07-17-08, 06:29 PM   #1
Murderx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
white box when typing

I'm getting this funky white box that takes up my chat box when I'm typing. If anybody has any idea why or whats doing it please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_071708_172612.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	388.8 KB
ID:	1785  
07-17-08, 11:23 PM   #2
LightGuard
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Murderx View Post
I'm getting this funky white box that takes up my chat box when I'm typing. If anybody has any idea why or whats doing it please let me know.
What OS are you on and what did you do before you saw the white box?

For me, I've seen this on most of the Mazzle skins (to some degree or another) when I switch from full screen mode to window mode on my MacBook Pro (Don't remember seeing it from Windows, but you may see it if you ALT+TAB out of WoW then come back). A simple /rui will fix it.

As near as I can figure out it has something to do with the way the gradients were created or stored.
07-18-08, 08:02 AM   #3
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
What it looks like to me is your chat addon (assuming you use one) is missing a texture, or if it uses the default texture, it's become corrupted.

I'd first try reinstalling the chat addon you use (again assuming you use one) and then running a WoW Repair (to just double-check the files are fine).
07-19-08, 02:27 AM   #4
Geoblack
A Defias Bandit
I have done mazzifiyng again and it helped only upgrade mode

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » white box when typing