04-27-11, 05:21 PM   #1
Siannus
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Version: 1.5.9 & 4.1

Does anyone know if it works on 4.1? I dont want to download and install it if it will not work. Also, Im looking at oUF_Lure so I need to know if this will work as well.

I see that oUF_Core Version: 1.5.9 has not been updated recently and it seems as though Haste has issues and has closed all forms of discussion about the addon, except for this one. Although he did tell everyone to post on those closed channels.
04-27-11, 10:20 PM   #2
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Updated just yesterday to 1.5.9 and have no issues with it.

Can't say anything about oUF_Lure...
04-28-11, 12:45 AM   #3
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Had no issues. All I had to do was to remove all the GetPetHappiness function calls in my layout.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
04-28-11, 12:56 AM   #4
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Siannus View Post
Does anyone know if it works on 4.1? I dont want to download and install it if it will not work. Also, Im looking at oUF_Lure so I need to know if this will work as well.

I see that oUF_Core Version: 1.5.9 has not been updated recently
There aren't really that much changes between 4.0.x and and 4.1.x. The only thing that required updating in oUF was the removal of pet happiness.

I would also say that 1.5.9 was pretty recently, it's just over a month since I pushed it (22. mars), and one of the features was 4.1 compatibility.

1.5.10 will probably be pushed later today, but all it does is really remove 4.0 compatibility, while setting the TOC version to 40100 and some more bug fixes and a totem element.

Originally Posted by Siannus View Post
and it seems as though Haste has issues and has closed all forms of discussion about the addon, except for this one. Although he did tell everyone to post on those closed channels.
Issues we all have (but why you have to mention this I don't know :). I did have the comment section on oUF closed a couple of years ago. The main reason for this is really the fact that we have this forum.

I believe I don't tell anyone to use the comment section, and mainly refer to this forum. So what closed channels am I referring to? and where do I do this?
04-28-11, 06:23 AM   #5
lurelure
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
oUF lure still uses 1.5.8 (says so at the top of the page). I raided with it yesterday, and had no issues. Probably works with 1.5.9 too, I just haven't tried.

I'll update to 1.5.10 when it's released, but i don't think there are any major changes from 1.5.8. My frames never used any of the happiness code anyway.
04-29-11, 01:37 PM   #6
Siannus
A Defias Bandit
Should I just delete happiness.lua?

Thanks guys for all you posts. And to Haste, when I said issues, I didn't mean it in a mean way. It was late and I perhaps I should have chosen my words better. With the way you answered MoonWitch, I figured you has real life to catch up to instead of worrying about an add on. So my apologies.

And to lurelure, I look forward to that update for the next release. Honestly, I have tried nearly all the layouts and I just love yours the best.
04-29-11, 02:32 PM   #7
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
1.5.9 should work just fine for now. I just got home now, so I'll probably push 1.5.10 after I've made some dinner and gone through the release .

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Version: 1.5.9 & 4.1