02-21-06, 11:18 AM   #41
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Possible problem or perhaps I just don't know what I am doing - which is even more possible.

When the trageted mob is "in-my'face" and I mouse over I get the name/character of the mob and [YOU] in the information box.

See attatched screen shot for better explanation of what I am trying to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	468  
02-21-06, 12:32 PM   #42
aastarius
An Aku'mai Servant

the [You] is simply showing you your targets target.

Get a friend to target you and then cursor over them, you'll see the same thing again
02-21-06, 02:46 PM   #43
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thank You - that was it.
02-24-06, 08:51 PM   #44
Kaaihn
A Defias Bandit
Targets target problem

I love the targets target function of Tipbuddy, but it seems to be in conflict with flagrsp. If I have flagrsp enabled, I cannot see the targets target displayed in the tooltip.

Would it be possible to make these two mods compatible with each other please?

Thank you.

Last edited by Kaaihn : 02-25-06 at 12:25 PM.
03-10-06, 05:33 PM   #45
Gooberosity
A Murloc Raider
TipBuddy and Necrosis?

Installed the latest version and I seem to have a conflict with Necrosis LDC (which admittedly is old), the error is "stack overflow" in TipBuddy. Anyone else getting this? I reverted back to the January release of TipBuddy and all is well again.
03-10-06, 08:19 PM   #46
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gooberosity
Installed the latest version and I seem to have a conflict with Necrosis LDC (which admittedly is old), the error is "stack overflow" in TipBuddy. Anyone else getting this? I reverted back to the January release of TipBuddy and all is well again.
Having same trouble. and not using LCD.. seems to be something with mod itself.

Update 2.03 seems to be working ok. But there is an offset of NPCs (neutral) to the right of the tooltop anchor that I can not figure out why it is moving. (will get screenshot)

Update 2: 2.06 works... good job on a quick fix

Kudane

Last edited by Kudane : 03-11-06 at 03:10 PM.
03-11-06, 06:59 AM   #47
Insaniac
A Kobold Labourer
Non-Unit Tooltips

Having an issue with Non-Unit Tooltips and Anchoring. I am currently using BibMod, so I do not know if this affects the problem. But currently I can not get my buttons to anchor to the TipBuddy Anchor. It does not matter what I select from the drop down list, all buttons will be anchored to the cursor. I am using v2.06 of the mod.

Update: Ok......I figured it out. If you turn off the Enhanced Tooltip, under Interface Options/Display, the tipbuddy anchoring for Non-Units will revert back to the default blizzard setting and will ignore the settings you selected within Tipbuddy. This has nothing to do with BibMod. This is more ignoring than it is a bug, but other than that everything is working as should.

Last edited by Insaniac : 03-11-06 at 07:08 AM.
03-11-06, 08:06 AM   #48
Aileen
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am still missing linebreaks in my tooltips over the Menu Bar buttons (Character, Quest, Talents, etc) and the MonkeyQuest tooltips. All other tooltips have their line breaks back.

Edit: Also the Chat window tabs

Last edited by Aileen : 03-11-06 at 09:17 AM.
03-11-06, 11:51 AM   #49
janin
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Aileen
I am still missing linebreaks in my tooltips over the Menu Bar buttons (Character, Quest, Talents, etc) and the MonkeyQuest tooltips. All other tooltips have their line breaks back.

Edit: Also the Chat window tabs

I'm getting the one line tooltips again after this new version.

I believe an Addon called Battlefield Commander, is causing some conflictions somewhere.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4517

It's fine, until I click for the onscreen Battle Ground map, then it 'breaks' the tooltip.

Last edited by janin : 03-11-06 at 01:10 PM.
03-11-06, 04:26 PM   #50
Amarao
A Kobold Labourer
I just upgraded from an old version (pre-2.0, not sure which) to 2.06 (also tried 2.03 and 2.0, same problems with all of them), and I'm getting four errors. On load, I get:

[string "TipBuddy_Header_FrameDropDown:OnLoad"]:2: attempt to call global 'TipBuddy_AnchorDropDown_OnLoad' (a nil value)

Any time I mouse over something that would spawn a tooltip, both of these spawn:

Interface\Addons\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:1780: Usage: SetPoint("Point" [, Frame] [, "RelativePoint"] [, offsetX, offsetY])

Interface\Addons\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:2352: Attempt to perform arithmatic on feild 'uiscale' (a nil value)

And whenever I do /tipbuddy to pull up the options menu, this one spawns:

Interface\Addons\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:207: Attempt to call global 'TipBuddy_ToggleOptionsFrame' (a nil value)

I love the mod, and I've been using it for a few months, but these make the game completely unplayable with it. For the moment, I'm uninstalling it, as even dropping back versions (tried 1.83) isn't helping. Also, here's a screenshot of all the addons I use, dunno if anything's causing a conflict (blacked out ones are addons that are currently disabled):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...lir/Addons.jpg

Thanks a ton for any help you can give.

