12-29-12, 06:16 AM   #1
kalarel
A Murloc Raider
Quest Watch malfunction?

Hi there,

Just in the last two days (5.0591) I've had this problem on only one of my toons where all of the quests I'm watching (I watch everything in my quest log) gets automatically dropped whenever I do anything that changes the status of a quest, such as accepting, handing in, or abandoning a quest. Even just fulfilling one tick in a quest (i.e. going from Fish Cake: 3/5 to Fish Cake: 4/5) causes this. I've seen this both with all of my other add-ons enabled as well as with everything else besides Carbonite disabled.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, did you find a fix for it?

Thanks in advance!
-k

01-02-13, 07:45 AM   #2
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I noticed this as well, dropped my pet battle quest , was almost finished with that one too. Sadly I didn't notice till I later as i took a break to do some dalies, so I don't know if it cause an error or not

01-02-13, 08:51 AM   #3
kalarel
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for your input. Sadly this is still happening for me and I haven't figured out a solution.

01-21-13, 08:54 AM   #4
kalarel
A Murloc Raider
I now have this problem with multiple toons (Carbonite 5.1.2.) Is there really no solution for this?

01-21-13, 12:16 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try doing This. If nothing else, it will tell you if the problem is with Carbonites SavedVariables file, and that is easily straightened out.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-22-13, 05:03 PM   #6
robroyca
A Murloc Raider
Question

Okay I tried all that and I still get the orange dots, saying not in data base.

01-22-13, 08:49 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Is this happening in Pandaria?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-22-13, 09:04 PM   #8
ufried10
A Defias Bandit
I am having trouble with this as well. Once I turn in a quest, all of my quests are untracked from the Blizzard watch list. I have been completely unable to identify an option that will retain the Blizzard objective list. Additionally, I believe it is unchecking the auto-watch objectives in the Blizzard interface options every time I log out (or back in). Any help would be appreciated.

01-23-13, 07:58 AM   #9
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by ufried10 View Post
I am having trouble with this as well. Once I turn in a quest, all of my quests are untracked from the Blizzard watch list. I have been completely unable to identify an option that will retain the Blizzard objective list. Additionally, I believe it is unchecking the auto-watch objectives in the Blizzard interface options every time I log out (or back in). Any help would be appreciated.
Are you using a separate questing addon?

Or any out of date addons?

01-23-13, 08:23 AM   #10
robroyca
A Murloc Raider
jeffy162, Yes only in Pandaria in Halfhill.

01-24-13, 09:22 PM   #11
ufried10
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Are you using a separate questing addon?

Or any out of date addons?
I am using carbonite (but not the quest watch, aside from the mini-map), recount and auctionlite. They are updated frequently and are up to date.

01-25-13, 12:36 AM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by robroyca View Post
jeffy162, Yes only in Pandaria in Halfhill.
Please see This Post for an explanation of why this is happening. If you want to see the complete thread. it's Here.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Watch malfunction?