02-09-07, 10:44 PM   #61
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TDurden
Well in my particular case, neither. As I stated, I don't use packages, I roll my own.

I understand. Has Mazzle considered making MazzleUI a community project, similar to say, Auctioneer or Cosmos? In that case, the 3D model and other aspects of MazzleUI could be pulled and an designed as standalone mods. As it stands now, MazzleUI is already a massive undertaking for one person to handle. If it were opened up for others to contribute their knowledge it might smooth over the process.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, I didn't take the time to read through the hundreds of posts here and the WoW forums to find it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
There's another thread where I talk about a stand-alone model add-on. I wouldn't really phrase it how Tigerheart did.

As for the collaborative thing, I think that always sounds great, but is very hard to pull off in a hobby environment. Managing and coordinating multiple developers is a challenge even when there are useful motivating factors like paychecks and 16 hour days dedicated to a project. It may work sometimes in a hobby world when everybody is passionate about the exact same thing (for e.g. that bg1942 starwars mod) or when there are different portions that can all be independently developed with little to no repurcussions. Neither of those situations exist here.

The only person who's done any coding on this other than me is Tigerheart, and even that was only for a very short stint: 2 or 3 weeks when he was on christmas break and our guild stopped raiding. Even getting people to do something like testing feels like pulling teeth sometimes. That's why I had so much turnover. People would usually have an excited stint for a couple days, get complacent and then completely stop posting. I'd say 75% of the fixes you see in most changelogs are things that were never reported and I noticed on my own.

Anyway, it would be nice if the same thing could be developed in an easier way with other people, but I just don't see it realistically happening.

p.s. I don't mean to disparage the testers. The bottom line is they were volunteers, my expectations are often too high, and even with all of that, some of them were indeed consistently on the ball. Also, I think they've really found their calling here in the forums. They are all really becoming active. I've even invited back some old testers back into the group now because of it.

02-10-07, 03:06 AM   #62
jamesy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi Maz, great mod just a couple of suggestions.
I'm a modaholic and have been pimping my UI since the dawn of time, I believe that you use the best mod's out there apart from 1.
Questfu
I find it better than monkey quest, not by much but enough for you to take a look at.
It does everything that MQ does but the best thing about it is includes the co-ords of the quest giver and the quest tracker is also better which gives it the edge over MQ.

I am also just getting used to Cartographer after using Metamap for ages and the jurys still out. I'll have a better opinion on it after a week or so. One thing i miss about Metamap is WoWKB which is a mouse over npc recorder of the co-ords which then is compiled into a data base which is searchable and allows you to set map notes, watpoints and party waypoints it's makes leveling so much quicker.

Do you know if there is a simular database that I can import into Cartographer?

All the other Mods are great but I have trouble understanding why, in Bongos, you used 11 bars for so few buttons?

I'm a very fussy UI user and this interface is pretty much perfect you deserve ALOT of credit.
Thankyou and keep up the great work!!

02-10-07, 05:05 AM   #63
Kelvie
A Murloc Raider
Rightwing

Heya Mazzle, Love the update UI.

One of the most valuable addons i use (and i cant live without) is RightWing.

Its just a simple right click selfcast modifier.

Want PW:S or Heal yourself? just right click on spell
Want to int buff yourself? Just right click

Saves alot of time when you need it most.

Heres the addy for it Right Wing

Kelv

02-10-07, 07:03 AM   #64
BigMichi1
A Murloc Raider

the only thing i miss when i play my warlock is when speaking to the deamon trainer, that all known spells by my deamons are marked like Grimoire Keeper it does. perhaps you can add it, its only a very small addon

02-10-07, 01:53 PM   #65
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jamesy
Hi Maz, great mod just a couple of suggestions.
I'm a modaholic and have been pimping my UI since the dawn of time, I believe that you use the best mod's out there apart from 1.
Questfu
I find it better than monkey quest, not by much but enough for you to take a look at.
It does everything that MQ does but the best thing about it is includes the co-ords of the quest giver and the quest tracker is also better which gives it the edge over MQ.
Yes, several people have suggested that now. From the add-on description, I don't quite get the allure, but I'll check it out.

