05-30-23, 10:21 PM   #1
odrik
A Kobold Labourer
How to bring up the addon list interface?

So I had InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToCategory("AddOns") ... it brings up add ons that you can make changes to ... what i want is the window that comes up when you press esc and and click Add Ons ... which brings up AddOnList ... so i tried InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToCategory("AddOnList") ... however that still brings up the other window =/
Any ideas?
05-30-23, 10:33 PM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The function with an addon (name/setting table) passed is primarily to open the addon settings to a particular addon.

You could:
Lua Code:
  1. Settings.OpenToCategory()
  2. SettingsPanel.AddOnsTab:Click()

To open the menu and click the AddOns tab to set focus to it.

InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToCategory has been deprecated and replaced by Settings.OpenToCategory.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 05-30-23 at 11:04 PM.
05-31-23, 12:33 AM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by odrik View Post
what i want is the window that comes up when you press esc and and click Add Ons ... which brings up AddOnList
The frame you're after is simply called AddonList. The game opens it by calling ShowUIPanel(AddonList). Be aware that calling ShowUIPanel() causes protected actions that will be blocked while in combat. You may get around this by calling AddonList:Show() directly, but it bypasses UIParent's window management code, which may cause issues with other managed windows.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 05-31-23 at 12:38 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to bring up the addon list interface?