03-07-07, 02:25 AM   #1
Eliam
A Murloc Raider
I have seen alot off addons pack

Hey i was wonder how you create a addonspack, So i was just wonder what program you are using. Or is it just some off the small program othere ppl you take and mix it all together to a pack ?

I hope you can tell me i will try to make some to one day. But i just need to now how you do
03-07-07, 02:52 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The easiest way (and by far the most common method) is to take your Interface folder and zip it up. That advantage to this method is that it is quick and downloaders can easily see what is inside. I use this method myself.

- First I copy my Interface folder to my Desktop, and delete the mods I do not want to include.
-Then I copy my WTF folder (for the layout) to my Desktop, rename the account folder (it uses your login name) and the character folder (to remove any personal info).
- Now both the Interface and WTF folder are dropped into a folder that is named after the package. I usually include a read me txt file as well.
- Finally I just zip it up and upload.

You can use some zip programs to create a self extracting zip file. If you want to get more advanced there are some shareware programs that will create an installer. However you more likely to get people to download if you just use a simple zip file as most people are wary of exe files.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-07-07 at 03:03 AM.
03-07-07, 02:59 AM   #3
Eliam
A Murloc Raider
Awsome, Thx dude

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I have seen alot off addons pack