08-21-09, 03:38 PM   #1
Shadowkith
AtlasWorld Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AtlasWorld's Future: Now - Cataclysm X-Pac

Hi, Jeffery here, author of AtlasWorld. I am taking this time to explain my plans for the future of AtlasWorld. Before Cataclysm is released (i have time) I am going to be doing my maps for Northrend (yah alittle late but i just had time to hit 80 to get all that i need) and I am going to be doing the tweaks to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms but not doing new maps for them unless its needed. Shortly after the release of Cataclysm I plan to have the new maps for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms started and the new maps for Outlands should be released in the next big version. If anything is changed to Northrend I will include it in the release for Cataclysm. I also want to make a standalone version of AtlasWorld available somehow after Cataclysm is released. I have finally passed the road blocks in my life and should be bvack in full swing. Feedback is appreciated either here or emailed to [email protected].

Thank You,
Jeffery S.

P.S. I am going to college for Game and Simulation Programming so expect to see some interesting stuff coming soon.
08-26-09, 02:16 AM   #2
Republic
Paladin

What makes any of this different from Atlas?
08-26-09, 08:50 AM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

This is what it is.

Originally Posted by Shadowkith View Post
AtlasWorld is a plug-in for Atlas by Dan Gilbert that adds a category called “World Overview” to the Atlas Category drop-down menu. The original add-on was created and maintained by Pauper until the reins were handed to me. Version 3.1.1.11 is the current stable release. SVN access is solely hosted here at WoWInterface. It is a public directory so any one can use it, just please let me know it is from the SVN when reporting bugs. We now have an alternative download location at our site here. Also a link to the latest release download here. AtlasWorld contains maps for Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outlands, and soon to come Northrend. These maps include:

Cities

Towns

Dungeons

PvP Battlegrounds

Outdoor Raids

For our WotLK update we need for our users to submit data to us about any new cities, towns, dungeons, pvp battlegrounds, and outdoor raids; including name, zone, and coordinates. Please e-mail this data to [email protected]. Donations are welcomed and appreciated as we are currently in debt. We will have a new release coming within the next week or two.

Shadowkith, Add-On Author
08-27-09, 05:09 AM   #4
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
This is what it is.
If I read this correctly, if I were to use both Atlas and AtlasWorld, I'd have 2 maps of eastern kingdoms, kalimdor, etc (one from Atlas and one from this plugin)? I see that this plugin adds a world overview dropdown category to Atlas, but why does it duplicate the other parts of Atlas (if I understand this correctly)? Sorry, I'm not being difficult, I just don't see what else this does for someone who uses Atlas/AtlasLoot.

Thanks
08-27-09, 10:51 AM   #5
Shadowkith
AtlasWorld Author

AtlasWorld is a plugin made awhile back for Atlas that adds that stuff to the menu, and shows where towns, instances, cities, etc. Unless Dan built this into the core of Atlas this should be the only full maps of the places with those markers, he does has transportation maps that show fp and stuff like that but not dungeons and outdoor raids, and battlegrounds. He might have put it in atlas tho im not sure.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » AtlasWorld's Future: Now - Cataclysm X-Pac