02-12-07, 09:58 PM   #81
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Seraph787
Just a suggestion to put the rolling frames for rolling on group loot in aplace that won't be underneath where the "release spirit" frame appears when you die so that you can roll on loots. Very handy if you ever do a PUG to help out a nonguilded friend or such and want to roll on something when that PUG wipes with the finishing blow.
You can move the loot frames with the xLoot options.

02-12-07, 10:19 PM   #82
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah
You can move the loot frames with the xLoot options.

Of course. With a little knowhow, you can modify anythign I've done. But that's what this thread is for...suggestions for different add-on settings.

02-13-07, 02:49 AM   #83
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
a better lock set up imo

ok so i finally sarted to dig into mazzle and rip it a new one for warlocks, and more spicificly myself

major changes are dropping mazzle hud for dhud, adding necrosis, (still debating about shard ace) and addicng ecasting bars because i hate the blizz bars

i also changed from bongos to trinity just do to abd experiences with bongos (like erasing my bindings randomly)

so now i have all my main buttonms on the left side of the mini map, necrosiss a casting bar and several other buttons on the right
imo things run a bit smoother, necrosis trumps shard ace have yet to dick with teh sahrd ace buttons deciding if im going to keep them or not

heres a pic , sorry for the size

http://homepage.mac.com/aaron.zander...07_004311.jpeg

btw is there a way to change teh functionality of the hot sots

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-13-07 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Link huge image

02-13-07, 05:26 AM   #84
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, there is no such capability at this time. It's a pretty low priority item.

And, in the future, please do not embed large images. Either use a thumbnal or use an attachment, which will give you an automatic thumbnail.

02-13-07, 11:03 AM   #85
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Of course. With a little knowhow, you can modify anythign I've done. But that's what this thread is for...suggestions for different add-on settings.
I didn't mean for it to seem that I was brushing it off. Just as a temporary fix in case they hadn't found one yet.

EDIT: Since we're on the topic of xLoot... Personally, I'm not a fan of having the loot window anchored to the mouse and would suggest it having it's own space to open by default. Then a sentence in the addon description that it may be anchored to the mouse if someone wishes.

Last edited by Seerah : 02-13-07 at 11:06 AM.

02-14-07, 12:23 PM   #86
Neuromaster
A Kobold Labourer
Love MazzleUI. I've seen a lot of UIs, but the thing that makes this one exceptional is the level of support/documentation/automation in setup. Awesome. Of course, having come from a fairly custom UI of my own, there're a few things I miss. The number one feature I'd like to see is target cast bars.

ag_UF (at least the very latest version from Ace) recently added support for cast bars on just about any unit frame on the screen, a feature that I really love. It largely allows me to avoid running spellalert type addons, provides valuable feedback about my group members and my target, and generally just scores very high on the "nerd appeal" scale without being as intrusive as the old-style spellalert popups (or whatever new mod is that puts a target cast bar in the middle of the screen)

I've attached a crudely edited screenshot of the relevant part of my UI showing how I'd set up cast bars if I was a UI wizard. I've got examples of both where I'd put it for my own unitframe, my party members, and my target. Basically for my own unitframe, I'd like to see it where the XP bar currently is, especially because I'm max level and it doesn't provide any useful information for me. For those below 70, it would still fit nicely between the mana bar and XP bar.

For my target, I didn't draw a new bar - rather, I circled an existing bar that I'd like to see put to a new purpose as a cast bar. At the moment I think it has something to do with how much health is missing from my target's target. That might be very useful if I was a healer, but honestly for that purpose I'd rather see a full ToT frame. It'd look great as a cast bar, and the only other change that would need to be made would be to relocate some of the "looking at <target>" text so the spell name would be visible.

Party members are less important to me than my target, but it's still nifty so I threw in a concept of how I'd implement that too - basically I'd bump the whole frame up just a little bit and put the bar on the bottom. Again, I moved the <levelnum> <class> text up a little so the spell text would be visible.

I understand that Mazzlefizz has considered ag_UF in the past and opted instead for DUF, but I think this might be a good time to reconsider, or at least try to find a way to implement the functionality I'm talking about with another mod. At any rate, attached is the screenshot - please let me know what you think :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg castbarscropped.JPG (125.1 KB, 687 views)

02-14-07, 12:38 PM   #87
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I know exactly what you mean about the ag_UF casting bars. I'm missing them too. On one hand you have the DUF unit frames, which dont have the casting bars but allow tons of flexibility for all other aspects of the unitframes, or ag, which has casting bars but are not nearly as easy to manipulate. The problem is even worse because as I understand it DUF is defunct and probably wont have the casting bar feature anytime soon, and it doesn't appear the 'mission' of ag_UF is to offer the level of flexibility/customization DUF had.

Oh well, maybe someone with better lua kung fu than I will be a saint and update DUF.

02-14-07, 02:21 PM   #88
mixedtrigenito
A Defias Bandit
so i saw the mazzle pack and thought it looks pretty useless.
so i decide to give it a try.

wait WTF???
i did not say pretty useless next time you decide to edit someones post at least do it right.

yes i did say it was pretty useless FOR PVP. and i was asking if things could be re-arrange
moved around or resize. so that it doesnt look so tiny that your response time is drop down to 3 seconds before u click something cuse u have to figure out what it is...

and FYI you should visit the worldofwarcraft.com forum theres a post made just for your rude idiotic self.

