07-26-07, 06:42 PM   #1
Arkantoes
A Murloc Raider
Can Someone Point Me

into the right direction?
I make pro-graphics (well I think they are good, thank you) and I would like to know how to change the skin. Can someone show me a tutorial or program that shows me how? I already have the WoW UI Designer and I have completed the tutorial that came with it, so I have a pretty basic idea on how to use it. I just need a little more help. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 9.0. Hopefully I can get the help I need soon so I can hopefully present my ideas to the public. Thank you
07-26-07, 06:47 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm going to assume by skin, you mean textures for a UI? If so, you could use Discord Art (it comes with an extensive FAQ/tut) or eePanels for textures.

But, if your talking about changing the skin of a model, that against the rules, and won't be discussed here.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-26-07, 07:45 PM   #3
Arkantoes
A Murloc Raider
I mean changing how the windows and everything are configured... I really dont know what the type of mod it is. Mazzle's skins are an example.
07-26-07, 09:02 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you want to do like Mazzle has and put art at the bottom of your screen, then use DART or eePanels to import your graphics into the game and place them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-27-07, 06:35 AM   #5
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think he's talking about re-skinnning the title bars and borders for all the ingame window frames.

I dont know how, but I would guess you will have to recreate every frames XML file or if they get their border settings from a template you could try just changing that.

A good resource for information on the WoW API is http://www.wowwiki.com/Interface_Customization

Last edited by mulesh : 07-27-07 at 06:37 AM.
07-27-07, 09:05 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, he used Mazzle's skins as an example, and that's just a bottom frame.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-27-07, 07:38 PM   #7
Arkantoes
A Murloc Raider
yea, all I wanted to do was change the bottom frame (thanks for telling me the name of it ). Ill look around for a template, or if anyone has any ideas on where to find them, that would be great

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info. » Can Someone Point Me