01-10-06, 04:27 PM   #1
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Needy
I realized that the event script i made didnt work because somehow I couldnt find the right trigger.
I tried
SPELL_UPDATE_USABLE
ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_USABLE
ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN

for some reason they dont fire when my cooldown ends, I tested it wit spell 47 which is my stealth, which should change to the set when my 10s cooldown of stealth ends. (I stealth and unstealth, which brings 10s CD on the spell, then waited it out the 10s, nothing happened.)

I also tried delay set to 0.5 and 0 and 1 s
I've researched this a bit more and I can't find an event that triggers when a spell comes off cooldown. Maybe someone else knows. This sounds like something you'll need a timer mod for. To have something run 10 seconds after you use a vanish macro.
01-21-06, 08:31 AM   #2
JIM the Inventor
A Cyclonian

Verified

Originally Posted by Gello
I've researched this a bit more and I can't find an event that triggers when a spell comes off cooldown. Maybe someone else knows. This sounds like something you'll need a timer mod for. To have something run 10 seconds after you use a vanish macro.
Having just completed a mod that cares about this stuff, I can verify Gello's findings: There is no "event", as such, that occurs when cooldowns finish.

In Blizzard's own Cooldown.lua, there's this function that you can override:

CooldownFrame_OnAnimFinished

... however, this function is only called for ActionButtons that are in the visible action bar(s? May just be the primary one), and if you use it, you'll need to translate the button frame object into the action it represents, etc..

So perhaps not a great option, but it exists.
01-24-06, 01:37 PM   #3
Garalor
A Kobold Labourer
hi,
i love this mod, and the ideas of events.

is there a way for an event, that switches your set(in this situation staff and wand) if i get an innervate with my priest? or / and if my darkmooncard: Blue dragon procs? i want to switch to spirit wappons when i get an innervate.

i'm totaly a noob in scripting. can someone help me?

thx and greetings
Garalor
02-02-06, 03:59 PM   #4
ziekke
A Defias Bandit
Just wondering... is there any way I can create an event that swaps out weapons/armor depending on the TYPE of target I have acquired? Like... Undead, Humanoid, Beast.. etc.?
If I could get an example that would be great
Thanks!
05-24-06, 05:54 AM   #5
healerdruid
A Kobold Labourer
innervate/blue dragon event item switching

Hi i have a druid with 3 main weapons for healing, the aurastone hammer/lei of the lifegiver which i use normally, and the will of arlokk as well.

I would like to set up my itemrack 1.96 so that when i gain innervate or blue dragon aura i automatically switch weapon to the will of the arlokk (much higher spirit); and when i lose innervate or the blue dragon aura i want to automatically switch back to the aurastone hammer/lei of the lifegiver.

Problem is I don't know how to write the command for it. If anyone could work out what i gotta write that would be awesome

Many thanks.

EDIT: i'm really new to this events scripting thing so please gimme something easy to copy/paste if possible

Last edited by healerdruid : 05-24-06 at 06:01 AM.
05-24-06, 08:30 AM   #6
Gello
A Molten Giant
Install this mod (you can remove or disable it once you have events set up): http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4726 (ItemRack Buff Event Maker)

Then make a key binding to capture the buffs when blue dragon aura procs. Choose the buff then click Create and it will insert a new event into ItemRack to equip a set while you have that buff.
12-13-06, 07:00 PM   #7
mrplaidbanana
A Kobold Labourer
changing zone event

I need some help creating an event that triggers when i enter AV so it equips my trinket. Can anyone give me the code for that? I looked at the default plaugelands one but it didnt work
12-23-06, 04:10 AM   #8
plebsy
A Murloc Raider
Hi, I'm having a little trouble creating an event for equipping the PvP blue boots for Shamans (+15% to speed on Ghost Wolf). I've tried a range of triggers to try to pick up the form change (and back), but no joy. Would anybody be able to offer a suggestion?

Thanks.
01-16-06, 02:06 PM   #9
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Just hit 53 on my druid and I've been working WP/EP a bit, so I have my trinket (Which works just fine) my problem is when a battleground comes up, I port in with my trinket on.

I'm looking for a way (either using zones, or BATTLEFIELD_STATUS_UDPATE or whatever it is) to switch to my PVP outfit at that point.

