01-24-06, 02:38 PM   #1
twig314159
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TTSpellTimer

I might as well start a TTSpellTimer thread. Discuss!
02-03-06, 07:40 PM   #2
Domin
A Defias Bandit
Great mod!!!

However as a fire mage one thing is missing for me, one very important thing, the Fire Vulnarability from Impr Scorch talent Its a 5 point talent that adds per point 20% chance to make target Vulnabre to fire dmg,increasing the fire dmg taken by 2% for 15 sec per point, stacks up to 5 times, just like shadow one priests have

Would it be possible to include this in future release?
02-03-06, 07:51 PM   #3
twig314159
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Domin
Great mod!!!

However as a fire mage one thing is missing for me, one very important thing, the Fire Vulnarability from Impr Scorch talent Its a 5 point talent that adds per point 20% chance to make target Vulnabre to fire dmg,increasing the fire dmg taken by 2% for 15 sec per point, stacks up to 5 times, just like shadow one priests have

Would it be possible to include this in future release?
Perhaps. The only issue with this is that there is no way for me to know who triggered the buff. As long as you don't mind the timer appearing if the buff appears because of another mage, then that's fine.

But in general, I'm opposed to showing timers for stuff you didn't cause. It is a possibility, but I'd like more input from the general public before I make a decision.
02-03-06, 08:03 PM   #4
Domin
A Defias Bandit
Yes there is no way to know if the debuff was trigged from you or other mage, however in raids it dosent matter, the debuff is on a mob and as a mage i would love to see how much time i have left to nuke with fire untill debuff fades, even if i am not the one that coused it The next thing is that not all mages have 5/5 points talents in it, i have only 3 that means 60% chance to apply debuff, and it would rly help if i had the timer on it so i knew when to refresh it since it requires only one proc to remain fully effective

The vounrability procs affect all sources of dmg on the target, if there was a option to turn it on/off if needed, everyone who benefits from a particular vunarability debuff could monitor it and take advantage of the debuff

This would be a great addition for mages/locks/shadow priests that raid
02-03-06, 10:00 PM   #5
Seikosm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Error when casting Innervate:

Interface\AddOns\TTSpellTimer\TTSpellTimer.lua:417: attempt to compare number with nil
02-06-06, 02:48 PM   #6
twig314159
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seikosm
Error when casting Innervate:

Interface\AddOns\TTSpellTimer\TTSpellTimer.lua:417: attempt to compare number with nil
Thanks, Seikosm. I've fixed this for the next update.
02-23-06, 07:12 AM   #7
Seikosm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Error when casting spells on the pet bar while using a mind control cap:

Interface\AddOns\TTSpellTimer\TTSpellTimer.lua:606 bad arguement #2 to `find' (string expected, got nil)
02-24-06, 12:12 PM   #8
dafire
Premium Member
I did some german customation but the locale file is not enough because the rank's are hardcoded like "Rank 1" "Rank 2" ... in german e.g. it's "Rang 1" and "Rang 2"
02-24-06, 01:26 PM   #9
twig314159
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by dafire
I did some german customation but the locale file is not enough because the rank's are hardcoded like "Rank 1" "Rank 2" ... in german e.g. it's "Rang 1" and "Rang 2"
I've actually already fixed this for the next update. It'll be much easier to localize after the next update.

Dafire, could you please private message me with your German translations so I can add them into the next release?
02-26-06, 04:26 AM   #10
dafire
Premium Member
I began with warrior and warlock translations.. I'm out of town right now but I'll verify my translations when I'm back and will send you the two classes then
03-30-06, 08:24 PM   #11
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hi twig314159, just started using TTSpellTimer, and must say its very nice so far.

Got a couple of 1.10 bugs for you (this is in version 1.08.11000):
  1. The function CastSpellByName has a new second parameter (onSelf) which indicates whether the spell is to be cast on yourself or not. (This affects TTST_Override_CastSpellByName).
  2. Tooltips need to be assigned an owner before you can read them (otherwise the SetAction, etc., functions won't do anything). Easiest way to do that is in the XML by putting an <OnLoad> section to your tooltip declaration and adding "this:SetOwner(WorldFrame, "ANCHOR_NONE")" or similar. (I prefer to set mine to being owned by my primary frame, but WorldFrame works too).

Anyway, great mod, thanks!

-- Cirk
03-31-06, 01:37 AM   #12
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Cirk
Got a couple of 1.10 bugs for you (this is in version 1.08.11000):
Oops, somehow I had missed the 1.10.11000 version being available, which fixed bug number (2) above, but bug (1) is still there...

