11-20-07, 11:05 AM   #1
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Slightly Different DUF problem

I am having a slightly different problem with DUF... I have everthing working correctly and rechecked my steps a million times.... Was having the $ut problem, but did the in-game fixes changing the "Looking at $ut" to "Looking at $tn"... ect... now when i target an enemy and the hud appears it says I am targeting a team member or if I am solo it says I am targeting my pet, even though I am attacking an enemy... any ideas?

Thanks,

-Star
11-20-07, 11:14 AM   #2
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can you tell me what aspect ratio you are running? I may have b0rked the DUF configs for Mazzifier for the one you are using.
11-20-07, 11:24 AM   #3
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by DeTard
Can you tell me what aspect ratio you are running? I may have b0rked the DUF configs for Mazzifier for the one you are using.
The aspect ratio I choose through the MazzleUI Launcher, or the screen resolution I choose through the WoW Video Settings?

-Star
11-20-07, 11:27 AM   #4
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Either.... both will tell me which file to look at.

Edit: lol.... so long as you are selecting the correct aspect ratio for your current resolution that is.
11-20-07, 12:06 PM   #5
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by DeTard

Ok, I am running WoW on 2 different computers and having the same identical problem. I am at work right now, so I can only check the computer I am on, wich is an Intel Macbook Pro. I am using a screen resolution of 1024x768 and the MazzleUI setting of 1.33

At home I am using an Alienware PC, and the MazzleUI setting is definitly 1.33, but I don't remember what the screen resolution is...

In past versions of Mazzle I was haing problems if I choose a wide screen setup on my MAC and the standard 1.33 on my PC (I don't have a wide screen monitor). For some reason if the 2 computers didn't have the same aspect ratio set up the buttons would shift on one after I loaded up WoW on the other. Mazzlefizz said to keep both computers set up to the same aspect ratio... I am, and it solved that particular problem, but I don't understand what one has to do w/ the other. Aren't the setting stored in the WTF folder? Why would selecting widscreen ration on my MAC, screw up the buttons on my 1.33 aspect PC? - This is just a curiosity question at this point.

LOL, so long story short I believe both are set up identically except for the WoW Video setting screen resolution... I am having the identical problem on both machines w/ the DUF target name.

Thanks again, sorry if this was long winded!

-Star
11-20-07, 07:03 PM   #6
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
My PC Settings are:

Screen resoultion - 2048x1536
MazzleUI Aspect - 1.33

any ideas yet?

-Star
11-22-07, 02:45 PM   #7
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Holiday Bump

Happy Thanksgiving!
11-22-07, 05:39 PM   #8
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

if your computer is that aspect ration then you're running widescreen so make sure you choose the widescreen setting in WoW and when you mazzify so 1.33 is wrong.
11-23-07, 02:08 AM   #9
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
my aspect ratios are correct... i have double checked them
11-23-07, 04:12 PM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by sgtsolidus1
if your computer is that aspect ration then you're running widescreen so make sure you choose the widescreen setting in WoW and when you mazzify so 1.33 is wrong.
He wasn't suggesting she set it up wrong. He just wanted to know which DUF layout file to look at.
11-26-07, 09:53 AM   #11
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
*bumpage*

I have had this problem return - especially noticed when I'm tanking and want to see who my target mob is targeting.

I had made the suggested edits to DUF, and when I went back in to check them, they seemed to be correct with the new edits...

I'm 1280x1024 and ratio 1:45 I think.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Slightly Different DUF problem