04-03-08, 11:30 PM   #1
Xerik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation Working mazzle? Post it here

What I am looking for is a post or posts of how people got their mazzle working properly. If your kind enough to upload the entire set to wowinterface im sure a lot of people would be VERY grateful. Cause I personally dont want to try every single option i read and come up with a failure then be like "what did i do agian?" A single pack would be the best imo instead of 3 or 4 downloads. Sorry this seems like a lot. If I could do it I would. If I knew programing id be in there helping as well. But until then any help is kindly appreciated.

Xerik
04-04-08, 12:47 AM   #2
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You will probably find there are rules about uploading stuff to WoWInterface, not to mention trading on Mazzle's toes. Check first, folks!
04-04-08, 12:59 AM   #3
Xerik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Could have sworn on mazzle core 1.11 or whatever it says that mazzle stopped woking on it... unless its changed. Now why sould it be that people have o read 23 pages and try every single thing and it not work and half the time not even understand what is said... as said this is a well loved add on... and yea give credit where credit is due.
04-04-08, 05:30 AM   #4
ketran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i only needed to change 3 things to get mine working fine, all mentioned in the patch thread

1) change the cvarunitnameplayer in the mazzle.lua as intructed
2) comment out the witchunt line in preloader
3) readd the antagonist and chrometer layouts

i'm pretty certain that is the only things i have manually changed, everything else has been automatically fixed by running WAU everyday

i also had to manually download the new updated lighthead as that isn't in wau
04-04-08, 09:18 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Xerik View Post
Could have sworn on mazzle core 1.11 or whatever it says that mazzle stopped woking on it... unless its changed. Now why sould it be that people have o read 23 pages and try every single thing and it not work and half the time not even understand what is said... as said this is a well loved add on... and yea give credit where credit is due.
But redistributing Mazzle's work is against the copyright license included in each one of the MazzleUI files. Whether he continues development or not, the license states that no one may redistribute it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-04-08, 09:27 AM   #6
Casmiar
A Fallenroot Satyr

I do not want to offend anyone. But if you are to impatient to wait for the patch fix to come out or cannot understand how to do the simple manual updates, or too lazy to read the bugs and fix thread. I think you need to look at getting another UI. This UI will be in continuous rewrite with every big patch. You need some form of understanding of how it works if you cannot wait for patch fix. The people that are working on the patch fix are working as fast as the can. I’m sure they have lives of their own.

Cas
04-04-08, 12:09 PM   #7
YiZZo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
On an added note, Aethenelle always edits his first post with all the bug fixes/problems he finds. Apparently Aethenelle reads all the posts and makes sure to post his findings on the first page post for everyone to read. With that, all I gotta say is to be patient and wait for Aethenelle to release his update pack.

Last edited by YiZZo : 04-04-08 at 12:14 PM.
04-04-08, 01:44 PM   #8
Krilit
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by YiZZo View Post
With that, all I gotta say is to be patient and wait for Aethenelle to release his update pack.
Hope it will be soon =)
04-07-08, 02:50 PM   #9
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
If you want it running before I release that patch/fix/workaround file, take a look at he 2.4 bugfix thread. The OP has instructions for implementing known and vetted fixes and workarounds. Other issues may be in the rest of the thread in a potentially solved state.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Working mazzle? Post it here