03-17-07, 05:02 AM   #141
moondoggy
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
nice one thank you and cant wait to see it!
03-17-07, 11:34 AM   #142
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Uploaded the SS of the Undead theme, you can view it on the first post of this thread or from the download page. Tell me what you think.
03-18-07, 01:57 AM   #143
moondoggy
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
excellent job on the frame,super clean!
03-18-07, 04:43 PM   #144
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
The one for the chat window isn't too obnoxious, but the overlap on the "targeting YOU" as it is in the screenshot is a little much... that sounds strange, because it's all of like 5 pixels high, and it's probably more of my own taste than anything else... I just really dislike seeing part of my text rather than all of it.

Other than that, it looks great!
03-18-07, 05:58 PM   #145
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Filarun
The one for the chat window isn't too obnoxious, but the overlap on the "targeting YOU" as it is in the screenshot is a little much... that sounds strange, because it's all of like 5 pixels high, and it's probably more of my own taste than anything else... I just really dislike seeing part of my text rather than all of it.

Other than that, it looks great!
My English is quite limitted, but are you talking about the text? or the minimap borders that's overlapping the text?
03-19-07, 08:34 PM   #146
Deilene
A Murloc Raider
here's another, what do you guys think of this one?

the one thing i have changed since, is that texture bottom3, or the middle right one, now goes with the flow and the line direction is the same as the one next to it
03-19-07, 09:53 PM   #147
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

I have re-re-reuploaded the undead theme ScreenShot, this time on a high resolution normal screen which is wayyyyyy better than the high resolution I posted taken from the widescreen laptop.

I have to admit, I really like how I did with the target cave and the minimap... it is somewhat more detailed compare to the Night Elf one and no cluster pixels or out-of-place pixels. . But one thing I'm kind of disappointed in is that I couldn't do much anymore in adding more bones to make it feel even more evilish to fit for warlock users..... sorry guys, maybe I'll try to add more in later in time.

Edit: Hopefully once I'm done with this scientific research paper as well as bioinformatic project... I'll be doing a lot of skins

Last edited by 123noob : 03-19-07 at 10:53 PM.
03-19-07, 11:52 PM   #148
flaicher
A Cyclonian

nice work Deilene
if combat log could be changed transparent...
03-20-07, 08:49 AM   #149
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Wow, so many skins starting to pop up.

Here's one I saw in the screenshots thread by someone named SinSilla that I thought looked great. Something like this would make an excellent skin. It seemed to be an undead theme. I'm not sure if she's the author of the artwork.

Screenshot

03-20-07, 09:57 AM   #150
VoodooFX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think that theme you were talking about Mazzle is actually a warlock compilation package. I remember seeing something very similar to that.

Personally i kinda dislike the big gargoyles and it seems to me that you have to watch two places at the same time for mana and health.

I really like 123noob's arts, and am still waiting patiently for the promised orc theme (although i know noob is busy atm, right noob ? )

The UD theme looks pretty cool, although i think it could use some more enhancements as it seems to be a little too simple-looking (maybe some different texture on the upper border from center part - some bones maybe - kinda like you did on NE theme with the leaves). Other than that, it looks great !

-VoodooFX
03-20-07, 10:07 AM   #151
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Wow, so many skins starting to pop up.

Here's one I saw in the screenshots thread by someone named SinSilla that I thought looked great. Something like this would make an excellent skin. It seemed to be an undead theme. I'm not sure if she's the author of the artwork.

Screenshot

Yah I've seen that SS as well and it is a warlock compilation suite as well. I have to admit those textures are very nice, and I know most of those textures are from WCIII extract (other than the Gargoyle and the chains). I really like the usage of the chains connecting the bar textures.
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
I really like 123noob's arts, and am still waiting patiently for the promised orc theme (although i know noob is busy atm, right noob ? )

The UD theme looks pretty cool, although i think it could use some more enhancements as it seems to be a little too simple-looking (maybe some different texture on the upper border from center part - some bones maybe - kinda like you did on NE theme with the leaves). Other than that, it looks great !

-VoodooFX
I believe once I get my paper done this week, I'll be able to start bit by bit on the next theme. I guess I will be going down the order of the themes listed in the download as well as the first post.
03-20-07, 10:16 AM   #152
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Voodoo, I was not suggesting anything about the layout of add-ons. That's not something I would change. I just liked the textures, the chains and the coherent look of it all. I think something similar could be done that could fit within the constraints of my UI.

On a related note, I was also browsing over at the Discord site, which I haven't looked at in ages. There were some great textures being done there as well that I think would also look great in this context.

I also wouldn't mind seeing how minimal a skin could be created. Perhaps, it would be something that would be semi transparent over a completely full game screen, i.e. no viewport.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 03-20-07 at 10:21 AM.
03-20-07, 11:08 AM   #153
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by 123noob
My English is quite limitted, but are you talking about the text? or the minimap borders that's overlapping the text?
Sorry about that, my vocabulary makes me hard to understand sometimes.

I meant that the minimap border overlapped the text a little too far for my liking. It's actually covering parts of the letters.
03-20-07, 05:33 PM   #154
minyaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It would be nice to get a little page going for people who have created their own skins to post em up. I know some of you have linked to where we can get a hold of the skins, but it's all scattered in this large thread. Just a thought... and what are you all using to convert your images back to TGA? I can't get a hold of a program that accurately does it without me having to pay for it.
03-20-07, 07:27 PM   #155
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Voodoo, I was not suggesting anything about the layout of add-ons. That's not something I would change. I just liked the textures, the chains and the coherent look of it all. I think something similar could be done that could fit within the constraints of my UI.

On a related note, I was also browsing over at the Discord site, which I haven't looked at in ages. There were some great textures being done there as well that I think would also look great in this context.

I also wouldn't mind seeing how minimal a skin could be created. Perhaps, it would be something that would be semi transparent over a completely full game screen, i.e. no viewport.
I like that since nowaday people prefer more of a cleaner and glossier looks of a UI like most people are doing in discord forum, especially one of those remade textures that is positioned on the left side of the screen posted recently.
Originally Posted by minyaen
It would be nice to get a little page going for people who have created their own skins to post em up. I know some of you have linked to where we can get a hold of the skins, but it's all scattered in this large thread. Just a thought... and what are you all using to convert your images back to TGA? I can't get a hold of a program that accurately does it without me having to pay for it.
Well there's no need of a software to convert an imgage back to TGA when you can save it as TGA using PSD or few other paint programs. However, there is a java file that enables you to convert a PNG over to BLP. You can find it here in wowinterface I think, or you can look for it in curse-gaming.
03-21-07, 02:04 AM   #156
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant

That's what I have so far. The cave is made from bits and pieces I found at wowtextures.com. The basic form for the bottom 1-4 bits is heavily edited from the electroflux textronator images. Arthas artwork from Samwise galleries, and the skeleton on the right side is from wowtextures again.

I still want to do more work to the floating cave art, it came out a bit blurry after I was working with it a while. Also still need to do cast bar and chat box.
03-21-07, 06:13 AM   #157
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

I reallly like that target cave..... I think I'll change mine to that if you don't mind.
03-21-07, 08:29 AM   #158
VoodooFX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
the cave looks great Therok. Only one thing i would comment on it... it has no graphic for the mazzle hotspots in the corners (you know, Follow, Trade, Inspect, Whisper), which i find to be very useful.
Other than that, if you would fix the blur, i really thing it will look great.

Oh, and noob, you should consider trying to adapt the colors on the cave with the border of your bottom1 and 4 (if i remember correctly yours had less gray and some boneish looking colours).

-VoodooFX
03-21-07, 12:16 PM   #159
minyaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by 123noob
However, there is a java file that enables you to convert a PNG over to BLP. You can find it here in wowinterface I think, or you can look for it in curse-gaming.
Nice! Thanks
03-21-07, 01:33 PM   #160
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

So, with all the skins you guys are doing, I'm not sure whether I can simply embed them in the Mazzifier. I have a couple ideas, but I'll need a little help first. Specifically, I could use some people to run a couple simple experiments to see how having tons of art impacts WoW's memory usage. If you're looking for a way to contribute, read on.

I think it's pretty evident that WoW creates some sort of index of all the art files it finds in the add-on directories when it loads up. That's why you can't simply point your mods to new art files as you drop them in there; you have to do a full restart of WoW. What I don't know is whether WoW actually loads the art itself into memory when the application loads, or does WoW just keep an index to that file and then load it into memory when either the add-on is loaded or the art itself used. That's a distinction I'll need to know if I want this to work without using a lot of unnecessary memory.

So, to help, here's an experiment for someone to run.
  1. Disable all add-ons. Enable StatusWindows (so you can see how much memory you're using) and another, simple, stand-alone add-on with no dependences. If you want to be as clean as possible, rename your old WTF and Interface folders and create a new interface folder with just StatusWindows and the other add-on.
  2. Log in and see how much base memory is being used.
  3. Copy TONS of artwork (TGA's or BLPs) into the stand-alone add-on's directory.
  4. Completely restart WoW. See whether memory use increases, and, if so, by how much. Report this amount and how many/how big the files you added were.
  5. Then try logging in with that stand-alone add-on disabled from the add-on selection screen. Does your UI use less memory or is it the same?

This experiment does leave out one important case, namely whether the art loads on first reference, but it's a start. I'd appreciate it if a few separate people could do this.

Odds are that I'm going to create a new add-on that contains all the best skins. As you'd expect, the mazzifier will allow you to choose from the skins contained in the directory of this new add-on. After you choose a skin, it will tell you exactly which files you can copy over to the main add-on. You can also keep running it as is with the new add-on always loaded. The above experiments will help determine what the smartest thing a user can do to save memory, in other words, whether the user should run both add-ons, copy those art files, delete the old add-on, disable it or do nothing at all.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleExtraSkinsPackage