04-24-07, 02:51 AM   #1
NorgannonBônez
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation No AddOns Button

as the name suggests i downloaded a few addons to my decktop, extracted the files to my desktop and copyd them to the addons folder in the interface menu and theres no addons button in the character selection screen!

i have had this trouble b4 but i dont remember what i did to fix it, i was just messing around and boom it worked. , but alas i spent an hour tinkering and still nothing this time
HELP!
04-24-07, 04:43 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you did something wrong.

C:/program files/world of warcraft/interface/addons/blah/lua files

not

C:/program files/world of warcraft/interface/addons/blah v. 1.2.3.4.5/blah/lua files

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
04-24-07, 08:51 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-26-07, 07:04 PM   #4
elsancho
A Murloc Raider
i have same problem

my addons button does not show up on character screen either, i did what was stated as above and it still does not come up... any other suggestions?
04-27-07, 02:03 AM   #5
NorgannonBônez
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation again..

ok so i asked a GM about this and he said exit Wow, rename the WTF,Cache and interface folders to <name>-old like WTF-Old. then restart comp and it should be up.

but its not, and apparently other ppl r having this problem too, but no one seems to know what to do >.>
04-27-07, 02:17 AM   #6
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
we know what to do, we just need more information as to what exactly you are doing, so we know where the problem is

However 99% of the times its in the unpacking of the zip file, so heres a idiotproof howto

Note - this must be done while out of the game completely!
Also seeing as you are having problems installing any addons, please delete all previously installed addons from this folder, so you are starting again with an empty folder.

Download the zip to your desktop, open up your "C:\ Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons" folder (default location)

Now right click on the zip file, and drag it (ie don't let go of the right mouse button) to your addons folder, when hovering over the open folder (you should see the icon of your zip file in a shadow effect) let go of the right mouse button, when the menu comes up, select 'Extract here'

*NOTE 'EXTRACT HERE' NOT 'EXTRACT TO NAME OF ADDON'

Now load up the game, and on your character selection screen you should have the addons button at the bottom left of the screen.

Click on this and check your addon is listed, compatible etc. If your addon says "out of date" then go to the top right of this window and check the box beside "load out of date addons"

If your addon is listed as "incompatible", it has not been upgraded for the current patch, make sure you've downloaded the newest version.

If your addon is listed as "dependancy missing" then you have only downloaded a small addon for the actual addon, and it does not have the required files to load.

If this still doesn't solve your problem, please help us to help you by giving us detailed information, the addon you are trying to install would be a good start, the exact contents of the addon folder, for example:

c\program files\world of warcraft\interface\addons\blahaddon\ contains 3 files called blahaddon.toc, blahaddon.xml and blahaddon.lua

or c\program files\world of warcraft\interface\addons\blahaddon contains another folder called blahaddons1.0 which contains 3 files called....)

Last edited by Debz : 04-27-07 at 02:31 AM.
04-28-07, 04:44 AM   #7
NorgannonBônez
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up Yay

awsome i got it thx alot!
turns out it was the location of my Wow folder, i had it on desktop for easy access(was supposed to be a shortcut lol) but apparently i moved the whole folder insead of making a shortcut

thx for all the help!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No AddOns Button