Thanks for giving us such flexibility =)
01-16-06, 03:30 PM   #10
Gello
A Molten Giant
Hmm CHAT_MSG_BG_SYSTEM_NEUTRAL may be a good one:

CHAT_MSG_BG_SYSTEM_NEUTRAL

Fired for non faction specific events in the battlegrounds such as the battle start announcement.
You can use IsSetEquipped too:

Name: Battlegrounds
Trigger: CHAT_MSG_BG_SYSTEM_NEUTRAL
Delay: 0
Script: if not IsSetEquipped("pvp") then EquipSet() end

For equipping pvp gear when you enter BG and un-equipping when you leave, probably ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA would be better. I vaguely recall this gave a generic result for instances but I'll check it out.

And it just occured to me that IsSetEquipped() should be allowed to use the associated set. It doesn't yet woops!
04-05-06, 10:19 AM   #11
Aeneas-KuM
A Kobold Labourer
Trinket Priority Queue

In ITEMUSED and NOTIFY I have the same script. It rotates the trinkets upon priority and if the CD is over.
Code:
local trinketslot, _ = GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket1Slot");
local trinkets = {
   "Großmeister der Arena",
   "Insignien der Allianz",
   "Mal der Resolution",
   "Talisman von Arathor",
   "Barov-Arbeiterrufer",
   "Rune der Perfektion"
};

for _, t in ipairs(trinkets) do
   local inv,bag,slot = Rack.FindItem(nil, t);
   local s, d, e;
   local ignore=false;

if inv == trinketslot then
      s, d, e = GetInventoryItemCooldown("player", inv);
   elseif bag and slot then
      s, d, e = GetContainerItemCooldown(bag,slot);
   else
      ignore=true;
   end

if ( not ignore and (s + d <= 30 )) then
      if not inv and bag and slot then
	 if UnitAffectingCombat("player") or Rack.IsPlayerReallyDead() then
	    local _,itemID = Rack.GetItemInfo(bag, slot)
	    Rack.AddToCombatQueue(trinketslot ,itemID)
	 else
	    PickupContainerItem(bag,slot);
	    PickupInventoryItem(trinketslot);
	 end;
      end;
      break;
   end;
end;

Last edited by Aeneas-KuM : 04-05-06 at 10:30 AM.
04-11-06, 06:18 PM   #12
Allanth
A Kobold Labourer
Gello, I was looking at your EVENT for switching gear when the target has the GOUGE debuff and I followed everything you have written down. However, it does not seem to work. Currently i am using itemrack ver 1.94 and when I attempt to use the event i recieve string errors . Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Working version below from Gello!
name: Gouge
event: UNIT_AURA
delay: 0
script:
local f
for i=1,16 do
if UnitDebuff("target",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Gouge" then f,i = 1,17 end
end
if f and not IR_GOUGED then
EquipSet() IR_GOUGED=1
elseif not f and IR_GOUGED then
LoadSet() IR_GOUGED=nil
end
Thanks again gello!

Last edited by Allanth : 04-12-06 at 09:17 PM.
05-04-06, 04:38 AM   #13
tlai
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aeneas-KuM
In ITEMUSED and NOTIFY I have the same script. It rotates the trinkets upon priority and if the CD is over.
Code:
local trinkets = {
   "Großmeister der Arena",
   "Insignien der Allianz",
   "Mal der Resolution",
   "Talisman von Arathor",
   "Barov-Arbeiterrufer",
   "Rune der Perfektion"
};

local s, d, e;
   local ignore=false;

elseif bag and slot then
   else
      ignore=true;
   end

else
	 end;
      end;
      break;
   end;
end;
This is in another language right? How would i use this (you saying ITEMUSED and NOTIFY in the same script). Can you give more details please?

When you go down
"Großmeister der Arena",
"Insignien der Allianz",
"Mal der Resolution",
"Talisman von Arathor",
"Barov-Arbeiterrufer",
"Rune der Perfektion"
if the trinket to the first one is back up and its on the 2nd change does it swap back the the first instead of the 3rd one?