/delete mazz

Last edited by mixedtrigenito : 02-16-07 at 02:51 PM.

02-14-07, 07:43 PM   #89
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks for the ideas Neuros. I'll keep them in mind.

02-16-07, 12:32 AM   #90
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
Mazzle, VitalWatch is a great addon for alerting the player when he is low on mana, low on healtha nd in danger of dying, etc.

It is ace2 and has a fubar menu and does not cause lag or use much memory, I added it to my addons and think itd be nice to add to the UI for everyone.

Main reason being, the Unitframes for player is on the bottom left and most of us are not used to checking for our health and mana there so many times we are not aware of how low they are. This would make it a lot safer for people that just switched to mazzleui.

Last edited by Khameleon : 02-16-07 at 12:34 AM.

02-16-07, 12:49 AM   #91
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Khameleon
Mazzle, VitalWatch is a great addon for alerting the player when he is low on mana, low on healtha nd in danger of dying, etc.

It is ace2 and has a fubar menu and does not cause lag or use much memory, I added it to my addons and think itd be nice to add to the UI for everyone.

Main reason being, the Unitframes for player is on the bottom left and most of us are not used to checking for our health and mana there so many times we are not aware of how low they are. This would make it a lot safer for people that just switched to mazzleui.

Wouldn't this be redudant, given the HUD in the middle of the screen and the information provided by SCT in the middle of the screen?

02-16-07, 01:58 AM   #92
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Vint
Wouldn't this be redudant, given the HUD in the middle of the screen and the information provided by SCT in the middle of the screen?
I don't use the HUD, many people choose not to use it as it clutters the screen too much for some people.

SCT doesn't alert you the way this does. This warns you and also can warn your party for low mana/ health, emergency, etc. and has many options.

02-16-07, 09:42 AM   #93
Winabiyo
A Kobold Labourer
Unless I completely missed it in the settings or FAQ, could it be possible to put a pet health/mana bar that is connected to the HUD on the player side. I personally like to see how much health and mana my demon has without having to look down in the corner to see how it's doing.

Thanks and love the UI

02-16-07, 10:41 AM   #94
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Winabiyo
Unless I completely missed it in the settings or FAQ, could it be possible to put a pet health/mana bar that is connected to the HUD on the player side. I personally like to see how much health and mana my demon has without having to look down in the corner to see how it's doing.

Thanks and love the UI
I like this too - one thing I miss from ArcHud is the pet information.

02-16-07, 10:55 AM   #95
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Yeah, I've looked at that in the past. It seems far less flexible (no templates) and doesn't allow you to see all three talent trees at once. I do like that it updates tooltips using a database extracted from blizzard's web page.
I agree with Mazzle here - I love this mod.

My first reaction was "oh NOES, what do I do" but once I took a little time to play with it I realize how powerful it is. I love the fact that I can send talent tree ideas to guildies - that is really cool.

The only interesting drawback is when in template mode when you are spending talent points you dont "have" yet the tooltips for the skills do not update past the first skill. So say I am level 10, and I plan out all 61 talent points. The tooltips for a 5 point skill only show the text as if you have only 1 point in that skill.

Probably a limitation with WoW in general - if the info is fed from the server then your client wouldn't KNOW that talent's information perhaps.

Anyway - I love this mod.

02-16-07, 11:11 AM   #96
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

PVP Timer

Being on a PvE server I would LOVE to have a PvP timer. There is one in one of the Fubar mods, but it only kicks off if you manualy flag PvP or come out of a BG. It doesn't start counting if you tag a flagged enemy.

This can be very helpful as you cower while dead waiting for the PvP flag to drop.

02-16-07, 01:27 PM   #97
dadmanic
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Mazzle,

Having issues with the bags. Keeps coming up with an error saying item doesnt fit in container. and when I go to sell the other items bags that pop up dont make sense. Other the UI is a really cool with design and through out.

Dadmanic

02-16-07, 02:28 PM   #98
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by dadmanic
Mazzle,

Having issues with the bags. Keeps coming up with an error saying item doesnt fit in container. and when I go to sell the other items bags that pop up dont make sense. Other the UI is a really cool with design and through out.

Dadmanic
A little more information would help... What class are you playing? A warlock perhaps? Is it happening with all items or just particular items? Are you using the standard bags or Baggins? There are some known issues with shard iirc.

02-16-07, 02:39 PM   #99
dadmanic
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by dadmanic
Mazzle,

Dadmanic

I was using baggins when errors were happening on the item doesnt fit in container but that was to items of dead NPC. Also was having probs when I was playing my Lock with the shard bag. I had extra shards and they were in a different bag and tried to but them in the shard bag and wouldn't let me. Any help on these two issues would be greatfully appreicated.

Dadmanic

02-16-07, 04:45 PM   #100
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Flarin
Being on a PvE server I would LOVE to have a PvP timer. There is one in one of the Fubar mods, but it only kicks off if you manualy flag PvP or come out of a BG. It doesn't start counting if you tag a flagged enemy.

This can be very helpful as you cower while dead waiting for the PvP flag to drop.

Have you looked that the BattleGroundFu Pluggin? Last time I checked it had a PVP cooldown built into it, just mouse over it and you can see how long you got left. Don't know if this is the mod you where refereing too tho.
Give Locks Green Fire!!!

Last edited by Durzil : 02-16-07 at 04:47 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD