11-15-07, 10:44 PM   #1
Talonclaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Pet bar for MC or Chess event

Since 2.3 all my pet bars are empty when I do the chess event or when I use a steam tonk etc. Pre 2.3 they were always just fine. I can use the abilities, its just that the icons don't show on the buttons. Any ideas?
11-15-07, 10:52 PM   #2
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wish I had a SteamTonk to test that right now.... I'll see if I can figure out something anyhow, but that'll be waiting until tomorrow.
11-16-07, 03:20 AM   #3
Mylandroth
A Murloc Raider
I have the same issue, as well as like when you're silenced, the CD timers no longer show up.
11-16-07, 10:17 AM   #4
Danior
An Aku'mai Servant
I posted something along these lines as well. In the chess event my guild mates, who don't use Mazzle, were a bit confused as well. On their interface the actions weren't located on the pet bar, they replaced buttons on their main bars. So attack replaced their attack button or something like that. At the time I was scrambling to figure out what I had messed up, so I can't be to much more informative...sorry...

D-
11-16-07, 10:47 AM   #5
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
I can see this is going to be a headache since reproducing the problem will be next to impossible for me. *sigh*
11-16-07, 10:50 AM   #6
aapkjp1
A Kobold Labourer
Its also a problem on the Teron Gorefiend fight in Black Temple when you are selected for Shadow of Death. Thanks for taking a look into this.
11-16-07, 12:56 PM   #7
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

if you're talking about your main bar dissapearing and your pet bar coming up it' because of 2.3 they had changed it so instead of a pet bar coming up the pet's bar replaced your normal action bar which (supposedly, i hate it personally) is supposed to make it easier.
11-16-07, 02:29 PM   #8
Danior
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by sgtsolidus1
if you're talking about your main bar dissapearing and your pet bar coming up it' because of 2.3 they had changed it so instead of a pet bar coming up the pet's bar replaced your normal action bar which (supposedly, i hate it personally) is supposed to make it easier.
Right, but with the verion of Bongos in MazzleUI, the pet actions don't appear on your main bar. The pet bar pops up, but no icons are shown.
11-16-07, 02:39 PM   #9
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm going to look at Bongos2 and see if they have addressed this issue. If they have, maybe I can borrow their idea on how to implement this properly.
11-17-07, 12:06 PM   #10
socialblunders
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This may have been addressed elsewhere, but is it possible to mod Bongos2 to work with MazzleUI like Bongos does?

It just seems to me with something like action bars, having it work with a more updated bar might take a little work now, but eliminate headaches and a lot more work down the road.

Just after doing some preliminary searching... as far as the mazzle end, I only see three files, MazzleUI_AddOn.lua, MazzleUI_Frames.lua and MazzleUI_Fubar.lua that reference Bongos. Unfortunately, there's not any documentation of the changes made (if any) to the Bongos files themselves.

Last edited by socialblunders : 11-17-07 at 01:37 PM.
11-17-07, 02:15 PM   #11
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by socialblunders
This may have been addressed elsewhere, but is it possible to mod Bongos2 to work with MazzleUI like Bongos does?

It just seems to me with something like action bars, having it work with a more updated bar might take a little work now, but eliminate headaches and a lot more work down the road.

Just after doing some preliminary searching... as far as the mazzle end, I only see three files, MazzleUI_AddOn.lua, MazzleUI_Frames.lua and MazzleUI_Fubar.lua that reference Bongos. Unfortunately, there's not any documentation of the changes made (if any) to the Bongos files themselves.
Answered this mostly in your other post on the other thread... but this problem in this topic may be reason enough to see if it can fix it. Problem is.... does this work with Bongos2 already? Does anyone know if they have updated it to take into account the change in how WoW works with new "pet" bars?
11-17-07, 05:30 PM   #12
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by DeTard
I'm going to look at Bongos2 and see if they have addressed this issue. If they have, maybe I can borrow their idea on how to implement this properly.

If you need to reproduce it, go to SMV just southish of that Broken camp in the middle, you can controll a mechano-scorpion which gives the same bar.
11-17-07, 07:24 PM   #13
socialblunders
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by DeTard
Answered this mostly in your other post on the other thread... but this problem in this topic may be reason enough to see if it can fix it. Problem is.... does this work with Bongos2 already? Does anyone know if they have updated it to take into account the change in how WoW works with new "pet" bars?
With Bongos2 it shows up in the pet bar, at least for tonks. It'll be next week before I can see about it with Karazhan.
11-18-07, 12:11 PM   #14
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I used to have this problem. There is a thread here somewhere that helped me solve it - I think all I had to do was enable Pet Bar in bongos.

After 2.3 the problem recurred - no action buttons in the Chess event. But then they suddenly appeared after a few seconds - in my first four buttons on left side in my Mazzle Simple Druid Layout.

Those are not the buttons I use for attacks (kept on right side top bar), but that is where they appeared and the whole bar had nothing on it but those action buttons.

Also, the old option to use Ctrl 1 to move still worked, so even if you end up flying blind in there you can use the standard pet Ctrl keys.
11-18-07, 02:00 PM   #15
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
Hope a solution can be found for this
Did some testing to try to find a solution
With a steam tonk the buttons come up but are empty, however the spells/actions are there
doing a /console reloadui populates the buttons correctly
summoning a second time then works correctly

Last edited by pokyoky : 11-18-07 at 02:03 PM.
11-19-07, 02:04 AM   #16
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

have all of you updated everything? idk if its with something you changed in mazzify but just following all of the instructions to fresh install and patch for 2.3 ive had no problem.
12-15-07, 04:26 AM   #17
Aggio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've noticed the same problem yesterday (and before 2.3 obviously there wasn't)... the pet action bar of the chess event appears with a moltitude of little squares, but they are all empty... (with my shaman). Pet action bar for my lock's pet regularly apears instead.. (haven't tried with the lock at chess event or similar yet)

I'm using the standard bongos of the mazzle ui (so not bongos 2), and i confess it's quite a nice problem... I've read here that using a console reload ui could solve the problem for the second use... but during a fight you don't have the time to reload the ui..

Are there any news to solve this problem?
12-15-07, 05:55 AM   #18
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Question

I also got the same issue with the [ old ] Bongos.

If there is anny way to solve this i'd be happy to give it a good go

Regards,

Viciusan
12-15-07, 07:33 AM   #19
Dalantia
A Defias Bandit
I attempted the Shartuul event and wasted a darkrune due to this issue, so I'm also watching for fixes here. >_>
12-15-07, 08:07 AM   #20
SJPadbury
A Defias Bandit
Quick and ugly fix:
Prior to Chess, Shartull, or anything else that might need the replacement main action bar:
Hit escape, then addons.
Button in the lower left hand corner for sets, click on it and save your current set of addons.
Then, Hit the Disable all button, followed by the reloadui button.
Welcome back to vanilla wow UI.
Complete your event, use the set functionality to reload your usual list of addons.

Yes, it's *very* ugly, but it's probably better than your Guild Leader yelling at you for just standing there during chess.
It also has the additional benefit of reminding you of how much the default UI stinks, so you appreciate Mazzle all that much more.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pet bar for MC or Chess event