03-26-13, 04:31 PM   #821
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ordrosh View Post
Like what I see with 7.4r1 so far. Thanks for the work, keep it up.
A few minor notes, mostly preference stuff though
1) the mouseover for the hidden minimap buttons is overlapping the area name, i'd prefer it to be below it
2) when I first set 7.4 up it assumed to use the LowRes layout would've preferred if it had asked me
3) I would also prefer the coords below the minimap preferably below the areaname

Just noticed something else when I went from Honeydew Village to Orgrimmar via the portal there, it didn't update the coords or the areaname, but just added the new one over it. no error messages though. shifting back to honeydew village via the same portal removed the 'new' orgrimmar area/coord tag again, though it came back up upon entering the portal
I shall look into the Minimap stuff.

For the resolution, definitely a bug. Working it out atm.

Originally Posted by webster259 View Post
Nib I absolutely love what you've done with 7.4 it looks fantastic. This is more of a general question than anything else. What made you move away from Skada and use alDamageMeter? Also I'm not sure if it's just me but my stat display isn't showing up on the info line. Finally, are you planning on adding the main stats (Int, Agi, Str, Spirt) to the list of possibles to be displayed? Thanks again
Skada > alDM was both an appearance and CPU usage choice. It's lighter than Skada and far easier to configure in terms of appearance, and suits the needs of most people. I wouldn't recommend using both Skada and alDM at the same time, as now you've got two separate addons calculating combat statistics which is bad jujumagumbo on CPU cycles

Stat Display shows up below the HuD, above the Action Bars / Grid. I'll definitely add those primary stats in.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 03-26-13 at 05:07 PM.

03-26-13, 05:21 PM   #822
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
nib, my menu buttons are light coloured, not dark like in your previews. I just copy pasted the interface folder over the old one - failed installation? I just really don't want to be resetting my Vuhdo etc. profiles.

03-26-13, 05:24 PM   #823
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by BalwickMaggy View Post
nib, my menu buttons are light coloured, not dark like in your previews. I just copy pasted the interface folder over the old one - failed installation? I just really don't want to be resetting my Vuhdo etc. profiles.
That'll be Aurora. Try this:

Type:
/run AuroraConfig = nil
/rl

03-26-13, 05:33 PM   #824
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
That'll be Aurora. Try this:

Type:
/run AuroraConfig = nil
/rl
Okay, that worked a treat in-game but the buttons are still light throughout the login/character selection screen.

Going to delete everything and do it properly anyway; no raids or anything planned for tonight so I can tinker with the UI.

Edit: I still can't get over how fast you are responding. Very much appreciated

03-26-13, 05:37 PM   #825
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Okay, that worked a treat in-game but the buttons are still light throughout the login/character selection screen.

Going to delete everything and do it properly anyway; no raids or anything planned for tonight so I can tinker with the UI.

Edit: I still can't get over how fast you are responding. Very much appreciated
Nah. Outside of the game the buttons will be light still.

03-26-13, 05:52 PM   #826
tamin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

love love love realUI - it took a little while to get used to the HUD but I'm not sure I could live without it now

I do like to use carbonite, mostly because of the map/minimap and how useful it is in bg's.

Can't find too much advice on using the two together, there is one post on the wow forums where I think it says to remove the nibminimap folder from the addons.. "and than i do a few more tweeks" - but he doesn't go into detail unfortunately.

Things seem to mostly work okay doing this, no big errors.. the only thing I have really noticed (other than some random bugsack errors) is the pop-up quest notifications will not stay up all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else uses both together and has any advice/suggestions

03-26-13, 05:58 PM   #827
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by tamin View Post
love love love realUI - it took a little while to get used to the HUD but I'm not sure I could live without it now

I do like to use carbonite, mostly because of the map/minimap and how useful it is in bg's.

Can't find too much advice on using the two together, there is one post on the wow forums where I think it says to remove the nibminimap folder from the addons.. "and than i do a few more tweeks" - but he doesn't go into detail unfortunately.

Things seem to mostly work okay doing this, no big errors.. the only thing I have really noticed (other than some random bugsack errors) is the pop-up quest notifications will not stay up all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else uses both together and has any advice/suggestions
Pop-up quest notifications? Is that a Carbonite thing?

