06-08-10, 08:05 PM   #1
Berserks
A Kobold Labourer
Leatrix Latency Fix is it safe ???

hi all
my friend download this addon and after 2 days he get hacked this was befor 4 days
blizzard tell him maybe u get hacked cuse u download something !!

is it safe
am afraid to use it and i will get hacked or kick by blizzerd cause the addon change ur ip adress
many ppl saying it`s realy good addon to fix latency but am afraid about hacked and banned by blizzard can any one advise me to use this addon or not ??
06-08-10, 08:15 PM   #2
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a script which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will see reduced latency in many online games including World of Warcraft, Aion, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and more.
It does nothing to change your IP, and it wouldn't be hosted here on WoWI if it wasnt safe.
06-08-10, 08:34 PM   #3
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Berserks View Post
hi all
my friend download this addon and after 2 days he get hacked this was befor 4 days
blizzard tell him maybe u get hacked cuse u download something !!

is it safe
am afraid to use it and i will get hacked or kick by blizzerd cause the addon change ur ip adress
many ppl saying it`s realy good addon to fix latency but am afraid about hacked and banned by blizzard can any one advise me to use this addon or not ??
Laetrix Latency Fix is not an addon, but it is perfectly safe. We've checked the source and also check all files uploaded for viruses and there isn't anything wrong with the script. Unfortunately, accounts are not hacked as soon as the information was stolen, it can take weeks, if not months before they act on the information. Your friend should make sure he has the latest Adobe Flash and Adobe Acrobat Reader thought, since those are common attack vectors.

As Soulofsin_007 said, it won't change your IP either.
07-17-10, 09:06 AM   #4
sdbrian2
A Murloc Raider
Check the Source, it's not compiled
07-17-10, 02:00 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Berserks View Post

is it safe

Yes.

Basically what it does is edit your windows registry. Editing the registry for better latency in online games has been going on for quite sometime. Since a lot of people are squeamish about editing their system registry, Leatrix created something to do that for you... which is what Leatrix Latency Fix does. It's perfectly safe to use.

Last edited by Petrah : 07-17-10 at 02:07 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Leatrix Latency Fix is it safe ???