01-22-08, 06:46 AM   #21
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I personally prefer the old look.

Last edited by Slakah : 01-22-08 at 06:59 AM.
01-22-08, 07:18 AM   #22
Borrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I like the new look!
I needed to get used to it for the first minute but now I really like it.

*thumbs up*
01-22-08, 09:41 AM   #23
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Big improvement!!

a suggestion for the page find.php would be to have a box on the left with a link to your mail,portal and info of subscribed msg threads, some kind of stats with an easy read link.

a suggestion for the right side of find.php would be a server down/up status link and below that on the right, a box titled [request a addon] that enables the person to submit an addon request with selectable areas for which type.

And with Adblock plus for firefox, the place looks a ton better than before!
01-22-08, 10:29 AM   #24
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Right now we arent showing ads on the find page. Although every other page should have ads on them.
Only page they are showing on my screen is the main community page. all others the right hand panel is blank. The addons page has the spotlight and newly updated but no ads.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-22-08, 10:56 AM   #25
FelixTeCat
A Fallenroot Satyr
Love the new layout
01-22-08, 11:05 AM   #26
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I love the new layout, but unfortunatly i have lost my signature, and i have searched under my profile settings, and i no longer even have the ability to set or change my signature. Otherwise i love the changes.

01-22-08, 11:10 AM   #27
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
When replying to a comment on a mod page (In this case, SSArena Frames) it's showing oldest first not newest.
01-22-08, 11:24 AM   #28
Polarina
A Theradrim Guardian
  • When trying to update an addon, the box for the description is missing all the formatting options. This includes when posting comments, replying to comments, editing news at the portal, posting news to the portal, editing FAQ at the portal, creating a new FAQ entry at the portal, editing a page at the portal, creating a page at the portal, editing feature requests and bug reports, and when creating a feature request and bug reports.
  • Looking at an addon page under the tab "Addon Info.", the MD5 sum is in a edit box.
  • The MD5 sums for archived files (Old Versions) are missing.
  • The date and time format is wrong. Example of a correct form: 2008-01-22 17:16:57.
  • The site looks completely awful when editing forum posts and all formatting options are missing.
  • Editing a forum post doesn't show the time and date when the post was last edited and by whom.

Last edited by Polarina : 01-22-08 at 11:26 AM.
01-22-08, 11:40 AM   #29
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Uhm, it could be me, but the color used on the forum for the Premium members on the light background (WoWI light skin) is unreadable. Also, I would put the login a little more clearly, it might help some - but that's an idea of course.
01-22-08, 11:43 AM   #30
Ahm
A Fallenroot Satyr
Color woes

I'm loving the new layout.. not at all difficult to adjust to. However, the Light/Dark skins are a bit counter-productive.. what are people to do about posting with font colors? For instance, my addon uses color to separate sections and make things easier to read and find... the colors are all light so that it looks great in the dark skin, but it looks horrible and is hard to read in the light skin.

Also, granted, I'd likely set the skin once and leave it, but why is it only accessible from certain pages? Especially with the above problem, it'd be nice to have the option to switch skins on addon pages so we can see things in both lights.
01-22-08, 11:52 AM   #31
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by THUNDER_CHILD View Post
nice layout. I will post more as i come across them (if i come across them).

I think the symbols for the boxes on the right are reversed. Personally i think it should be - when it is open to show that it can be closed and + to open it.
Just in case you missed this, Dolby.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-22-08, 12:00 PM   #32
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Polarina View Post
  • When trying to update an addon, the box for the description is missing all the formatting options. This includes when posting comments, replying to comments, editing news at the portal, posting news to the portal, editing FAQ at the portal, creating a new FAQ entry at the portal, editing a page at the portal, creating a page at the portal, editing feature requests and bug reports, and when creating a feature request and bug reports.
  • Looking at an addon page under the tab "Addon Info.", the MD5 sum is in a edit box.
  • The MD5 sums for archived files (Old Versions) are missing.
  • The date and time format is wrong. Example of a correct form: 2008-01-22 17:16:57.
  • The site looks completely awful when editing forum posts and all formatting options are missing.
  • Editing a forum post doesn't show the time and date when the post was last edited and by whom.
Message editor should show all the normal options for you... what browser are you using? When viewing those pages can you do a CNTRL - F5 to force a refresh, maybe your browser is using the old cached java?

Editing forum posts does show last edited the same as before... after a few minutes of the post it will start showing last edited by.

Right now there aren't any MD5's for archives. That will be added in the near future.
01-22-08, 12:35 PM   #33
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Bump for the signature problems

01-22-08, 01:40 PM   #34
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Ok found a bug with the message editor for certain users. That should be fixed.

signatures fixed that affect certain users
01-22-08, 02:48 PM   #35
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
I think the new site look is fantastic! Great job!

I haven't noticed anything major yet, but I'll look around for a bit and report anything.
01-22-08, 04:53 PM   #36
endx7
An Aku'mai Servant

Bug report:

http://endx7.wowinterface.com/portal...a=listfeatures

gives

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type vB_Datastore_Memcached as array in /var/www/vhosts/wowinterface.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 716

Edit: ok, he fixed it
15:57 <dolby-wowi> fixed, thanks for the heads up

Last edited by endx7 : 01-22-08 at 05:00 PM.
01-22-08, 04:58 PM   #37
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by endx7 View Post
Bug report:

http://endx7.wowinterface.com/portal...a=listfeatures

gives

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type vB_Datastore_Memcached as array in /var/www/vhosts/wowinterface.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 716
fixed thanks
01-22-08, 05:33 PM   #38
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by THUNDER_CHILD View Post
nice layout. I will post more as i come across them (if i come across them).

I think the symbols for the boxes on the right are reversed. Personally i think it should be - when it is open to show that it can be closed and + to open it.
Fixed, thanks.
01-22-08, 07:53 PM   #39
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
I personally prefer the old look.
I'm with you there. Although this new look is not too bad I miss the more vibrant look from before. This is just too ...blahhh.. for me. Grey and gloomy

I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into this site so please don't think I am ungrateful or anything. I'll get used to it I'm sure :P

Great work guys/gals/gnomes/everyone else on a great and smooth server switch .. and a new look and layout. Good job all.

01-22-08, 08:01 PM   #40
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Bah, some of us like dark and gloomy.

Cold drizzly-rain days FTFW!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » New Site Layout feedback