04-27-18, 07:29 PM   #1
MissyXover
A Defias Bandit
Target Placement Help

Hello everyone and good evening. I am working on a new UI and for the life of me cannot come up with a good place to put the target frame.

So far I have been trying these two options. Looking for some feedback on the better one, or perhaps somewhere else all together?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_042718_212546.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	9051  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_042718_212634.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	9052  
04-27-18, 08:09 PM   #2
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I feel like the second one is better. First one is unnecessarily large and away from everything else, while the second one is compact and you can keep an eye on it while also looking at your abilites + your character which is probably the important thing to aim for.
Though if I were you, I'd probably recommend having the name tag outside of (above) the health bar, otherwise most names will just be cut off early and that would defeat the purpose of having names on it at all. Alternatively I guess you could make it wider, but then it'd look a little bit off imo compared to the width of the ability bar.
04-27-18, 08:30 PM   #3
MissyXover
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the input. I actually ditched SUF and got move anything and just placed the target frame near everything else (and made it a tad larger).

I think this fits really well since the style of default frame matches the orbs nicely.

Just rand a few dungeons like this seems to work out pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_042718_222843.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	443.7 KB
ID:	9053  
04-27-18, 10:13 PM   #4
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You don't need addons to move default player and target frames, just for the record. So if that's all you are needing MoveAnything for, you may be able to take it out and that's one less thing you need to load.
(Right-click --> Move Frame on target frame)

Also I'm not sure if you've noticed it, so I thought I'd point it out. Your buffs frame overlaps minimap.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Target Placement Help