Edit: I just fixed it by deleting the TipBuddy.lua files in the SavedVariables folder, but I figure I'll leave this up here anyway. I'm betting it was a problem of upgrading and variable conflicts or something, but figure you should be aware of it. Still love the mod.

Last edited by Amarao : 03-11-06 at 04:35 PM.
03-23-06, 09:42 AM   #51
Leviathan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

TipBuddy lua error

Hi,

I'm using TipBuddy 2.1 and sometimes getting this error message:
Interface\AddOns\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:1039: attempt to concatenate local 'textR' (a nil value)
I'm not sure how to reproduce, but the steps that I tried that mostly able to reproduce is then I right click on a vendor while keeping my pointer at the vendor.

I'm using TipBuddy compact mode with MobInfo2 in compact mode also.

Anyway.... great add-on!
03-27-06, 12:31 AM   #52
jeur
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Tipbuddy is one of the best mods out there. 5 stars
03-27-06, 02:18 AM   #53
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Leviathan
Hi,

I'm using TipBuddy 2.1 and sometimes getting this error message:
Interface\AddOns\TipBuddy\TipBuddy.lua:1039: attempt to concatenate local 'textR' (a nil value)
I'm not sure how to reproduce, but the steps that I tried that mostly able to reproduce is then I right click on a vendor while keeping my pointer at the vendor.

I'm using TipBuddy compact mode with MobInfo2 in compact mode also.

Anyway.... great add-on!
I've had a similar experience with those two in tandem, only without the lua error. Instead, the tooltip freaks out for a second and spams a bunch of item info, then clears up a second later. I think it might be related to the item linking in MI2... I run KCI, so maybe that's why I don't get the lua error...

Hope that's a bit of help
03-27-06, 06:31 AM   #54
Leviathan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

For this time being, I commented that line in the lua file and it's working fine till now.
04-05-06, 06:37 AM   #55
jeur
A Murloc Raider
Does any1 know if chester is working on this addon for 1.10?
04-09-06, 07:06 AM   #56
sed1000
A Defias Bandit
My tooltip placement periodically moves to the bottom of the screen and stays there. I'm used to it anchoring next to my cursor. I have CTmod, and I can get go into the misc options to get it to anchor at the top of the screen after it messes up. I tried to reset the placement in the Tipbuddy menu, doesn't work. Only way I can get it to work properly again is to reinstall TipBuddy. Any way around this? Thanks.
04-09-06, 08:44 AM   #57
Vertigo
A Murloc Raider
I sure hope Chester updates this wonderful addon soon, its one of my favourites!
04-13-06, 12:28 AM   #58
d00dz
A Murloc Raider
I'm having an issue with Tipbuddy where information like Target of Target, Guild, Rank Icon, and Buffs/Debuffs are no longer being shown. The problem has persisted despite checking/unchecking the items several times and clicking apply and Okay.

I've also tried removing the mod and the associated savedvariables file but to no avail.

The problem only started when I made a new alt and clicked Reset All in the Tipbuddy options menu.

Edit: I also can't switch between compact mode and normal mode now. Seems like it now persists in using the Blizzard default tooltips.

Last edited by d00dz : 04-13-06 at 12:39 AM.
05-08-06, 12:56 AM   #59
strifus
A Kobold Labourer
if im reading d00dz post correctly, i seem to be experiencing the same problem. since the last dot patch a couple of weeks ago, tipbuddy seems to have reset itself. now in the addons section, it sez its out of date but it hasnt been a problem. ive downloaded ver2.1 and it doesnt seem to want to load at all. the tipbuddy button isnt there and doesnt want to load no matter what i do.

ive also recently added titan bar to my addon list.

is there a workaround for this or is there an update on the way that might fix this.

thanks in advance.
05-09-06, 02:29 AM   #60
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey, everyone!

Sorry for the extended leave of absence there. Real Life took hold of me for quite a while and would just not let go. Scheduling time to update my mods is harder for me now, but is still a big priority for me. I'm hoping I don't have to leave for that long again.

TipBuddy new version:
5/09/06 - v2.2
-rewrote most of the visibility code to work better with Bliz's new tooltip rules and with other mods
-default tooltip will now fade following the same rules as the compact fade (delay + fade time)
-city faction coloring now works
-other info will show up properly again in compact mode
-fixed buff issues
-compatibility with other mods should be much better now
-fixed the $tp (tapped) code producing an error
-reorganized options panel a bit
-fixed a few typos in options tooltip text
-updated toc

As always, if you find bugs or have suggestions, feel free to email me directly or post them on my portal site here. Thanks everyone.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » TipBuddy - Advanced configurable tooltips