01-06-07, 09:44 PM   #1
Aule
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Boat / Zeppelin Schedules

Hey guys....

I'm writing a mod that will give arrival times for boats and zeppelins. A few questions...

1. Has anyone tried this? Is it possible?

2. After a server restart, do all the boats start their rounds at a constant time? (Like, 25 seconds after server start the Theramore / Menethil boat starts it's rounds?)

What I've discovered:

- The Menethil / Theramore roundtrip appears to be around 330 seconds (5 minutes, 30 seconds).

- It appears from my observations that the boat lands at Menethil harbour around 100 seconds after a server restart.

- Using this code to calculate the next arrival time of the boat in menethil seems to come close:

Code:
local nextArrivalInSecs = GetSecsToArrival(100, 330)

function GetSecsToArrival(anchor, roundtrip)

local result = -1

local currentTime = GetTime()
    local intervals = ceil((currentTime - anchor) / roundtrip)
    local arrTime = anchor + (intervals * roundtrip)
    result = floor(arrTime - currentTime)
    return floor(result)

end

- With these assumptions there is still some error, which leads me to believe there may be a random factor involved when the boat zones in / out of each continent (which would make this mod impossible). I'm not sure if this is just floating point drift or an actual random factor, so I'm still experimenting.

I sure hope there's some regularity to these schedules because I'd LOVE to know exactly when some of these boats are gonna be coming....

- FRRjak

Last edited by Aule : 01-06-07 at 09:47 PM.
01-06-07, 09:57 PM   #2
Aule
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AHhhhhh

Dumb of me to assume there'd be a boat AND zeppelin version...

Found ZeppelinMaster .... Guess I'll check that out....

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Boat / Zeppelin Schedules