03-24-11, 09:45 AM   #1
daemonsan
A Defias Bandit
Looking For: Addon to sync friend notes (not just friend lists)

I am a big Auction House junkie, and naturally my friend list has expanded with all of my competition. However, since I run multiple markets on multiple alts it is key to know which market a particular 'friend' is a competitor in. Whenever I add a person I put a quick note like 'Gems - Will repost on logout' or 'Scrolls - 24 hour post and forget'. This lets me know which alt I need to log in to undercut them (yes, I am that person).

However, it is a real pain and often unfeasible to add a note to them on every single one of my characters. I have been using Friend & Ignore Share (curse, couldn't find it here) but it only syncs the friend and ignore lists, not the notes.

TL;DR: I need an addon that syncs friend notes. I do not need ignore notes. I do not need an addon that syncs friend and ignore lists, but if it is 'part and parcel' of a replacement addon I have no problem migrating to a new syncing solution if it will suit my needs.
03-24-11, 04:33 PM   #2
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Why don't you ask the author of that addon you already use to add the feature?
03-24-11, 06:54 PM   #3
daemonsan
A Defias Bandit
Oh I have, but either the author hasn't noticed or hasn't had time. In the mean time I figured I would look and see if there was something available. It seems like a pretty common feature people would want - you want to keep your friends synced, why wouldn't you want the notes copied too?

Anyways, here's hoping!
03-24-11, 08:10 PM   #4
daemonsan
A Defias Bandit
SOLVED!

For those who find this via the googles, the addon SyncFriends (I found it on wowace) will sync friend lists and create a 'global note' (or import it from existing notes you have made) that you can apply to some or all of your alts, selectively.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking For: Addon to sync friend notes (not just friend lists)