09-29-07, 12:22 AM   #81
grin
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs down Cant get it to mezzify

read title...

tryed a clean install but cant get mazzle to finnish the "spell" any sugestions?
and no i dont add any mods before i trying the setup thingy

would realy like to start use mazzle again
09-29-07, 03:07 AM   #82
Raazor
A Kobold Labourer

Turn of Mend pet

Originally Posted by mr2cool
need help please, just installed this patch and all works ok except when i go on my hunter.
i have the mend pet button in the normal action bar spot but i also have this really annoying mend pet button right in the middle of my screen??? yes i can move it around but its a bigger button them all my others so no i can just put it over the other mend pet and no it doesnt attach to the action slots anyways...i need to get rid of it if possible....please help thanks

Type /kotj mendpet off

You will have to reload your ui to see the change

To see the other options Type /kotj

Last edited by Raazor : 09-30-07 at 04:19 PM.
09-29-07, 05:54 AM   #83
Imhoteph
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for the good job, Buddy!
UI works fine now.

/hug
09-29-07, 06:15 AM   #84
Dynnyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Arkangyl1
Yeah do away with that piece of garbage. (Vista)
viasta aint garbarge... i much prefer it to xp pro or xp or any other operating sytsem i have ever run

people think its garbage cus they get the bog standard edition.... try going for hte more expensive ones :P they work liek a charm or you could do what i did and get a 400 pound edition for free

gotta love uni courses
09-29-07, 09:22 AM   #85
mr2cool
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Raazor
Type /kotj mendpet off

You will have to reload your ui to see the change

Too see the other options Type /kotj
thanks alot
09-29-07, 11:10 AM   #86
Angelicus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Sort of a Nub question

Got it all working, with much thanks to the wor done by you lot , bu tI have a small question, I was using the WoW Ace Updater as stated before the patch was released, but notice that when it updates it "skips" some of the addons as they are "protected"

so 2 questions :-

1. Does this make one hell of difference ? That it skips some ?
2. Is there anyway to get it to check and update the "protected" adons.

It Skips these :-

FuBar_TopscoreFU
gfxToggle2
Hourglass
KingOfTheJungle
myBindings2
nQuestlog

AS everone else has said, great job all, thanks for all the effort.

As someone who has only been playing the game for 2 months, this UI was the one that seemed best for one so new - quick and realy easy to install and had a bilt in installer/configuration that talked you though all the areas a new player could want.

I'm sorry that it's not being updated as it used to be, it's a real good UI for those of us who want the funcationality without all the digging around in various files and folders.

Please re-consider Mazz. Even if you are Alliance, this is a stirling bi tof work.

Regards,
Angelicus
09-29-07, 11:21 AM   #87
Garb
A Murloc Raider
It seems if I use WAU after downloading this patch WoW freezes after trying to load a character. Ive tried it with and without externals, I get the same issue both times
09-29-07, 12:02 PM   #88
Bedcrow
A Defias Bandit
Updating question

I followed all of your instructions and got a character mazzified (I am testing on my lap top so my main computer doesn't get fubar). Things worked great. My question is should I run WAU at this point, and if I do should I be selective of what I let it update and what I don't. I do not want things to get screwy again. The Mazzifier showed alot of mods as needs update. The 1.1 package came with instructions for updating. Are they still applicable.

You have done a great job getting this put back together, I sometimes think I shouldn't be so reliant on a mod package, but blizzard just continues to lack in the UI areana. This Mazzle package rocks. I would love to donate to the cause if, like others havce said, I know the project will continue to be worked and updated as Blizzard continues to improve thiers.

Thanks
Bedcrow
09-29-07, 12:13 PM   #89
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bedcrow
I followed all of your instructions and got a character mazzified (I am testing on my lap top so my main computer doesn't get fubar). Things worked great. My question is should I run WAU at this point, and if I do should I be selective of what I let it update and what I don't. I do not want things to get screwy again. The Mazzifier showed alot of mods as needs update. The 1.1 package came with instructions for updating. Are they still applicable.
When the Mazzifier says something needs updating, it's talking about the addon's settings. In other words, it means that it hasn't yet configured the settings for that add-on with the latest settings it has. It has its own internal version database for that.

At the risk of being redundant, it does NOT mean that the add-on itself needs updating.
09-29-07, 12:22 PM   #90
brucek2
A Murloc Raider
text has shadow effect applied

One change I've noticed is that all the in-game text now seems to have a heavy shadow effect. It's still legible, just not as clean as it once was. Any ideas how I can go back to the way it was?

Not sure if it's related, but I also noticed that my T4 shoulders are drawn differently now (Pauldrons of the Aldor). They used to have an animated shimmering effect. Now the shimmering is gone and there is just a static frame of it. I'm guessing that's a WoW 2.2 change vs. anything an addon could control though.

(All my graphics settings are at the max).
09-29-07, 12:24 PM   #91
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Angelicus
1. Does this make one hell of difference ? That it skips some ?
2. Is there anyway to get it to check and update the "protected" adons.

