09-27-07, 12:15 PM   #1
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Patch 2.2: Errors after newly updated packages

There have recently been several updates to many of the mods that MazzleUI uses. I'm sure that most of them are the changes that have already been listed on the forums here, but I would like for everyone that wishes to continue to work toward getting everything fixed to run the updates now so that everyone can be on the same page. I was able to test things for about 45 mins and only came up with one tooltip bug, but that's most likely because I have not updated DUF.

Here are instructions for updating DUF should you choose to: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...59&postcount=4

The updated version of ItemRack can be found here

If you have installed addons outside of the ones that originally came with MazzleUI please disable them and try to reproduce your error before submitting a bug report for it. Please read through any bugs that have already been reported and try to not a duplicate one. Having 100 submissions with a full error report of the exact same thing does not help to fix the problem, it only adds to the time required to wade through everything to make sure that they are duplicates. At this point there should not be very many bugs left that need to be reported so it shouldn't take too much effort to read any previous reports. Be sure to remove the .svn folders from nQuestLog and topscore fu so that they will be updated by WAU.

All references are to the AddOns directory in the World of Warcraft installation, typically at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
Ensure that the following changes have been made to your MazzleUI files:
  • Mazzifier\Mazzifier_Configs.lua: SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech", "0") should now be SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech", "0")
  • MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:
    • All self:assert statements should be changed to just assert
    • Action_Button_SetTooltip() should now be ActionButton_SetTooltip(self)
  • If you would like to disable the error sound with the known camera error do this. Add a -- (dash dash) to the front of the following line of code in MazzleUI\MazzleUI_Models.lua PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\Human\\MaleNPC\\HumanPesantMale\\HumanPesantMaleWoundB.wav"); It is near the bottom of the file. Edit: I found a post on the forums for a partial fix of this issue here.

Known Errors (that do not need to be reported at this time):
  • Paging in Bongos isn't working properly. I have not experienced the issue that some people have mentioned that they always cast the same spell regardless of what the button shows. I would like to deal with the Bongos issues separately from the rest of the issues because I think that it is going to be more of a specialized case than any of the other bugs.
  • Camera errors for certain mobs. It is going to take some time to find the new names of the mobs and that time will be taken after everything else is fixed.

At this point I am going to begin working on the Mazzifier to make sure that it will completely setup and configure everything properly on new and existing MazzleUI installations. If no more bugs pop up outside of the known ones, I would feel comfortable releasing a patch to make it easy for people to get MazzleUI working with 2.2 without having to dig through and edit any code.

- Meio

Last edited by meio : 09-27-07 at 12:53 PM.
09-27-07, 01:32 PM   #2
Kynki
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thx Meio, really appreciate all the effort and time your putting in to the this
09-27-07, 01:43 PM   #3
Lorelahna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Agreed, thank you!
09-27-07, 02:29 PM   #4
mr2cool
An Aku'mai Servant
maybe im really stupid but the DUF thing i dont know how to fix

can someone please write a small guide for the non coders here thanks
09-27-07, 02:37 PM   #5
Vesania
A Murloc Raider

YOU!!! are a godsend! I have made all the changes that have been posted and mine is running ok, but I'd LOVE to have an actual updated version that I don't have to tip toe with just to ensure nothing else goes whacky on it...would be great to be able to Mazzify again!

Thanks so much for the time and effort you have put into fixing our fav UI....your effort does NOT go un noticed! In short....

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!
09-27-07, 09:20 PM   #6
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
Action_Button_SetTooltip() should now be ActionButton_SetTooltip(self)

All I found was ActionButton_SetTooltip() I am assuming this is supposed to now be ActionButton_SetTooltip(self)

Is it safe to Mazzify? I saved my button layout, but I am too much of a wuss to try it and mess everything up. Only reason why I want to is to get DuF formatted correctly. I think I lost it from updating it.

Thank you so much for helping everyone Meio!

Last edited by bacon360 : 09-27-07 at 09:26 PM.
09-27-07, 11:01 PM   #7
rainstorm
A Kobold Labourer

Meio, I would also like to add my thanks and outstanding job in helping everyone with the errors. I to look forward to the Mazzle patch. I have ran 9 or 10 different UI's and I find Mazzle the best set up and user friendly UI I have seen so far,.

Agian Thanks for all your hard work.
09-27-07, 11:11 PM   #8
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Great job Meio! Thanks for all the effort, I'm almost, almost completly lost myself. Hope your patch will work on the Mac.
09-27-07, 11:14 PM   #9
Kyousei
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Thank you thank you thank you.

Do you think more information will be needed from those with paging issues, *when it comes time for those to be addressed*?

If so, I don't know how much help I can be, but I'd be willing to - and I can follow directions. Just let me know.
09-27-07, 11:29 PM   #10
nightlily
A Murloc Raider
I'm keeping an eye on things here, though I've removed Mazzle for now and am working with other mods. I'll be watching to see if there is a patch as I don't know what I am doing for the code and all. For now, as I understand you're having some issues with Bongos, I'd suggest giving Trinity a look. It does essentially the same thing only it's very easy to configure and paging works great, plus it has a lot of extra options in there. Only thing is it would be a matter of whether it's harder to fix Bongos or adjust Trinity to work with Mazzle, which I don't know since I'm not familiar with the scripting involved. But if you can it would be great. When you configure a bar for stances it automatically makes a new bar for every stance/form your character has, extremely simple. The author is actively working on it and the beta has been updated since 2.2 and so far has been one of very few mods I am using without any issues. I am using the beta, not the 'stable release'.

Link: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...yBarsBeta.html

Thanks everyone who is working hard on fixing up Mazzle, I would definitely love to have it going again.
09-28-07, 06:47 AM   #11
raptorweb1
A Defias Bandit
Would also like to say thanks meio, have tried 5 different ui's and hated them all after using mazzle for so long. Only problem i've notice i still have is under my 3d char where it reports your armor is wrong, no matter how many times i try to repair it. my armor is actually all fixed but is still reported as 79%. didn't think it was a big deal till i went to the ah to sell some stuff and got the message that i have to repair item before i can sell it even though its good. what addon is this so i can turn it off for now? Again, thanks for all the work on mazzle.
09-28-07, 09:08 AM   #12
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
I did not use the newly created patch, however I followed closely all the advice given in the threads here and manually patched Mazzle from the advice given and Mazzle is working for me without any bugsack errors. The problems I have remaining are Fubar related. The durability percent below my portrait is no longer accurate, and if I mouseover AutoLootFu I will get a bug sack error. I've not seen anyone else complain about these things and so I'm wondering if it has to do with the way that I update and use WAU.

Following the patch we were instructed to update without externals, followed by an update on certain mods (ora,fubar,cartographer,maybe one other) with externals, which I did. Since then whenever I update I do so without externals, as that is how I had always done it in the past. Can someone enlighten me on the proper updating protocol for using WAU with Mazzle, as I typically update dailly, or at least before every raid. Is it necessary to update some of the mods with externals and some without each and every time one runs WAU?
09-28-07, 12:39 PM   #13
alenda
A Cliff Giant

Just a quick question here, I have not remazzified, and I don't intend to, because it's working relatively stablely, except for the paging issue. Now Meio mentions to update the DUF, but I'm not having any issues with it, even my target-y thing is working properly. What my question is, if I update DUF, will I need to remazzify, or will it work out of the box, so to speak?
09-28-07, 12:55 PM   #14
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
Updating DUF will not require you to remazzify.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.2: Errors after newly updated packages