I am also just getting used to Cartographer after using Metamap for ages and the jurys still out. I'll have a better opinion on it after a week or so. One thing i miss about Metamap is WoWKB which is a mouse over npc recorder of the co-ords which then is compiled into a data base which is searchable and allows you to set map notes, watpoints and party waypoints it's makes leveling so much quicker.

Do you know if there is a simular database that I can import into Cartographer?
I'm not sure about the searchable database, but it does have all that other stuff with waypoints and tracking quest givers. I have seen an import addon as well, though I've never tried it.

All the other Mods are great but I have trouble understanding why, in Bongos, you used 11 bars for so few buttons?
Well, you'd have to specify a layout for me to make sense of that question. Anyway, all of the layouts were designed in DAB and I translated them into a general format that I use to configure Bongos. DAB's floaters would get translated into its own bar. Some layouts have bars organized functionality, so there can indeed be some short or even empty bars if you are lower level.

02-10-07, 02:01 PM   #66
DrkAngl
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Thernen
I would like to request that Monkey Quest is replaced. I like EQL3 but that is me.

Also I would like to see Auctioneer added and QuestAnnoncer.

Thernen
I to would like to see auctioneer added to Mazzle, never heard of questannouncer, also! i love Monkey Quest, never seen EQL3.. Whats it like?

02-10-07, 04:46 PM   #67
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I would love it if there was a button on the fu bar at the top that had performed /console reloadui when pressed (after a confirmation box, of course) . I'm unaware if there is a addon out there that will already do that, but i'm sure i could make one that you could use.

This button would be handy when changing mazzle ui settings and pressing the "No, i will reload later" button, or when assorted display bugs pop up.

02-11-07, 03:21 AM   #68
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by coniferous
I would love it if there was a button on the fu bar at the top that had performed /console reloadui when pressed (after a confirmation box, of course) . I'm unaware if there is a addon out there that will already do that, but i'm sure i could make one that you could use.

This button would be handy when changing mazzle ui settings and pressing the "No, i will reload later" button, or when assorted display bugs pop up.

Yeah, I can add that to the MazzleUI menu easily enough in the next version.

02-11-07, 06:35 AM   #69
Zalyn
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Mazzle, I love the UI. I have one small suggestion however - changing the default position of XLoot would be nice, especially for first time users. If you happen to die in a group and someone loots a mob while you are dead, the release spirit frame covers up the roll window making it impossible to roll on items(until you are rezzed). It might just be on my resolution, which is 1280x1024. Anyway, keep up the good work!

02-11-07, 08:23 AM   #70
Sylencer
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up My 2 cents

Been tracking this UI for awhile now and I have to say it far overeaches my expectations, thankyou Mazzle for the excellent UI and for you and your testers hard work.

I have been doing a fair amount of reading and research into seeing if I could find out if your UI could show what other members of your party were casting ( which it does not ofcourse ) or if I could find another addon that I could add to yours that does ( which I have not found ). So, with much humbleness, I would like to reiterate another posters request for you to possibly add that to your UI. While I have found being able to see what other members of my group are targetting to be sufficient enough to give me a clue, this would really help me as a priest be more efficient and I forsee it being even more helpful for other classes. I used the CosmosUI ( www.cosmosui.org ) before this which allowed me to see what others were casting via the PartyCastingBars addon... but it does not appear to work with your UI as it is either dependent on other cosmos functions to work or it is not compatible with yours ( or a combination of the two ). I regret to say that I am not savvy enough with UI coding to be able to give you a more accurate picture. I am going to be trying a few more things with it to see if I can get it to work but I think this function in your UI would be a wonderful thing to add regardless ^_^

Besides an AllinOne inventory like say vBaggins thats really all I can think of for features that I might include if I were you. But I can see your point with just being able to open all the bags doing pretty much the same thing, so its more personel preference really and I can always add Baggins I suppose if I want, which frankly for some odd reason I am loathe to do :P

And tho I have only been using your UI for a short time I have found next to no bugs and I have been having a blast with it... incredible job really, if only blizzard/sony/sigil were as thorough as you~

May your lines never falter and may your code always sparkle~

Sylencerr

02-11-07, 01:20 PM   #71
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I Like party casting bars too.. but, i'm not really sure of a good place to put them. That would be tough to integrate them cleanly.

