10-16-07, 06:33 PM   #1
Deth
A Defias Bandit
Target of target

Hello, I have some issues where I can't see my taget's target. In the space where it usually says who it's targeting instead of the name of the person it is now $ut.

Any help on how to fix this is much appreciated.

Here's a pic.

10-16-07, 08:48 PM   #2
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Link to answer

This one is a bit harder to find in the forum....

Due to some variable changes, you need to edit Discord Unit Frames AKA DUF

"Looking at" problem

--Mort

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
10-17-07, 08:20 AM   #3
Deth
A Defias Bandit
Thank you so much!
10-18-07, 03:38 PM   #4
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thanks all for the help keeping Mazzle going. I really love this UI, enough to read and apply all the fixes (I think) so it seems to be working just fine.

The one remaining bug is the $UT instead of the real target's name showing. I followed the instructions in this thread, and the new variable shows when I bring the DUF menu back up, but I still have the issue. What might I be doing wrong?

Did I see somewhere here that I should update DUF and that it is kept separately? If so, it would not only help me but also others with this same issue to point that out or possibly link it from this thread?
10-18-07, 04:53 PM   #5
Skarab
A Defias Bandit
at first I had this same issue, even after changing (or so I thought) all the appropriate variables; that is, anywhere I find in the target frame setting a $ut and changing it to $tn. Turns out all I was doing wrong was inputting the new variable and then exiting DUF without saving the changes. After you type in the new varialbe, make sure to hit your enter key before exiting DUF or what you typed in won't be saved. I'm guessing that's the problem you've run into.
10-19-07, 09:23 AM   #6
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Ok, yes, I believe that fixed it, thanks so much. I had actually redone it a couple of times in case it was something like this, but I had missed at least one in the process!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Target of target