03-31-11, 04:30 AM   #1
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Power vs AltPower

There are some bosses that use special abilities based on some sort of power, but not all of them use the AltPower. For example, omnotron council and the conclave use the regular power bar for this, but Onyxia (from the nefarian encounter in bwd) uses the altpower bar.

Is there any good way to show all of this in one bar? I do have an altpower bar, that works nicely for onyxia. Could I somehow use this to show power for omnotron and conclave? I think just something along the lines of "self.Power = self.AltPowerBar" could do the trick, but I'm unclear on when to make this change and when to revert it.

Did anybody bother with this particular problem and solve it, or does anyone have an idea what to do about it? I'd like to avoid making 2 bars for power and altpower separately, because it's always only just 1 being relevant. Thanks for any pointers
03-31-11, 02:38 PM   #2
grom
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm quite the newb, but couldn't you do something like

Code:
if altPower then powerValue = altPowerValue
?

I guess it's the other way round how you want it.

You could do some kind of list to check whether to show power or not

Code:
if UnitName == table[v] then
use powerValue
elseif altPower then
use altPowerValue
else
show nothing

Last edited by grom : 03-31-11 at 02:40 PM.
04-03-11, 03:02 PM   #3
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Just so you know: I want to support this within the current Power element as well. I just need to allocate some time for it first.
04-04-11, 06:03 AM   #4
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@grom: Thanks, but the question would be when to actually run this code, since it's supposed to work for different bosses.

@haste: Great news

In the meantime, I think I found the "right" solution: I'll just make the AltPowerBar the same as the Power bar, just at a higher framelevel. That way, whenever there's AltPower, one can only see that, in all other cases one can see the Power bar. Just the way I want

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Power vs AltPower