11-01-08, 10:01 AM   #1441
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Looking for and English to Spanish translator...

If you are a nUI user and interested in supporting nUI's development and localization for the Spanish language, please drop me an e-mail at [email protected] -- I appear to have lost my Spanish translator... I'll take all of the offers I get over the next 24 hours and choose one at random.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

11-01-08, 10:08 AM   #1442
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
What if it's not even nUI related ? Sure you fixed the fubar problem, not really something that was a problem on your end..

And, the more workarounds you introduce, doesn't that make your own code less maintainable and more bloated ?
There is some truth in that... it's a fine line to walk. I take the view that if I can introduce a simple elegant solution to the problem that works whether the problem exists or not, I will. If it is messy, I won't. The bottom line, from my point of view, is that it is about the usability, playability and simplicity of nUI from the end user's point of view.

The user doesn't care if the problem is my fault or FuBar's fault... they only know it's messed up. I also know from a lifetime in the business that what usually happens is the other author takes the point of view of "it works when your mod isn't installed, so it's your fault/problem" and the user ends up being the one that gets screwed in the middle.

So... if I can, I'd just as soon fix it myself and make sure my user is happy.

That said, I'm not beyond yelling at the other author either ~grin~

11-01-08, 11:42 AM   #1443
Sniperfox
A Murloc Raider
I didn't have the time yet to thank you for this great addon, so thank you.

Also, i didn't really like the 'skin' the addon has so i created my own.
I would like to know what u guys think about it.

11-01-08, 11:53 AM   #1444
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Sniperfox View Post

Oh, I rather like that one as well.. Is it a replacement of can you toggle it ?

11-01-08, 02:21 PM   #1445
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Sniperfox View Post

By itself this skin is very nice but as a skin for nUI I think the colour needs to be a lot more subdued. In my opinion it clashes with the colours presented by WoW.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

11-01-08, 02:26 PM   #1446
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
how you go about making new skins?

11-01-08, 05:33 PM   #1447
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Oh, I rather like that one as well.. Is it a replacement of can you toggle it ?
That is a great idea. Spiel, when u get around to adding the skinning options, could u make a "skin switcher", something like a button that we can press to change skins on the fly, if the user has mutliple skins??

11-01-08, 05:47 PM   #1448
Zangband
A Fallenroot Satyr
blizz party frame background spokes when i join a group, could you look into it or will it be gone in beta 4?

11-01-08, 05:51 PM   #1449
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Zangband View Post
blizz party frame background spokes when i join a group, could you look into it or will it be gone in beta 4?
Just go to the Bliz interface options menu, select "Party and Raid" and turn off the "Party Background" option -- that should do the trick.

11-01-08, 10:15 PM   #1450
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta 4 -- 4.00.01 (Alpha) has just been e-mailed...

This update to the WotLK closed test version of nUI Beta 4 addresses a host of errors and updates. Please read through the patch notes carefully to catch all the changes in this update!

Of particular note: The minimap has now been moved out of the information panel and back into the center of the dashboard if and when you do not have a focus. There is an optional nUI addon called “nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap” included in the distribution which is disabled by default. If you would prefer to keep the minimap in your information panel, then after you log into WoW, but before you select a character, click the “AddOns” button and enabled nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap… no other configuration is required.

For the nUI translators: please note there are now several changes in the localization files relating to the change in minimap options. Please check your respective file(s) over and make whatever changes are needed then e-mail back to me. You’ll find the localization files in Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main

As always, any bugs or missing WotLK features you find, please report on the nUI support board at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=107719 if possible, otherwise you can report bugs on any of the nUI comment boards or e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Thanks to everyone for their support!

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

Please note: This is a closed test period release and is *NOT* available for public download. This version is available via direct e-mail to nUI supporters and language translators only. WotLK compatible nUI Beta 4 will be released for public download on November 13th when Wrath of the Lich King goes live. nUI Beta 4 *is* backward compatible with the existing WoW public servers, as well. Those who have Beta 4 already installed on their systems as a result of participating in the closed test period will *NOT* need to download the public release on the 13th, it will be e-mailed to you directly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* New DK presences do not update the shapeshift bar

* Add management of the Bliz RuneFrame for DeathKnights

* Add vehicle frame/mode integration to the dashboard

* Ready check icons are not working in unit frames

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

Known Bliz / nUI compatibility issues...

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat == this is
a known WoW 3.0.2 bug and beyond nUI's control. Hopefully Bliz will address it in
the next patch.