Cheers
-- Cirk
03-31-06, 01:21 PM   #13
Istu
A Defias Bandit
Couple of things:
- Doesn't seem to save position of timer window between sessions
- Doesn't cancel Hunters Mark once mob is dead
- Hunters Mark timer caption refers to first mob even it if is recast on another one
- Tried turning off the Hunters Mark but it seemed to disable the entire mod
- Recast spells (once expired) don't seem to be noticed and displayed? -- only noticed on my Warlock so far
- Changing scale from say 1.0 to 1.5 moved it off the screen to the right

Requests:
- Would be really nice to have hunter traps shown - please
- Would be useful to have a 'global set position' so the position only needs to be set once for all chars (call me lazy!)
- Option to increase the icon size not just the entire scale

Been looking for an all-in-one spell timer for awhile; this is a great mod - thanks for your efforts!

Last edited by Istu : 03-31-06 at 01:27 PM.
04-05-06, 07:24 AM   #14
Khazdūn
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

It's my first time I (try to) use TTSpellTimer, so I don't know if this is an old bug or not.
But when I start WoW, I get an error:
...\AddOns\TTSpellTimer\TTSpellTimerSpellData.lua:95: table index is nil

And then, every time I get damage, a buff or debuff, I get another error:
...\AddOns\TTSpellTimer\TTSpellTimerSpellData.lua:67: attempt to call global 'TTST_GetGeneralSettings' (a nil value)

I have the version "Twig's Spell Timer v1.11.11000" and use the german version of wow.
Does anyone know a solution to this problems?
04-05-06, 08:02 AM   #15
dafire
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Khazdūn
It's my first time I (try to) use TTSpellTimer, so I don't know if this is an old bug or not.
But when I start WoW, I get an error:
...\AddOns\TTSpellTimer\TTSpellTimerSpellData.lua:95: table index is nil

And then, every time I get damage, a buff or debuff, I get another error:
...\AddOns\TTSpellTimer\TTSpellTimerSpellData.lua:67: attempt to call global 'TTST_GetGeneralSettings' (a nil value)

I have the version "Twig's Spell Timer v1.11.11000" and use the german version of wow.
Does anyone know a solution to this problems?
Sure ... do the german localisation for the addon

The error is the addon can't find the german spell table and setting translations.

You can start with copying the english settings to the deDE part in the localisation file and just translate your spells and the "Rank" parts.

Last edited by dafire : 04-05-06 at 08:05 AM.
04-07-06, 07:51 PM   #16
KarlThePagan
A Defias Bandit
suggestions

Finally... a mod that can replace CountDoom but works for every class! (as well as some CC mods )

I love it.

I'd like to see a few spells added for priests, and some misc suggestions:
- Power Infusion - new in 1.10, 31 point talent, 15 second buff on a friendly target, the buff icon looks like the "head on fire" icon that's used both as its talent and the spell
- for the above talent and for Innervate it would be nice if there was an option to whisper the target if the target isn't yourself
- Inspiration - 11 point holy talent (up to 3 ranks that don't affect the duration), activates on a critical heal from Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, or Prayer of Healing, lasts 15 seconds, the buff uses the "shield" icon the same as scroll of protection
- option to nag players who break CC debuffs
- click on buff/debuff to select affected entity, cycling through until it finds one with the debuff on it (perhaps remember and use an entity health percent <100 as a stop, so you don't loop forever)

That would round out TTSpellTimer and allow it to replace just about any mod I've ever needed for CC/debuff tracking. I haven't used this mod in pvp much so I don't know what kind of support you have for diminishing returns, but that's always useful to have in a CC mod.
06-08-06, 10:57 AM   #17
Thorga
A Murloc Raider
Does this mod not work with german clients or does it only not work because of other addons or addons that I don't have?

I really would like to use it.
06-09-06, 04:40 AM   #18
dafire
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Thorga
Does this mod not work with german clients or does it only not work because of other addons or addons that I don't have?

I really would like to use it.
read my answers 2 posts above yours.
06-09-06, 05:15 AM   #19
eerrrr
A Murloc Raider
Quick question - does it only add timers for things you have targetted? Cos I find that the seduce timer never starts, and some others don't always start like banish, and it's usually cos I'm switching targets before the debuff's applied. At least I think it is...
06-19-06, 04:36 AM   #20
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Hey twig, it would be great if you could add TTSpellTimer support for the Improved Scorch debuff that is part of the Fire mage talent tree. The duration is 30 seconds, and it would be really helpful if TTSpellTimer could tell me when its about to expire.

Thanks,
Kamishimi of Suramar

EDIT: I browsed through the rest of the thread and saw another post about the same topic. Here's my vote to add this feature in, it would really make TTSpellTimer a useful AddOn for fire mages.

Last edited by Kamishimi : 06-19-06 at 04:38 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » TTSpellTimer