03-06-16, 08:17 AM   #1
Oniya
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Question Get all Alt's Names

Is there a way to get all player characters (alts) names for all Servers ?
03-06-16, 01:55 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As there really isn't a way to track someone as a RealID friend, no. Even if there was, there is no API to scan their alts. You would have to have an addon catch every char they log in on and build its own list.
03-06-16, 02:39 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You'd need an AddOn that uses LibAlts-1.0 or a similar method without a library.

In any case, as SDPhantom said, you'd have to manually add association to a saved variable.
03-07-16, 11:22 PM   #4
Oniya
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
As there really isn't a way to track someone as a RealID friend, no. Even if there was, there is no API to scan their alts. You would have to have an addon catch every char they log in on and build its own list.
no, i mean not other player - just for current player (me). Too bad we cant get even ours alts list :-\

Last edited by Oniya : 03-07-16 at 11:24 PM.
03-07-16, 11:23 PM   #5
Oniya
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
You'd need an AddOn that uses LibAlts-1.0 or a similar method without a library.

In any case, as SDPhantom said, you'd have to manually add association to a saved variable.
was searching a way to request alts names Like without have to launch one time addon on toon to get it as alt name
03-08-16, 04:35 AM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For your own alts, you can use an addon like Altoholic. It records many things about each of your characters on an account so you can look it up later. You need to log in on each one after installation so it can build its database.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Get all Alt's Names