01-20-15, 01:45 AM   #1
krazyito65
A Defias Bandit
[Weak Auras] set custom Fonts in Lua?

Hey there, So I've been messing around a ton with weak auras doing little things here and there. I'm pretty familiar with how to make custom functions and the like.

My question, is there a way to set some text to be a different font SIZE (size here, not actual font) than the rest of the text display?

Basically I have an display that has a timer on it, and underneath a line of text that is somewhat 'long'. I'm looking to keep the timer the same size, while reducing the size of the longer line of text.

I know I can probably make 2 text auras and group them dynamically, but I wanted to first see if I could get any help from people who are familiar with wow LUA coding. Thanks for the help!
01-20-15, 08:01 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's no way to make part of a single font string a different size than the rest of it (or a different font, or have a different outline or shadow). The only property you can change inline is the color. If you want text in two different sizes, you have to make two font strings. In WeakAuras, that probably means making two "auras".
01-20-15, 06:17 PM   #3
krazyito65
A Defias Bandit
Figured as much. Thanks for the input.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » [Weak Auras] set custom Fonts in Lua?