* Switching between windowed and non-windowed mode breaks nUI's textures and HUD -- this
is caused by a known Bliz bug in their video driver code and applies only to certain
graphics cards and video drivers. It is nearly random in terms of which mods it will
impact... anything from very complex to completely trivial mods are broken by this
bug but it is always mods that use custom textures. There is no fix. The only
workaround is to (a) avoid switching between windowed and non-windowed modes as much
as possible and use '/nui rl' to reload the user interface when it gets broken. It is
worth noting this bug affects Macs most often, but also impacts some PCs (such as
mine). This bug has been a round a very long time and no telling if or when it will
ever be fixed.

* If your mouse buttons 4 and 5 do not work for click-casting on unit frames, make
sure your mouse driver is sending mouse button clicks and not key presses. You can
do this by going to the key binding interface and trying to bind autorun to mouse
button 4. If the key binding does not say "Button 4" or "Mouse Button 4" then the
issue is your mouse driver or driver settings. Bliz does not support key-presses
as mouse clicks directly and mods like Clique cannot detect key presses in that way.

To-Do List / Planned features

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 4.00.01 (Alpha)

* Fixed scaling of the Bliz feedback UI button in the buttonbag

* Fixed management of the TimeManagerClockButton in WotLK release

* Changed spec browsing logic to be more strict on matching the inspection ready message
to the GUID of the unit to be inspected -- this may or may not have fixed the problem,
will require a lot of testing and feedback from users to confirm one way or the other

* Fixed a nUI_UnitAura.lua bug that displayed the player's temporary weapon enchants
(shapening stones, oils, poisons, in the debuff area on the HUD and unit frames

* Fixed a bug in nUI_UnitAura.lua that caused player's temporary weapon enchants to
not always update when added, removed or expired

* Fixed a unit portrait bug which allowed by the still portrait and the animated model
for a unit to both be displayed at the same time under certain circumstances

* Fixed a bug in the XP bar orientation logic which was blowing up the size of the
rested experience bar on login

* Fixed a bug in the dashboard clock that caused the clock to stop after a mouseover

* Changed dashboard clock to use the alarm panel's "24 hour mode" checkbox to select
between a 12 and 24 hour clock mode. Click on the location/clock panel on the
dashboard to access the alarm panel. Removed the '/nui clock {12|24} slash command.

* Added '/nui clock {local|server|both}' slash command to control display of the
dashboard clock... select 'local' to display the local time, 'server' to display
the server time or 'both' to display both local and server time together.

* Added '/nui minimap' slash command to toggle nUI management of the Blizzard minimap
on and off (for compatability with addons like SimpleMinimap) -- note: using this
command will force an user interface reload

* Moved the minimap out of the information panel back into the center of the dashboard.
The minimap now shares space with the focus frame and is only visible if and when
you do not have an active focus. Players who prefer the minimap in the information
panel can install the nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap addon to recover the prior functionality

* Changed the location of the mail button and PvP/Battlefield buttons when the minimap
information panel addon is installed to anchor the buttons to the upper left corner
of the panel for ease of access and to make them independant of the nUI skin in use

* Changed the focus frame background in the player, party and raid 10 unit panels to
improve the cosmetic appearance of the minimap in the focus frame location

* Fixed click-casting support for mouse buttons 4 and 5 in unit frames

* Fixed a fat-finger error in nUI_ButtonBag.lua which completely broke the button bag /blush

* Modified HUD logic to treat Runic Power like Rage where regen alpha is turned off
when Runic Power hits zero and idle alpha is activated

* Modified the XP bar to fully hide the bar when the player has reached the max level

Last edited by spiel2001 : 11-01-08 at 10:18 PM.

11-02-08, 12:40 AM   #1451
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

How are you guys handling 25/40 man raids in the UI? I know there is a setting for group (5) and raid (10) built in. Is there a plan to add a frame for larger raids/BGs?

11-02-08, 02:30 AM   #1452
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Gaidinward View Post
How are you guys handling 25/40 man raids in the UI? I know there is a setting for group (5) and raid (10) built in. Is there a plan to add a frame for larger raids/BGs?
From the post immediately before your question...

To-Do List / Planned features

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

In the meantime, you can use the pullout raid groups built into WoW or many people are using Grid as an alternative.

11-02-08, 05:40 AM   #1453
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thank you. Was half out of it from 6 hours of raiding when I posted that. Could barely see straight :P

11-02-08, 11:49 AM   #1454
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Question Beta 4 Feedback?

