11-13-07, 05:34 PM   #81
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by animadafemme
i am not sure where to find the .lua files?? what folder are they under?
They can all be found in your "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons" folder assuming WoW is installed on your C:. You can also always pull up Windows search (or Finder on a Mac) and search for the specific .lua filename you need.

Also, use the original search... not Windows Desktop Search. There's an option to use the old search if you have the new one installed on XP.
11-13-07, 05:37 PM   #82
animadafemme
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ganders
To anyone who was too lazy to read the whole thread and find the instructions, here's all you need to do to get a working Mazzle.

1. Open DUF_Set.lua, search for the line UnitIsCivilian and add a -- to the beginning of it.
2. Change the line right under that from elseif (race and sex) to if (race and sex)
3. Open Mazzifier_Configs.lua and change to

SetCVar("xpBarText", "1")
SetCVar("playerStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("partyStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("petStatusText", "1")

4. Run WAU, check everything and do Update WITH Externals.
5. Download anymore updated AddOns you can find, and start WoW.
6. Disable/delete Fizzwidget's TrackMenu.
7. Make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns button is checked.
8. Enter World, and Mazzify. Select the top box labeled "Complete configuration. I want a Mazzlegasm!"
9. If all this works, you should have a fully functional MazzleUI, except for Camera errors, DBM error, Cartographer error and Postal error.

You shouldn't need to rename your WTF folder, but it wouldn't hurt.
Are we REMOVING this line: SetCVar("statusBarText","1")
and ADDING those 4 more new lines:
11-13-07, 05:38 PM   #83
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
Temporary at best fix for no camera found and annoying sound

Go to mazzleui folder open mazzleui_models.lua

click on edit and find and type in no camera

you will see the line that reports no camera found and above it the line that makes sound

comment out both lines by typing -- in front of them

No more annoying stuff in game
11-13-07, 05:39 PM   #84
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are we REMOVING this line: SetCVar("statusBarText","1")
and ADDING those 4 more new lines:
Yessssssss.

(Stupid WoWI wouldn't let me make a 3 character post.)
11-13-07, 05:46 PM   #85
animadafemme
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thumbs up

Yessssssss.

(Stupid WoWI wouldn't let me make a 3 character post.)
OOO I'd love to have a signature like yours for my character, how and where did you make it?
11-13-07, 05:46 PM   #86
Orision
A Murloc Raider
I can't finish mazzifying, I get right to the last part and I click mazzify me and then it doesn't give me the other button. It gets hung up on autobar it seems.
11-13-07, 05:48 PM   #87
blbjtb
A Cyclonian
For the most part im actually doing ok considering its a new patch and what not. My question is however I cant see my buffs or timers anyway to quick fix this until Selfbuff comes back up again?
11-13-07, 05:50 PM   #88
animadafemme
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Orision
I can't finish mazzifying, I get right to the last part and I click mazzify me and then it doesn't give me the other button. It gets hung up on autobar it seems.
usually for a quick fix, just disable auto bar under the add-on settings tab during the mazzification process (not in the add ons tab on your character screen), it should give you the last button to complete the mazzification.
11-13-07, 05:55 PM   #89
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Zam
None of these are in my Mazzifier_Config file. Should I just go ahead and add them in? If so where should they go?
Yes, you need to add them in, and delete the current line SetCVar("statusBarText", "1")

Originally Posted by Orision
If you have the latest version of AutoBar, this might happen. I've heard other people say that the newest AutoBar broke in 2.3. The old version works perfectly fine for me though. I suggest downloading a clean Mazzle 1.1 and extracting the AutoBar folder out of it, and then follow the instructions on these forums on how to keep WAU from updating it.
11-13-07, 05:56 PM   #90
g0nk
A Kobold Labourer
So I am trying out MazzieUI.

I copied it all to me WoW directory, did everything in the instructions as it said, load up WoW, made sure out of date addons is clicked on, and jumped on the server.

MazzieUI configuration does not load. trying /mazzify doesn't do anything either. I just have a bunch of addon bars and stuff all over the place.

