04-30-07, 03:08 AM   #1
goauld
A Fallenroot Satyr
Photek UI and Blizzards Tooltip

hey all

currently running Photeks Ui and loving it... however ... blizzards own default tooltip, showing up at the lower right corner, kinda messes up my interface "design" and readabilty

When using blizzards interface options and shutting this off it doesn`t work. Also i want to keep this tooltip but not on its current and default location.

How can i move this ?

tanx in advance

goauld
04-30-07, 06:45 AM   #2
Hellraiser
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Think Photek includes addon named TinyTip (download it if not). Check if its enabled and enter /tinytip for options
04-30-07, 06:55 AM   #3
goauld
A Fallenroot Satyr
its turned off
04-30-07, 09:17 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then that's your problem. Turn it on and you'll be able to put the tooltip wherever you want on your screen.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-30-07, 01:18 PM   #5
goauld
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah
Then that's your problem. Turn it on and you'll be able to put the tooltip wherever you want on your screen.
not quite right .... options only gives y center, upper left, lower left etcetera etctera... i wished there was an option like "lock tooltip" "unlock tooltip" so u can drag it wherever u want and lock it there.

plz enlighten me XD
04-30-07, 01:46 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Dragging a tooltip would require the mod to create a "dummy" tooltip and enable it for dragging. In your TinyTip options (btw, Fubar - TinyTipFu gives you access to the tinytip options from fubar) just tell it where you want your tooltip. Want it along the right side? Tell it to anchor to the right. Think it needs to be nudged up a little higher? Start putting values in the y-offset edit box. Remember to hit enter after entering in a number. I believe that all of those menu options show a tooltip, or you could hover over a spell or item for a larger tooltip. Really, how often do you move your tooltips around?

Or, you could anchor it to your cursor.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-03-07, 08:43 AM   #7
goauld
A Fallenroot Satyr
tanx got it sorted now

came up with some more questions XD

i used to have detailed information on a linked item telling me how much my other chars had in bags or bank .... seems like there s no such thing in photek compilation ... u peeps happen to know the name of such an addon or is it already integrated within Photek and i forgot to turn it on?

Also .... prat .... chat addon..... defaults font size is pretty damn small.... have to change it everytime i log in. Why can`t i save my chosen font size?

a bug maybe > i use detachedminibuttons to sort out my addon buttons. Squeenix is always hiding my worldmapbutton while its on shown... i have to switch it on off everytime i log in to make it visible again. If i log out and in again the button is gone again (while its on shown) Something wrong here?

not major thingies but they do annoy me sometimes XD

greetzZz
goauld
05-05-07, 07:22 AM   #8
goauld
A Fallenroot Satyr
up

still haven`t it figured out

anyone ?
05-05-07, 12:17 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Not sure why your font size isn't being saved. Have you tried both the Blizzard menu (right-click on chat tab) and the Prat module to change it?

Just use the M button to open your map.

05-06-07, 05:05 AM   #10
goauld
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by goauld

i used to have detailed information on a linked item telling me how much my other chars had in bags or bank .... seems like there s no such thing in photek compilation ... u peeps happen to know the name of such an addon or is it already integrated within Photek and i forgot to turn it on?
still on the lookout for this addon ......
05-06-07, 11:55 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think it might be something with Character Info?

05-07-07, 10:38 PM   #12
goauld
A Fallenroot Satyr
nah its not.... kinda weird cos i don`t recognise any mod doin something like this in my old interface folder....

i use a bank account for all my mats (who doesn`t). Now with my old interface i was able to click a link from chat (or if its not there, shiftclicking an item so it will be in chat) and see how much of that item was on my bankchar. This was managed by an extra line from the tooltip u always get when clicking an item from chat. A simple line like;

"xxxxxx has 247 in bank"

or

"xxxxxx has 50 in bags"

loved that mod .... simple .... light...... VERY effective

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Photek UI and Blizzards Tooltip