02-12-15, 11:26 PM   #1
PeterGunn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ICEHUD being reported incorrectly!

Please see my post in the authors addon page at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...=8149#comments

The following is a qoute from that post to save you some clicks.

did a little snooping and just looked for other addons with HUD in the title and found http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ditsGuile.html in the list. I DID not download this, but I have a suspicion that may warrant the owner looking into. I think the New Minion incarnation may have added this with an update. If you look in the ICE hud folder the name BanditsGuile is in there. I unfortunately did not delete that and try it I deleted the entire Icehud directory and reinstalled it. You may be able to just delete that and fix the issue. In short the errors are GONE!!!! I use Curse and MInion and greatly want to get rid of the curse client. I would blame it on curse, but since I can't see all of Minions updates sorted to the top I just click update all addons and would think that is how BanditsGuile got added. Anyway my two cents worth!!!

The Minion client is incorrectly putting BanditsGuile as ICEHUD and causing errors. The curse clent correctly assigns and writes over the bad files. Looking over Curse however you will not even find BanditsGuile so that may partially account for the issue. When you download and open the BanditsGuile zip file it is EXACTLY the same as ICEHUD. Just throwing errors in game like crazy!
02-12-15, 11:51 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by PeterGunn View Post
When you download and open the BanditsGuile zip file it is EXACTLY the same as ICEHUD.
Yes, this is the problem. The "Bandit's Guile" addon is just a modified version of IceHUD. Even if the IceHUD author allows this kind of thing, addon sites should not, since it causes nothing but problems for everyone involved. It breaks addon updaters (as you've discovered) and it creates unnecessary confusion for addon users and authors alike when someone using the modified version starts having problems, forgets they're using a modified version (or never knew in the first place because they got it in a compilation) and asks for help from the original version's author, who then wastes time trying to track down a bug that doesn't exist, resulting in everyone being frustrated.
02-13-15, 12:00 AM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi PeterGunn, this should be fixed in about 10min (api cache needs to clear).

Sorry for the trouble.

The person will likely need to remove ICEHUD (right click on it in Minion and choose uninstall) and then re-install ICEHUD sinc their local cache has it assigned to the wrong id by now.

Last edited by Dolby : 02-13-15 at 12:09 AM.
02-14-15, 07:38 PM   #4
PeterGunn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi PeterGunn, this should be fixed in about 10min (api cache needs to clear).

Sorry for the trouble.

The person will likely need to remove ICEHUD (right click on it in Minion and choose uninstall) and then re-install ICEHUD sinc their local cache has it assigned to the wrong id by now.
No worries guy. Just trying to do my part to make Minion better!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » ICEHUD being reported incorrectly!