If this event doesnt work then i can try another that my guildy is using but i cant get the work for some reason

ITEMRACK_NOTIFY
Delay: 0
if arg1=="Earthstrike" then EquipSet() end

Event 2: This swaps in ES when it's CD is at 30 seconds, ensuring it's ready to use as soon as trinket soon CD is over.

ITEMRACK_ITEMUSED
Delay: 20 seconds

if string.find( GetInventoryItemLink( "player",14 ) or "","Earthstrike") and GetInventoryItemCooldown( "player",14 )>0 and not IsInventoryItemLocked(14) then
EquipSet()
end

So what would be the best way of swapping the trinkets say ZHM, ES, BhB and maelstome so i'll get the best use of the timed trinkets

Thanks
05-17-06, 04:13 AM   #14
azzlack
A Murloc Raider

Could you make a similar event like Plaguelands for Fire and Nature Resistance dungeons in the next version?
05-18-06, 04:05 AM   #15
diskape
A Kobold Labourer
WTB help with creating an event =)

Is there a way to automatically cast Aspect of the Wild when i change my gear to Nature Resist set? I tried using events but im kinda noobish if it comes to lua =(

TIA
05-18-06, 05:48 AM   #16
Gello
A Molten Giant
re trinket queue: I can't say for sure now. Hopefully I'll have a way to make trinket queues easier to set up fairly soon.

re events: I probably won't be adding new default events until 2.0. You can copy the plaguelands one and use it as a guide to making FR and NR events.

re aspect of wild: There is no way to cast a spell in reaction to events. You can make it equip nature resist gear when you cast aspect of the wild (grab [url=http://gello.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4726]this side mod[/ulr] to make it), but not the other way around.
10-03-06, 08:27 PM   #17
Vakgraun
A Kobold Labourer
I need more help with this script, im big NOOB with scripting, and i dont knwo wich trigger i should use and I suppose that "Rune der Perfektion" is in German or something like that, i need to translate those?

thxs in advance for your time

Originally Posted by Aeneas-KuM
Code:
local trinkets = {
   "Großmeister der Arena",
   "Insignien der Allianz",
   "Mal der Resolution",
   "Talisman von Arathor",
   "Barov-Arbeiterrufer",
   "Rune der Perfektion"
};

local s, d, e;
   local ignore=false;

elseif bag and slot then
   else
      ignore=true;
   end

else
	 end;
      end;
      break;
   end;
end;
10-09-06, 03:31 PM   #18
joeshmo416
A Kobold Labourer
Innervate/blued dragon part2

ok, thanks to the event maker mod i got to make my itemrack work on both events with the aura triggers. However i wish to use a mana check trigger along with the aura one, is this possible? like i will only equip the items if and only if player's mana < .95 (percent) is this possible??
04-24-06, 06:11 AM   #19
Lilithshade
A Kobold Labourer
Cool Trinket Swap

Hey first I wanted to thank you for this amazing addon!

I've been trying to figure out how to switch between 2 trinkets. One of them is the "Royal Seal of Eldre'thalas" and the other is "Devilsaur Eye". What I'm looking for is to have devilsaur eye equiped whenever it is ready to be used and when I use the trinket, it switches back to royal seal once the buff wears off. Also when the devilsaur's cooldown is finished, for it to re-equip that trinket so i can repeat the process. I read that previous reply on trinket rotating but all of those trinkets have cooldowns, while this one includes one that doesnt.

Any suggestions or help?

I checked the WowWiki Event stuff and saw the GetInventoryItemCooldown() but dont know how to use it to auto-equip the trinket once it's cooldown clears.

Currently when I use devilsaur eye with the ITEM_USED, it will immediately equip the other trinket without allowing the buff to even activate. The delay didn't seem to take effect.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP!
04-30-06, 07:11 PM   #20
sykick
A Kobold Labourer
Trinket Swapper

Hi All

id have to say Itemrack is one of the best mods out there thanx!

now i want a script similar to wot someone posted earlier except im no script pro so i found it hard to understand.

with item rack there is already a event script that changes out insignia of the alliance when it has finished cool down, which is great!

im wondering if there is a simple way to apply this to other trinkets as well?

examples being Venomous totem, Gnomish death ray etc.

THANX in advance for any help

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » ItemRack - Events