05-22-07, 10:25 PM   #1
bboyramo
A Murloc Raider
SCT problem >.<

Ok to check this out hopefully someone can fix this problem that im having. When i log on my mage i get this message " Wrong verison of SCT loaded. SCTD will not load or work untill SCT is updated to 5.6. Now when i log on my pld on the same sever everything is fine. What this is going on my mage is im not able to see my damage from spells or melee attacks. I also cannot see any damage that i take other then % on the health bar. Anyone know what i can do to fix this? I use WowAceupdater to get the lastest but it still doesn't fix it. Thank you for any help.
05-24-07, 06:56 AM   #2
MageCort
A Defias Bandit
I have the same problem on one of my two computers. The second computer seems to be working fine. I am also a mage, but I haven't tested it on other characters to see if it doesn't work on those also.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but the comp that isn't working is a Macbook Pro.
05-24-07, 07:55 AM   #3
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by bboyramo
Ok to check this out hopefully someone can fix this problem that im having. When i log on my mage i get this message " Wrong verison of SCT loaded. SCTD will not load or work untill SCT is updated to 5.6. Now when i log on my pld on the same sever everything is fine. What this is going on my mage is im not able to see my damage from spells or melee attacks. I also cannot see any damage that i take other then % on the health bar. Anyone know what i can do to fix this? I use WowAceupdater to get the lastest but it still doesn't fix it. Thank you for any help.
SCTD is not a built in part of SCT. So if you updated SCT you may have missed updating SCTD, a addon that adds functionality to SCT. But this is just a guess without seeing whats in your folder etc.
05-24-07, 08:33 AM   #4
MageCort
A Defias Bandit
I have the latest versions of both SCT and SCTD. It wouldn't make much sense that SCTD would cause an error saying that you had to upgrade to SCT 5.6 unless SCTD was upgraded also...
05-24-07, 01:10 PM   #5
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hrmm... well if its not that what can it be. There isn't a small weird chance there are two copies of it it the addon folder is there? I know that one is out there but who knows with WAU doing the updating.

Outside of this all I can think of is to delete the SCT saved variables and reload it totally fresh and new. If this fails. Delete the Saved variables AND the addon folders, replacing them with whole new ones. That way we can for certain determine that there are no old folders etc inside the sct or sctd addon folders.

Lets hope for second try being the charm ay?
05-24-07, 02:13 PM   #6
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is there a remote chance that SCTD isn't enabled for the character that isn't getting the messages? Also, when you updated to the new versions, did you just copy over the existing folder, or delete the old folder before copying them in? Maybe some residual files are playing tricks on your mods when they check to see which version you have (I'm assuming you did this manually and not via the updater tool).

Last edited by Arkive : 05-24-07 at 02:16 PM.
05-24-07, 02:27 PM   #7
Fairyglass
A Kobold Labourer
At the actual SCT Download page, others have listed this same problem. Read down the length of the page (mech6982's post) to see how to fix it. It's a version issue found in the SavedVariable's file.

Last edited by Fairyglass : 05-24-07 at 02:40 PM.
05-24-07, 02:41 PM   #8
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
OK you need to also check and see if you have installed SharedMedia, SCT and SCTd need this to work or function properly with the current versions.

SharedMedia is available from the www.wowace.com website.

05-24-07, 02:55 PM   #9
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To fix this issue you can just reset your SCT options and then log out and back in. This appears to be happening mainly to people who have not updated in quite some time. For future versions I will be using a better way of version tracking than the current way.

Also, you do not need to download SharedMedia separately, it is included with SCT.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SCT problem >.<