11-19-07, 08:40 PM   #1
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mazzifing

Guys, I've tried to get this UI going now for two days. After reading around this site about how to get this thing going, I've done the following.

From scratch by deleting the interface, fonts, and WTF folders. I've downloaded the new files from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-MazzleUI.html. I have copied them into the WOW directory and I get the Gnome and the ability to pick my options but the process will not complete.
I've also logged on without anything in the interface folder, played with the video settings and then added the files like above. But still nothing.
I'm using a Mac by the way and I did move folders into the addons folders individually taking care not to erase existing addons.

Anyway someone can explain this to me clearly? I really don't want to give up on this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by navas : 11-19-07 at 09:02 PM.
11-19-07, 09:20 PM   #2
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you get JUST MazzleUI 1.11 Core? If so you are missing about 95% of the addons. Get my Addon Pack here. Extract that to your WoW folder as well (err... actually on your Mac extract the folders individually, but apparently you know the drill). Also get the Fix file to make the necessary updates to Mazzle and a couple other things from here. Note that there are individual files you'll have to extract into their proper folders for this to work.
11-19-07, 10:19 PM   #3
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I used all of those, including the BC spells file. I've copied and pasted them basicaly in the appropriate folders. I even wnet with your instructions how to check the file sizes.
The gnome just won't complete the mazzifying spell. I waited up to maybe 5 min, /reloaded UI, even pressed the mazzify button a few times.

There has to be something small I'm missing..
11-20-07, 12:35 AM   #4
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here's what my screen looks like with a bugsack list, if that helps.

11-20-07, 12:40 AM   #5
AlmyghtyGrandpa
A Murloc Raider
Its because u are using wow v2.2.3

Just download THIS and copy it over your addons (and overwrite).
Then u can Mazzify good.
U will get some errors with tinitip after some time but its not too bad.
11-20-07, 11:03 PM   #6
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well I love my Mac, but it certainly kicked my ass this time. Thanks for the help, I got it working.

Even though it was mentioned on the instructions I still managed to not notice that the fricken thing was deleting programs when dragging and dropping folders. I went through and I found one prgram that was being deleted in the mazzifier folder. After individually dragging and droping all individual programs in their respective folders, I finnaly got my Mazzelgasm.
11-22-07, 07:17 AM   #7
Pharadoxical
A Defias Bandit
I may be having a problem similar to the one above. My UI looks almost exactly like the screenshot above after I've tried to mazzify but the fix didn't change anything for me, and I'm getting this error in bugsack:

[2007/11/22 08:08:30-3-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342: Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'

---

Help anyone? Thanks a lot, ahead of time.
12-14-07, 02:56 PM   #8
dragonaut
A Defias Bandit
I have the exact same problem as Pharadoxical, same bug report. Along with 9 bugs from other addons, bet they are probably not important. I do all the questions, press the button, and then my UI looks exaclty like the screen posted above. On a side note, the UI is not the one i selected, i get the same one as in the screenshot, but i selected night elf, even selecting other skins does not change the UI. Does anyone know what the problem is? I've already done this but i even got more bugs (209) after doing that. When i reload my UI, it resets to how it was before the mazzify.

Last edited by dragonaut : 12-14-07 at 03:28 PM.
12-14-07, 06:40 PM   #9
dragonaut
A Defias Bandit
Ok, after quite some trying i got it to work. At first i was very happy, i noticed a couple o weird things, but didn't think much of them. I wanted to kill some weak mobs to try out my new interface, that was when i began noticing that something was wrong. I could target a mob, but his 'portrait' wont appear anywhere, nor the 3d model. I cant whisper anyone, inspect or any of those thing (not using the chat), also, there is no menu when i right click my own portrait. That was weird. But what's more, my healt and mana bars in the top left corner wont change according to what i do. They stay full, they don't change when i cast spells or take damage. The HUD stats dó change, but that thing diappears as soon as battle is over (i know there's an option to always keep it on, but that's not practical). I never know how much health/mana i have.

So there's a problem somewhere when loading the UI i think. It skips certain things. Bugsack says there are five bugs in the 'discordunitframe' folder.
I've already tried mazzified again with the look 'n feel option, but that didn't change anything.

here's a screenshot of my UI at the moment.
12-15-07, 09:58 AM   #10
dragonaut
A Defias Bandit
Ok, i've worked out everything. It's working perfectly. But man, this thing is a beast to customize, is there some kind of list that tells me what addons does what? For example, i think the buff icons on the left side, and the text under them, are too small. But i cant find anything to make them bigger. Or changing the colour of the health and mana bars. I was also wondering wich addon takes care of the cooldown bars in the screen, a lot of the time, there are a few on top of eachother, so i want to know how to move them.

Last edited by dragonaut : 12-15-07 at 10:32 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzifing