01-31-19, 02:46 PM   #1
strickland
A Cyclonian
How to know which addon is blocking "LoS error msg

Hello, I am running many addons actually, but not sure which one actually is hiding the errors, I want the errors actually. so I was trying to track which one and there is one that has in the options "Error filter" however it's unchecked, and by disabling that specific addon, still errors are hidden, how can I track which one is hiding them? is there a command to show?
01-31-19, 02:53 PM   #2
strickland
A Cyclonian
I actually disabled each addon one by one to check which one was hiding the errors, and to my surprise, still didn't find out which one, even after disabling, errors wasn't showing.
01-31-19, 04:51 PM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this to enable errors
Code:
/console scriptErrors 1
or to disable
Code:
/console scriptErrors 0
Or, you could install this addon to get the setting for en-/disable lua errors back
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...terfaceoptions
02-01-19, 09:23 AM   #4
strickland
A Cyclonian
Or, you could install this addon to get the setting for en-/disable lua errors back
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...terfaceoptions[/quote]

I already have this addon installed, do you think its causing the hidden errors? where can I find the option inside of it for that specific thing?
02-01-19, 09:29 AM   #5
strickland
A Cyclonian
btw this what you said shows the lua error, however I want the combat errors, for example when it says "Target is too far away" or "target is out of sight" etc....
02-01-19, 12:29 PM   #6
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Like this one?

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...rDevourer.html
02-01-19, 01:29 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The OP doesn't want to hide them. He said that they aren't showing at all.

strickland: I know you said that you tried disabling addons one by one, but did you try disabling them all at once? Did the UIErrorsFrame (that is what the area that shows these messages is called) show then?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-01-19, 04:16 PM   #8
strickland
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The OP doesn't want to hide them. He said that they aren't showing at all.

strickland: I know you said that you tried disabling addons one by one, but did you try disabling them all at once? Did the UIErrorsFrame (that is what the area that shows these messages is called) show then?
I actually did not try disabling all at the same time, this is a nice idea, ill try to do this, when I did disabled one by one, I literally skipped some that I felt not relevant to the issue, will let you know.
02-02-19, 07:41 AM   #9
strickland
A Cyclonian
I found it, actually it was "SpellNotification" it has no ingame options, and in the lua it kind of blocks some of the errors, not all.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to know which addon is blocking "LoS error msg