04-24-08, 07:13 AM   #1
Gundor
A Defias Bandit
What happened to T.King?

Hi I am a long time fan of most of the T.King UI's. I was wondering where he might be hiding or if he even does UI's anymore.
So....if you decide to come outta hiding, a nice universal bloodelf ui would be really cool man.

04-24-08, 08:14 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
He hasn't made any UI's in ages, and has seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth. His web site is gone, too
04-24-08, 11:14 AM   #3
Onel
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
My guess -- and this is pure speculation -- is that when he left the now-defunct Sigil Games Online he had some kind of non-compete clause that prohibited him from doing any work in the same genre as Vanguard: SOH.

By the way he left Sigil in 2005 and how quickly the company (and game) was run into the ground after that, I never got the impression his departure was under good terms. He probably abandoned what he saw much earlier than anyone as a sinking ship. Too bad he was right, but if he had a contract or non-compete clause or something it would hinder his future doing these UIs regardless.
04-24-08, 12:58 PM   #4
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

Even with a non-compete clause, only the work he does for the company can't be used. They can't bind his hands eternally once he leaves the company.

I tried sending him an email at his last known address, we'll see if i get a reply.

Last edited by Inokis : 04-24-08 at 01:13 PM.
04-24-08, 01:13 PM   #5
Narelda
Off Topic

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
yeah.. good old t-king.. used his UIs of EverQuest a lot.....

pleas come back and make us happy once again

04-24-08, 02:00 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
A few misconceptions in this thread, but ultimately moot so I'll just leave them be.

He is still around if you know where to look for him but he isn't actively modding for the general community any more.

I miss him too. We've been friends for a long time now and I miss his presence in the community. However, he's at a point right now where modding for the community isn't in the cards for him (for whatever the reasons, they are his reasons and thus valid) and while I do miss him, I have to respect that. As with all of us, he has to do what is right for him.

I'll certainly pass along all your kind words to him though, I know he will appreciate hearing them.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
04-24-08, 04:03 PM   #7
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Just a question is there anyway we can get a hold of his old work and intergrate it in our own UI's ourselves?
04-24-08, 04:21 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The files that used to be on this site were lost when we upgraded to the new servers as they hadn't been touched in so very long. They just got swept away by the clean-up script, I believe.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-24-08, 05:49 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Aye, what Seerah said. Sorry, but they're gone. =/
04-28-08, 09:20 AM   #10
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

I just got a reply from Thomus. He wanted me to let everyone know he's doing fine. He is working on a couple of diff projects and has a presence in the game Second Life where his art is very popular.

I just wanted to reassure everyone that he's alive and well and seems to be enjoying what he's doing.
04-28-08, 11:19 AM   #11
Gundor
A Defias Bandit
Good to hear!

Its good to hear he is still doing well for himself.
I wish him nothing but the best for the future and would love it if he came back to his fans.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" - Rita Mae Brown

Last edited by Gundor : 04-28-08 at 11:33 AM.
04-28-08, 07:30 PM   #12
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Gundor View Post
Its good to hear he is still doing well for himself.
I wish him nothing but the best for the future and would love it if he came back to his fans.
Hell id just like to see him pop in and say hi if he could.
His art is what got me in to checking out addons and mods back when i played eq. Still have a few pics of his i use as my desktop image.

/worship

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-28-08, 08:20 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
He actually happened to post something on the EQInterface site earlier today, if you want to read it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » What happened to T.King?