01-20-09, 08:34 PM   #441
marketfresh
A Murloc Raider
yeah, all my bars on all my toons dont exist and i cant create any either. ill paste my error that im getting on load if that will help. heres hoping for a quick fix cuz im kinda freakin out right now.
---------------------------
Date: 2009-01-20 20:31:32
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: CreateFrame(): Couldn't find inherited node "SecureHandlerShowHideTemplate"
Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[C]: ?
[C]: CreateFrame()
Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:1061:
Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:1059
Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:1305:
Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:1287
Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:1428: CreateBar()
MacaroonCB\MacaroonCB.lua:995: CBLoadSavedData()
MacaroonCB\MacaroonCB.lua:1384:
MacaroonCB\MacaroonCB.lua:1366
AddOns:
Swatter, v3.1.9 (<%codename%>)
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.130
BottomBar, vr81020
Configator, v5.1.DEV.160
DBMCore, v
eCastingBar, v
Gatherer, v3.1.9
GathererDBWowhead, v1.0.2008-12-05
Macaroon, v30000.28 (release candidate)
MacaroonBound, v30000.11
MacaroonCB, v30000.11
MacaroonLoot, v30000.11
MacaroonXP, v30000.11
MacaroonXtras, v30000.11
Omen, v3.0
PerfectRaid, v183
PhanxChat, v3.0.2.21
QuestHelper, v0.67
rantTooltip, v
RatingBuster, v
Recount, v
RicoMiniMap, v
sct, v6.2
sctd, v3.1
SellFish, v2.1.1
SimpleBuffBars, v$Revision: 765 $
SlideBar, v3.1.9 (<%codename%>)
StatusWindow, v2.01
XPerl, v3.0.2a
XPerlArcaneBar, v
XPerlParty, v
XPerlPartyPet, v
XPerlPlayer, v
XPerlPlayerBuffs, v
XPerlPlayerPet, v
XPerlRaidAdmin, v
XPerlRaidFrames, v
XPerlRaidHelper, v
XPerlRaidPets, v
XPerlTarget, v
XPerlTargetTarget, v
(ck=37e)

01-20-09, 09:25 PM   #442
skeller
A Murloc Raider
I had the same problem with losing all my bars. I think this post has the fix: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...uild3.0.8.html

The key is that if you log in with an older version of Macaroon you lose all your data. Updating to the newer Macaroon won't restore that. Hopefully you back up your AddOns and WTF directory -- what I did was this:

1. Exit WoW.
2. Restored my AddOns and WTF directory from this weekend (I think probably you just need the WTF, but I'm not sure). This was Macaroon 30000.rc.28.1.
3. Installed the patch from that link above, which is just a modified Macaroon_Bars.lua file.
4. Started WoW up.

I imagine that just using today's version of Macaroon (.30) is also probably fine, but if you've logged into WoW with a broken version you've lost all your bars.

I back up my AddOns and WTF directories anytime I mess with my UI very much, just so I can restore if something goes hideously wrong.

01-20-09, 09:25 PM   #443
tyrannix
A Defias Bandit
from my guild:
please fix this Maul.

i wont play until i can get my macro bars back

same deal, all bars gone, new version clean install, only mod installed etc, same thing backpack icon bottom right (didnt notice anything different on mine, thats where it always is, but no other bags)

01-21-09, 12:17 AM   #444
Keeneye
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by tyrannix View Post
same deal, all bars gone, new version clean install, only mod installed etc, same thing backpack icon bottom right (didnt notice anything different on mine, thats where it always is, but no other bags)
Exact same situation here.

01-21-09, 06:16 AM   #445
Franjasan
A Kobold Labourer
I logged before apply the patch, lossing all my bars and macros

any solution?

01-21-09, 07:42 AM   #446
markabey
A Defias Bandit
I had the same problem, but aplied the patch then loaded my saved profile and its all fine

01-21-09, 02:10 PM   #447
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lost all my settings too (second time since Macaroon was not able to import my Trinity settings).

Recreating everything will cost me hours - which is very disappointing and annoying.

I'm sorry for that, but I'll use some other barmod in the future.

Nevertheless thanks for all the work to Maul.

Last edited by Duugu : 01-21-09 at 02:15 PM.

01-21-09, 03:04 PM   #448
Shamoos
A Murloc Raider
Ever since I first installed this Mod, I totally fell in love with it. I'd really love to get it back. I followed the instructions I've seen posted .. since I logged in before downloading the update, I've given up hope I'll get my old bars back .. I'm willing to recreate them .. but having downloaded the new version (yes, I even got rid of the old version first before downloading the new new copy), I can't create a new bar, I can't do anything. I left click the Macaroon button, and nothing happens. If I right click it, I get the option to create a bar .. but when I do it, nothing happens.