So... does the deafening silence mean that people are generally not using the Beta 4 that I have been e-mailing out or is it really that stable and complete that there's little need for comment?

11-02-08, 12:15 PM   #1455
Dahon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
minimap

So far so good. Only question I have so far is, can you make the minimap square so it actually fills the frame it's in?

11-02-08, 12:28 PM   #1456
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Druid thingies...

Sorry about that Spiel. I haven't had much time to play, let alone test thoroughly.

I did manage to find a couple of things on my druid though. I decided to test out my druid with talents from the Balance tree at lvl 80 in WotLK beta (my druid is dps feral on my actual server).
  1. Druid Treants - the Force of Nature talent summons 3 treants which apparently are considered as pets. These bring up the pet bar, but since the druid also has the shapeshift bar, the stance bar and pet bar go side by side. I've attached an image of what it looks like, because... a picture is worth a thousand words!
  2. Druid Flight Form / Swift Flight Form - my druid at 80 has 6 shapeshift forms (Bear, Aqua, Cat, Travel, Moonkin, Flight) - the shapeshift bar is only taking the first 5 (this can be seen in the image as well). I had to place the Flight Form button somewhere else.

I decided to test out my druid with talents in the Moonkin form at lvl 80 in WotLK beta (my druid is dps feral).

These both happened on the WotLK beta with nUI v4.00.01 alpha which you emailed us lately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110208_144456.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2021  

11-02-08, 12:28 PM   #1457
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Dahon View Post
So far so good. Only question I have so far is, can you make the minimap square so it actually fills the frame it's in?
Use the command '/nui roundmap' -- you might have to do it twice

11-02-08, 12:32 PM   #1458
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Dahon View Post
Try /nui roundmap. You might have to do it 2 or 3 times though if I recall... If you've decided to use the square in the middle of the UI, the square version looks much better imo.

Spiel - is it possible to make the minimap slightly larger when it's in the middle? - there is some unused blank space around it and a larger minimap would take up more of that wasted space (I know that the space in the centre of the UI is not square but rectangular, but still, there is potential for the minimap to grow just a little bit...

11-02-08, 12:34 PM   #1459
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by iljott View Post
Sorry about that Spiel. I haven't had much time to play, let alone test thoroughly.

I did manage to find a couple of things on my druid though. I decided to test out my druid with talents from the Balance tree at lvl 80 in WotLK beta (my druid is dps feral on my actual server).
  1. Druid Treants - the Force of Nature talent summons 3 treants which apparently are considered as pets. These bring up the pet bar, but since the druid also has the shapeshift bar, the stance bar and pet bar go side by side. I've attached an image of what it looks like, because... a picture is worth a thousand words!
/sigh -- I figured that would be what happened... and I really do not have a good solution... adding the one more missing form will make it worse, too. I am loath to make that part of the bar wider, but that may be what I have to do. I don't want to make the pet buttons much if any smaller, I know that.
  1. Druid Flight Form / Swift Flight Form - my druid at 80 has 6 shapeshift forms (Bear, Aqua, Cat, Travel, Moonkin, Flight) - the shapeshift bar is only taking the first 5 (this can be seen in the image as well). I had to place the Flight Form button somewhere else.
This may well be a loop counter limit. I'll have a looksee. Thanks for the feedback.

Speaking of being lvl80 -- my DK is only lvl 58 and my hunter is only 71 and I don't have time to run them a whole lot higher... is there someplace I can take the hunter when I can repeatedly test the vehicle panel? I'm trying to work my way up through the quest chains until I find vehicles, but haven't yet... if you can tell me where I can go at 71 and play with vehicles it would be a huge time saver.

11-02-08, 12:37 PM   #1460
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Question Death Knight Rune Frame...

I'm still working on figuring out how the Death Knights are put together and being pretty slow at it so far. For those of you who already have been playing DK for a good while, I'd like some feedback on the rune frame... I'm trying to work out where it should be and what a player really needs in terms of functionality.

I also have a question... can you have (and actually need) your rune frame and a pet at the same time? For that matter, the rune frame and a possession bar at the same time? I'm thinking of adding the rune frame to the space where the pet and possession bar normally go and putting the DK's Presences to the left and the runes to the right much as I'm doing for warlocks now. Any thoughts on this location for the rune frame?

So... those of you familiar with the DK, if you want to provide some input, I'm all ears.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement