01-24-07, 06:43 AM   #1
Manxome
A Fallenroot Satyr
unit tooltip/mobinfo window

Hi, I am looking for a mod that allows me to move the position of my tooltip thing that appears in the bottom right of the screen when I mouse-over a unit. I have recently placed a combat log here and I hate how it looks when the unit tooltip/mobinfo window appears n top of that - it looks fugly as heck and is hard to read combat log!

Hope that makes sense!
01-24-07, 07:00 AM   #2
aastarius
An Aku'mai Servant

Give TipyTip a whirl, should do just what your asking for
01-24-07, 08:10 AM   #3
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Depending on how much info/mobility you want from your tooltip.

If you just want a move-anywhere tooltip, check out LitheToolTip Doctor ( http://www.wowace.com/files/ ). This will let you move it anywhere on the screen, and has the nice addition of growing the tooltip away from teh screen edges w/o you haveing to make any setting changes.

If you want some basic info added to is such as Target and Guild Name, diToolTip (on this site I beleive) will move it to any specified location (top-right, top-left, center-right, etc), and add the above mentioned info to the tooltip.

For a wealth of information and options, you can try TinyTip (also on this site). Its a move anywhere, edit any information shown in the tooltip, including colors, what info you get, and what direction it grows. It allows you to setup what you see in the tooltip with various arguments.

So grab one of those and give them a shot.
01-24-07, 09:54 AM   #4
Manxome
A Fallenroot Satyr
Just to clarify - I am not concerned about the "mouse pointer tooltip" - I am specifically speaking of the one that, by default, appears at the bottom right of the screen when I mouse-over players and mobs.

Really, want I need to do is just budge that frame up so it doesnt obscure my custom button bar and combat log... also I use MobInfo so I hope one of these is compatible with that mod...

I will have a try tonight and post my results tomorrow. Thanks a bunch for the replies fellas!
01-25-07, 09:45 AM   #5
Manxome
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks, this worked a treat - I had to switch form the default (attached-to-pointer) tip to anchored at the bottom right of screen.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » unit tooltip/mobinfo window