07-19-08, 08:54 AM   #1
frigga
A Murloc Raider
Is it safe???

Hello guys!!!

I have seen already that i cant update bongos and it is on ignore already... but what about baggins, tinytip and itemrack???

Itemrack the last time i tried to update i couldnt put it in vertical mode so i got the previous version i had...

baggins and tinytip i had a problem when i tried to update sometime ago then i didnt update it anymore (except for the update with the new pack)

are they safe to update???

and what about fishing buddy? does anyone use it? the easy cast was broken in some versions and im not sure it is fixed...

thanks in advance
07-19-08, 11:02 AM   #2
LightGuard
A Cyclonian
That may all depend on a couple of things:
  • Are you okay with editing LUA code if needed?
  • How often do you plan on re-mazzifying?
  • Are you okay with updates possibly breaking things in mazzle?

I didn't have any problems with Baggins a while ago, and haven't looked back.

Item rack update is okay, you'll (probably) need the new FuBar addon, and the vertical bar on the right isn't there in the addon anymore, so clicking that hotspot will throw and error.

TinyTip has completely changed, you'll need at least tinytip and tinytipOptions now (and possibly others) to get the same functionality. Personally I switched over to CowTip.

Of course I don't worry about remazzifying all that often. If I do, I make sure that I turn off the configuration for those addons which I have updated and know break the mazzification process. A lot of the addons I have custom configured now anyway, so a remazzification completely hoses my UI for about an hour while I go back and reconfig things. Of course I don't recommend this for everyone.

For some of the addons they update and work quite well without breaking anything, others do not. YMMV. The only "safe" thing is to wait for DocEvil or whomever to update an addon pack.
07-19-08, 11:42 PM   #3
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
Don't update tinytip, you'll only get the latest version with a completely screwed up, nonworking options menu, which means it won't mazzify properly.

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
TinyTip

Latest working TinyTip Options

Latest Working TinyTip Extras
Delete all your tinytip entries just in case then put these ones in your addons folder and ignore it in WAU.

Last edited by Elaana : 07-20-08 at 11:19 PM.
07-20-08, 12:04 PM   #4
frigga
A Murloc Raider
thanks!!!

They have been on ignore for a long time now just wanted to be sure i wouldnt be missing anything for not updating

Last time i tried to update tinytip it was messy hehehe

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Is it safe???