02-11-07, 04:54 PM   #72
Imanelf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I find your SCT settings unusable for some classes. If you are taking a lot of damage from multiple mobs or have a lot of incoming heals and buffs, that alternating rainbow display doesn't work well. It's visually distracting and my brain can't process that much information moving that quickly in a varied pattern.

02-11-07, 05:46 PM   #73
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Imanelf
I find your SCT settings unusable for some classes. If you are taking a lot of damage from multiple mobs or have a lot of incoming heals and buffs, that alternating rainbow display doesn't work well. It's visually distracting and my brain can't process that much information moving that quickly in a varied pattern.
Well you can always edit your sct/sctd in the addon's menu.

Speaking of SCT, I found that MikScrollingCombatText is somewhat better than SCT and more configurable. Although it is still fresh, but it's getting there and over SCT/D. MikScrollingCombatText

Also I was thinking instead of using MonkeyQuest, maybe we could try using FastQuest(2.11.x) ? Although it's not like MQ in term of having the whole quest log (if you like to) show and stays on screen like quest tracker. But other than that, isn't that what quest tracker was supposed to be? and also the fastquest gives you the announcing progress, which I really found it useful.

But in the end, I don't think these two addons will even have a chance since they are not ace2 compatible (I think... didn't look into that). Oh well, just a few thoughts being thrown out there.

02-11-07, 06:39 PM   #74
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Imanelf
Yeah, I'm not surprised. I've always had class-specific SCT settings on my ideas list, i.e. it would install different settings for different classes. Unfortunately, I don't have enough experience with most classes to make this a viable feature to spend a lot of time on.

02-11-07, 06:50 PM   #75
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tempestas
1) You state all over the forums to READ THE FAQ, but when I click on the FAQ button here at WOW Interface, it is blank. After installing your UI, I now know what FAQ you are referring to, and it is very well done. But please fix the FAQ link on the forums so others are not as confused as I was. (I see now there is one ther but the one labled simplly GFAQ is blank. Perhaps put a not in there like the bug reports directing people elsewhaere)
That FAQ button is a hard-coded thing from this site. I don't think I can remove it. Hmm. Maybe, I'll add a single entry that says "Question: Where is the FAQ?" and link to the thread Meio made.

3) MazzleHUD - Fabulous but could be benefitted by:
a) Thinner bars so it looks a little nicer (IMO) like ArrcHUD
b) HUGELY IMPORTANT Currently you can have it not show when not in combat. Love it. But would be nice if is stayed around after combat until you were at full mana and full health or had thais as an option. I like to use the HUD alone and it is nice to know before I enter a battle that I am not at full health without targeting myself or looking to the side of the screen.
c) I also think it would be an improvement to add the ability to change the color of the bars, and even more to have the ability to change color based on a set value, like have the health bar be green until 40% then turn red and have the value and colors be user selectable
d) And last, could we get an option for less intrusive combo points. They have to be right there, and I like seeing them individually as opposed to the filling bar method that ArcHud used, but currently it looks like the Easter Bunny threw up or laid easter eggs next to my HUD.
a) Art won't be changing.
b) Requested multiple times in multiple threads. Already on the list.
c) Doubtful at this time.
d) I could answer and explain how you can change those, but I don't respond well to rude phrasing.

4) Displaying multiple chat windows at the same time. I run in 1980x1200 mode, so I have a lot of horizontal space to play with. I had my buttons where your map is and the map up in the view. This allowed me enough room to have General, Party, Guild, and Combat chat windows always open. I'll look at this more later and see if I find a solution. Not that what you have done doesn't work...it does and I may decide it is best to just get used to it. I think on wide screen the button bars could be shorter to allow for more windows. I will play with it and provide a screenshot.
I appreciate the advantages, but there are tradeoffs. The bottom line is that doing that is contrary to the layout philosophy.

5) The ability to move the camera really far away from my toon. For some reason, even setting the camera distance to far or whatever it is in the Bliz settings, I can only zoom out maybe 1/3 of the distance I used to. Should I report this as a bug or is it intended?
Nothing is changed in that regard. I could easily add the improved camera hack to make it possible to go further than default. I'm still debating that one.