What could I be doing wrong? I don't understand why this isn't working. I'm on a Mac, yes, I did the Font dir correctly, and I used the 1.1 Patch 1 as well. I can confirm that all the directories are in the right place in the AddOns folder, including the Mazzie folders themselves. But it isn't working at all.. HELP
11-13-07, 05:57 PM   #91
animadafemme
A Fallenroot Satyr
usually for a quick fix, just disable auto bar under the add-on settings tab during the mazzification process (not in the add ons tab on your character screen), it should give you the last button to complete the mazzification.
great. that isnt working for me anymore, i used to be able to do that. i cant complete the mazzification process anymore, either.

i am guessing when i did the step to update all addons with WAU, which included Autobar, it probably broke that.

Last edited by animadafemme : 11-13-07 at 06:00 PM.
11-13-07, 05:58 PM   #92
Limeyness
A Murloc Raider
To anyone who was too lazy to read the whole thread and find the instructions, here's all you need to do to get a working Mazzle.

1. Open DUF_Set.lua, search for the line UnitIsCivilian and add a -- to the beginning of it.
2. Change the line right under that from elseif (race and sex) to if (race and sex)
3. Open Mazzifier_Configs.lua and change SetCVar("statusBarText","1") to

4. Run WAU, check everything and do Update WITH Externals.
5. Download anymore updated AddOns you can find, and start WoW.
6. Disable/delete Fizzwidget's TrackMenu.
7. Make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns button is checked.
8. Enter World, and Mazzify. Select the top box labeled "Complete configuration. I want a Mazzlegasm!"
9. If all this works, you should have a fully functional MazzleUI, except for Camera errors, DBM error, Cartographer error and Postal error.

You shouldn't need to rename your WTF folder, but it wouldn't hurt.
Thanks, i did that and its 99% working, i have the character frames just no models inside them. At least i can see that i am aiming at something
11-13-07, 06:00 PM   #93
Orision
A Murloc Raider
Hmm..my friend got his to work, but I've tried repeatedly and it won't work. I keep getting like 6 errors from discord right away when I log in. None of my buffs show up and I don't have any models. I have no idea why it won't work, I followed your instruction gander and checked it twice to make sure. Still no luck. Any thoughts?
11-13-07, 06:03 PM   #94
Zam
A Murloc Raider
Yeah sorry I was having a blond moment. I went back and re-read what you originally posted and realized my mistake.
11-13-07, 06:05 PM   #95
Mzenger
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

All the fixes you guys have listed have worked great! Thanks for all the help

Last edited by Mzenger : 11-13-07 at 06:08 PM.
11-13-07, 06:05 PM   #96
illza
A Defias Bandit
Ok, better fix to the Camera issue

in MazzleUI_Models.lua (/Interface/Addons/MazzleUI/MazzleUI_Models.lua)

replace line 256
Code:
    if (type(modelPath) == "string") then return string.gsub (string.lower(modelPath), "\\", "."); else return false; end
with

Code:
    if (type(modelPath) == "string") then return string.gsub(string.gsub (string.lower(modelPath), "\\", "."), ".m2", ""); else return false; end
Yes it's extremely ugly for those of you who noticed, but that's what happens when people write if statements on one line 8 ).
11-13-07, 06:09 PM   #97
MoogPC
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
all the fixes in this thread should be quoted and put into one post about fixes for MUI post 2.3
11-13-07, 06:10 PM   #98
northsider
An Aku'mai Servant
paryin for a mazz fix

just sayin a quick paryer that meio comes up with a patch for my noob ass again he saved me last patch hope he does it again... wow is no fun w/o mazzle! EOS
11-13-07, 06:13 PM   #99
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You shouldn't need a patch. All the very few changes that were made are very simple to do yourself.
11-13-07, 06:19 PM   #100
Limeyness
A Murloc Raider
I made the changes, and still have a problem, so i hope he does come up with a complete fix/update.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2.3 & Mazzle