code w/ mine.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Stuffs to be considered for making actionbar replacement with LibActionButton