03-14-11, 10:41 PM   #21
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
no one reads the release notes

I changed DBM to use Master channel as most addon authors did. But i actually added an option in the addon to disable master channel usage and still go through SFX channel. But keep in mind DBM always used master volume until blizzard broke it in 4.0.1. This is not something we just mindlessly threw in there. There were iiterally hundreds of complaints that 4.0.1 made dbm sounds hard to hear over noisey sound effects, or unable to have dbm sounds when game sounds were off. Using the master channel firstly enables you to have addon sounds even if you turn regular sound effects off, and secondly, makes sure you can hear an addon alert sound over your reduced SFX volume, so a priests portal sound for example cover up an important sound event.

The fact that it's TOO loud has nothing to do with dbm and everything to do with you blasting your computer speakers cause your game isn't configured properly. It just means you have your game sounds turned so low that you over crank your speakers. What you need to do is turn those speakers down, and turn SFX up. or if you don't like dbm using master channel, just click the checkbox in options, it's that simple.

here is a quote from DBM notes which were right on curse download page and homepage main page right on top.

"Now supports playing sound files through "Master" sound channel (making dbm basically function as it did in 3.3.5 with sounds.)
Added option to disable "Master" channel usage though in case some have gotten used to sounds going through SFX channel since 4.0.1"

I realize the addon here hasn't been updated in ages but that's cause co authors aren't allowed to manage files, and the guy who controls project here is not available. I cannot keep the files on here updated. It's something i've complained about in past that co authors besides having their name listed literally have 0 project control

EDIT. Oh wow I stand corrected, i can manage files now heh. Well then, it's my bad it's sorely out of date on here. I'll fix that immediately!

Last edited by MysticalOS : 03-14-11 at 10:53 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » DBM missing a option