I'm really at a loss. I first tried the patch, that didn't work. So I took it all out and just put a clean copy in .. that's not working either.

I'm willing to start over with my Macaroon, but can't even get that to work. Does anyone have any ideas here?

01-21-09, 03:15 PM   #449
crunk
A Kobold Labourer
bummer.

Guess I will just have to make sure I install updates on all my mods b4 I log in next patch, sucks that my whole day is wasted now on recreating UI again.

01-21-09, 03:21 PM   #450
Shamoos
A Murloc Raider
Be glad you can at last recreate it. I can't get this to work at all.

01-21-09, 03:25 PM   #451
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I spent a couple hours on my GUI between my rig, and a couple friends/testers.

If you have (or can get ahold of) a saved profile, then you can load that after patching Macaroon, and it should work fine. If you don't have a saved profile is when the problem really shows, as you are unable to create anything and are dead in the water.

I'm not 100% sure if my old WTF settings will work being loaded, but worth a shot. Ask a friend, or if needed, PM me and I can send my profile.

Backup your stuff before patches/major changes. Save a profile for addons that support it and might need it. Can't ever hurt to have backups.

01-21-09, 07:59 PM   #452
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm so f'n tired of Blizzard and their having to constantly screw up the UI's every single patch. I mean, I understand minor tweaking and such, but every single time they bloody do anything it's a total wreck on the addon community. I'm almost about to just stop using all addons except for Omen3 and DBM, because at least then I only have 2 to worry about and just write macros for everything else. Screw all the constant losing of bars and other features people take a lot of hard work and time to create only to get axed by Blizzard.

I love Macaroon, but I can't handle waiting to play for a full week before everyone catches up to Blizzard only to have it happen shortly after yet again. Maul has done a fantastic job though and I've really come to appreciate and admire all of the work he's put into it. Perhaps BLIZZARD should hire him to develop their UI, because they obviously suck at it! Hope you're still around Maul, haven't seen a post from you in months it seems. But I do appreciate your work, just wish Blizzard wouldn't screw things up so much.

Sorry everyone, as you can tell, I'm just a -little- disgruntled. Hope everyone is doing better than myself though with all of this.

01-21-09, 08:40 PM   #453
RogueDawg
A Murloc Raider
Did Maul quit?

01-21-09, 08:42 PM   #454
tyrannix
A Defias Bandit
i reread all the comments

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...uild3.0.8.html

1. deleted old mod (not settings in WTF directory, just mod files in the interface directory)

2. applied patch (just added .old to the file then extracted the new file into the macaroon directory)

3. ingame loaded an old profile

4. ????

5. profit

works exactly as described, i have my bars back

01-21-09, 10:01 PM   #455
Shamoos
A Murloc Raider
Can someone post a working profile? When this all started, I did what everyone normally tells you to do. Delete your WTF and Interface, and start over. Because of this, I no longer have my old WTF file. I'm willing to start over and recreate all my bars .. I just need some way of getting it to work again. I installed a clean copy of Macaroon, and it still isn't working. From what I've read in posts, you HAVE to have a profile backup in order to make it work now.

So I'm begging, if someone can post some kind of profile they know works, and maybe walk me through installing it? I'm fairly new to this mod, so I have really no idea what I'm doing. If it's just the WTF file, and you do the whole Profile thing in game, I think I can handle that.

Thank you

01-21-09, 11:14 PM   #456
Shamoos
A Murloc Raider
Request Withdrawn. I found a few month old copy of a WTF on a DVD I burned with some backup files a couple months ago. I don't remember burning my WTF, but apparently I had a stroke of brilliance and did. So after using that, and following the given instructions .. I was able to get it up and running finally.

Thank you all for the directions you posted .. following them with my old WTF worked just fine. Thanks

01-22-09, 04:22 AM   #457
RogueDawg
A Murloc Raider
Well I need an old saved profile

01-22-09, 10:49 AM   #458
l.s
A Kobold Labourer
Here is one inside:
http://wp1032006.wp053.webpack.hoste...dVariables.zip

Regards, Lars

01-23-09, 05:05 AM   #459
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

When do we get a verbose explaination of each of the menus and what the options do?

Some of them seem kinda cryptic.

'buff debuff timers'?
'Button lock'?

01-23-09, 09:38 AM   #460
AliasWit
A Murloc Raider
Query:

What can Macaroon do that Bartender cannot?

Does Bartender have paged stance bars, pet bars and possession bars?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!