6) As a druid, some are going to want a bar that changes when the prowl. I don't need one, because I have macros like: pounce if stealthed or mangle if not, ravage if stealthed or shred if not, Tigers fury if stealthed or Feral Faerie Fire if not, etc. If you default Druid setup added those macros, you don’t need the stealthed bar. I would think this would be true for rogues too. If you added these to the setups that map spells for you...it would be a winner.
I'm not sure how easy it is, or even possible, for add-ons to create your macros for you and put them in buttons. In any case, all the things you described seem better suited to a paging bar IMO.

02-11-07, 06:53 PM   #76
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MagnusRahl
I am quite pleased with the results of my first two days of testing MazzleUI 1.0. The only feature I'd like to see in the future is to actually scale the 3D Avatar of your own character.

I know that my monitor resolution is quite unusual with its 1920x1200px but I really fancy to have my own character a little larger on a screen like this! (i've tried to resize it with DUF but that did not quite as I had expected)

is there a chance to implement that for future versions?

cheers

I guess it's possible, but it would be extremely low priority. The size is really determined by how much space there is available there. I have to accomodate all the races.

02-11-07, 06:56 PM   #77
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sylencer
Been tracking this UI for awhile now and I have to say it far overeaches my expectations, thankyou Mazzle for the excellent UI and for you and your testers hard work.

I have been doing a fair amount of reading and research into seeing if I could find out if your UI could show what other members of your party were casting ( which it does not ofcourse ) or if I could find another addon that I could add to yours that does ( which I have not found ). So, with much humbleness, I would like to reiterate another posters request for you to possibly add that to your UI. While I have found being able to see what other members of my group are targetting to be sufficient enough to give me a clue, this would really help me as a priest be more efficient and I forsee it being even more helpful for other classes. I used the CosmosUI ( www.cosmosui.org ) before this which allowed me to see what others were casting via the PartyCastingBars addon... but it does not appear to work with your UI as it is either dependent on other cosmos functions to work or it is not compatible with yours ( or a combination of the two ). I regret to say that I am not savvy enough with UI coding to be able to give you a more accurate picture. I am going to be trying a few more things with it to see if I can get it to work but I think this function in your UI would be a wonderful thing to add regardless ^_^

Besides an AllinOne inventory like say vBaggins thats really all I can think of for features that I might include if I were you. But I can see your point with just being able to open all the bags doing pretty much the same thing, so its more personel preference really and I can always add Baggins I suppose if I want, which frankly for some odd reason I am loathe to do :P

And tho I have only been using your UI for a short time I have found next to no bugs and I have been having a blast with it... incredible job really, if only blizzard/sony/sigil were as thorough as you~

May your lines never falter and may your code always sparkle~

Sylencerr
If there's a clean party casting bar add-on, I'd definitely look into adding it.

As for Baggins, it's already in there. You just have to answer the question about it.

02-11-07, 06:59 PM   #78
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by 123noob
Well you can always edit your sct/sctd in the addon's menu.

Speaking of SCT, I found that MikScrollingCombatText is somewhat better than SCT and more configurable. Although it is still fresh, but it's getting there and over SCT/D. MikScrollingCombatText

Also I was thinking instead of using MonkeyQuest, maybe we could try using FastQuest(2.11.x) ? Although it's not like MQ in term of having the whole quest log (if you like to) show and stays on screen like quest tracker. But other than that, isn't that what quest tracker was supposed to be? and also the fastquest gives you the announcing progress, which I really found it useful.

But in the end, I don't think these two addons will even have a chance since they are not ace2 compatible (I think... didn't look into that). Oh well, just a few thoughts being thrown out there.

I see no compelling reason to switch away from SCT. And several add-ons depend on it.

As for MonkeyQuest, I think it's a great add-on, though I am intrigued by some of the feartures other people are bringing up. In any case, the author has a completely new rewrite in the works. I'm hoping to check that out first. In any case, I have plenty to work on for the moment.

02-11-07, 09:32 PM   #79
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by coniferous

I don't know how often you reload your UI, but if you hit Esc, and then click "Addons", there's a button there for reloading the UI as well.

02-11-07, 11:17 PM   #80
trezy
A Cliff Giant
Hey Mazzle this just popped up today. http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=4017
Its a Fubar plugin for Monkeyquest. Not sure if you wanna give it a try or not, but thought I'd point it out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Feature Requests and All Other Suggestions OLD