It Skips these :-

FuBar_TopscoreFU
gfxToggle2
Hourglass
KingOfTheJungle
myBindings2
nQuestlog
The only one I would still avoid updating is gfxtoggle2. The original version will make efficiency modes useless since you'll lose all the textures when it turns on. I'd also probably avoid updating hourglass and maybe myBindings2.

Hourglass had several variants posted in the forums when I used it. I don't know if any of those are now the official version. The mazzifier might have trouble configuring a different version, since they seemed pretty different from each other.

MyBindings2 has some localization info that the original didn't have. The person who gave me the localization said he submitted it to the author but never got a response. I'm not sure whether it ever got worked in or whether there were any meaninful updates to myBindings that you need.

As for the others, TopScoreFu and KOTJ are only skipped because I didn't want to use another combat log parsers just for those add-ons. If you're willing to, you can update them and add the required dependencies.

To get it to not skip them either remove the .svn folder in the add-on in question or uncheck the "Skip working copies" option. (I think that's what it's called.)
09-29-07, 02:33 PM   #92
RayTBrown
A Kobold Labourer
Question Floating Text - make it go away...

Hey all. Thank you in advance for your help, if you can.

I tried going through the latest 1.1 upload and configurations,...with much pain. Yes, I did the Mac thing at first - but I corrected it, even before reading about it here. In fact I was going to post the "mac" issue, but I was busy trying to correct it. Anyway...

I'm not sure if this counts as a MazzleUI question, as I have currently disabled it and all associated files...and and sort of happy with the outcome, for the moment...the issue I'm having is there is text that used to sit above the trinket section of the UI reflecting FPS, Time, etc,..which now sits in the middle of the screen, stacked on top of each other. How do I get rid of that?

Second, how do I go about moving, adjusting, etc: the two chat boxes on on the bottom right or the action bars above them,..especially as I do not have MazzleUI running?

My goal is to understand what each add-on does, what it called and how to adjust it before trying to go back to a full MazzleUI.

I have attached a picture to show what I'm talking about.

Attached Images
File Type: psd Pic 8.psd (167.7 KB, 515 views)
09-29-07, 03:26 PM   #93
Wiezzen
A Defias Bandit
Mazzle wont finish casting her spell on fresh install cry

I followed your instructions and Mazzles Pretty pink haireded Gnome begins to cast her spell after I selected all my preferred ad ons which arnt much as I am not high enuff to raid
anyway she starts to cast the Mazzlfication to blow my mind and .... nadda sure some windows rearrange but she never has the button (you know where)
{its the `to finish casting the spell press this button' the Mazzle window stays there I even walked away from the computer got coffee and whatnot still few minutes later nadda
it cant be my PC its a 3 gig A2 with 4gigs of ddr and 2 PCIe 500meg video cards running XP for better gameing experience

Thank you for all the wonderful Userinterfaces you program savey genius's are doing and KUDOS to Mazzlefizz for the best UI I ever seen in WoW!
09-29-07, 04:02 PM   #94
BaMbAaChA
A Defias Bandit
i have the same problem... i cant click anything on window exept the screen analize... and it doesnt bring out the bottum to end the mazzlify
09-29-07, 07:27 PM   #95
vibes
A Kobold Labourer
i just have to replace the old addon folder with new one in the interface foldeR?
coz that what i did.. if that is wrong then what do i have to do?
coz i did this and then there just were alot of addons mixed together and that
mazzle gnome didnt appear eighter..
09-29-07, 08:38 PM   #96
DariBC
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by fyrye
does this fix the randomly moved frames by moveFrames, so far I've only heard of the Mail Box, QuestLog, and WolrdStateScore (Bg scoreboard) being moved, all to the top left of the screen, where the title bar is up above fubar.

If not I'll take a deeper look into why this is occuring to see if I can come to a resolution or workaround until a comlpete fix can be found.

As a side note, I tried to edit the x/y in layoutcache.txt, but since moveframes is enabled, it just puts the frame back up there.

Thinking of making a new function in moveFrames where if the winow is out of the ThreshHold (out of the ViewPort) dimensions, it pushes the window back into the viewable dimensions, similar to how windows does with its windows.
Still broken for me even after the patch
09-30-07, 12:45 AM   #97
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The "press here to finish casting spell" button doesn't appear for me either.. After a new install of the UI.
09-30-07, 01:07 AM   #98
Martello
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation

Hello I've been using Mazzle a long time now and tried installing the Mazzle 1.1 patch1 and it doesn't work at all. There seems to be files missing /mazzify doesn't even work and if you compare the install files of 1.1 with your patch one it's smaller and missing alot of files.
09-30-07, 04:45 AM   #99
frakato
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy

Originally Posted by navas
The "press here to finish casting spell" button doesn't appear for me either.. After a new install of the UI.

Same problem here
09-30-07, 08:11 AM   #100
razu
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy after patch

just fyi , day by day i am going thru all the patch files and adding them to the original progam, since some of the files ae empty . will give an up date to see if this works any better , but with the couple of i have done so far it is worse than it was b4.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 1.1 Patch 1 for WoW 2.2