01-21-13, 11:47 AM   #1
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gold and Askmrrobot Addon

I used http://www.askmrrobot.com for long time now. They recently added this "Manage Bag" function. There was a free trail and I downloaded the Addon - it shoud track what is in your bag then you upload your Saved Variables. I looked into the code and saw something about gold. So i tested it and yes your gold is saved! They don't need this info and isen't it against the rules or something? Maybe they hack accounts when you have much gold? What is the sense?
01-21-13, 12:22 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No legitimate addon can hack your account.

That said, all the addon does is look up your gold when it looks up the rest of your currency information. It immediately saves the amount to a saved variable to be exported with the rest of your data and then does not touch it again. At all. When you upload your data to the site, it displays it along with the rest of your currency data. You need gold and currency to purchase some upgrades for your character.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-21-13, 12:28 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, not against the rules.

If you are uncomfortable with them tracking your gold, then post on their forums and tell them how you feel. Although I think you will find that you're worrying over nothing.

And no. They definitely won't be hacking any accounts (I think the owner of AMR has come too far in his endeavors with that site to risk being that stupid). If you're that worried then be sure to follow all of Blizzards account security measures.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Gold and Askmrrobot Addon