03-26-13, 06:00 PM   #828
tamin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Pop-up quest notifications? Is that a Carbonite thing?
like when you are out in the world, and an area specific quest comes up.. or a turn in for a quest you are doing (as apposed to talking to an npc). That will flash, and than disappear.

man you are on the ball tonight.. much love lol

ETA: also it was mapster that was recommended to be removed, I don't see that addon as a part of realUI anymore?

Last edited by tamin : 03-26-13 at 06:15 PM. Reason: update

03-26-13, 06:19 PM   #829
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by tamin View Post
like when you are out in the world, and an area specific quest comes up.. or a turn in for a quest you are doing (as apposed to talking to an npc). That will flash, and than disappear.

man you are on the ball tonight.. much love lol

ETA: also it was mapster that was recommended to be removed, I don't see that addon as a part of realUI anymore?
Yep. Mapster no longer included.

03-26-13, 06:28 PM   #830
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
woke up this morning thing is was christmas cant wait to try out 7.4 thanks againfor your hard work on this and all your other addons.

Ripshawn YouTube channel

RipShawn Twitch channel

03-26-13, 09:06 PM   #831
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Nah. Outside of the game the buttons will be light still.
Didn't full re-install for that, but I had some weirdness going on with two sets of minimap buttons and whatnot so I figured I'd take the time to sort it out properly Not a single bug to report yet, now I've done it properly. Being able to adjust the HUD width has really opened up some space for other stuff I put in the middle.

I have to ask though, why did you remove Omen? Not a pain for me to put it back, but struck me as a little odd.

Good stuff anyway, as always

03-26-13, 09:16 PM   #832
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I have to ask though, why did you remove Omen? Not a pain for me to put it back, but struck me as a little odd.
Replaced it with a much lighter, smaller threat module, since all I ever used Omen for in the UI was showing the top threat + player.

03-26-13, 09:24 PM   #833
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Replaced it with a much lighter, smaller threat module, since all I ever used Omen for in the UI was showing the top threat + player.
Ahh. I haven't seen it yet then; no combat since I installed the UI. I tend to keep my Omen set to show 3 people because I'm tanking and need to know how close the nearest DPS is to me or the other tank. Where does it show up? Same place as the old one?

03-26-13, 09:31 PM   #834
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Where does it show up? Same place as the old one?
Yep.

03-26-13, 10:03 PM   #835
DanB
A Murloc Raider
Wow

I installed 7.4 at work this afternoon; and by the time I get home you have r1c up!

Nimble work, Nib!

Thank you!!!!

03-27-13, 05:47 AM   #836
meng_jie
A Defias Bandit
Awesome Work as usual !

Can't wait to test it out more deeply tonight !

(Mainly the new damage module / threat, the config... well ok, everything... Shiny toy )

03-27-13, 05:58 AM   #837
rdobkins
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yep. Mapster no longer included.
I miss the ability to minimize the map or hide the quest objectives though. Also when I click the "X" at the top right corner of the actual map display it zooms out vice closes the map.

03-27-13, 07:35 AM   #838
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by rdobkins View Post
I miss the ability to minimize the map or hide the quest objectives though. Also when I click the "X" at the top right corner of the actual map display it zooms out vice closes the map.
Mine closes fine when I hit X, and there's a toggle for quest objectives in the bottom right. Only thing missing is a minimised version.

Edit: In 7.4d, the meter toggle has vanished. I checked your infoline module lua, and skada is still listed in there so it should be loading even though I removed alDamage, right?

Last edited by BalwickMaggy : 03-27-13 at 08:20 AM.

03-27-13, 09:34 AM   #839
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by rdobkins View Post
Yeah, the ability to minimise the map is something I'm currently working on.

03-27-13, 09:34 AM   #840
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Mine closes fine when I hit X, and there's a toggle for quest objectives in the bottom right. Only thing missing is a minimised version.

Edit: In 7.4d, the meter toggle has vanished. I checked your infoline module lua, and skada is still listed in there so it should be loading even though I removed alDamage, right?
Should be, I shall look into that.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI