10-13-10, 03:57 PM   #301
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks that fixed the bag-bar issue, now the loot bar is defaulting to an in-game bar. How do i get my old loot bar back?

10-13-10, 04:41 PM   #302
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
Are you maintaining the Cata version as a separate code-stream that you will re-merge later or should I now assume that the 4.0.1 version is now the main branch? The reason I ask is because the Cata version had some stuff integrated (e.g., XP bars) that the 4.0.1 version still seems to have as part of the "Xtras" package.

Last night while trying to get Macaroon set up in 4.0.1 using my Cata setup as a guide, I was running into problems where selecting a bar did not update the bar details. To reproduce: 1) Left click the Macaroon mini-map icon (to go into Bar Editing mode). 2) Right click Bar 1 (which will bring up the Bar Editor). 3) The details for Bar 1 show up in the Bar Editor; this is correct. 4) Select Bar 2 in the leftmost "Bar" pane. The details are not updated for Bar 2.
The Cata download does indeed bundle everything together just because I do not to maintain many separate Macaroon projects for the beta. However, they are the same addons.

I will look into that update issue. If you click on a bar, it should indeed update the data in the editor.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-13-10, 04:43 PM   #303
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by jayznpeeps View Post
No longer supporting OmniCC or vice versa?
The way OmniCC works, no support really needs to be explicitly defined by an addon. However, there is no intent on my part to make OmniCC not work. Right now this issue is a mystery that I am investigating.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-13-10, 05:16 PM   #304
Ardescoere
A Kobold Labourer
I have a feeling something simple is messing up but the bars don't remember any data. If I configure them and either reload the UI or log in and out, it loses the bars and I have to do them all over again. However when I make the bars again it remembers the stored button data. No idea what the issue is with the bars themselves.

Any advice?

10-13-10, 05:47 PM   #305
iyad
A Murloc Raider
I'm a new user. I found this mod while looking for an action bar mod that allows me to customize my pet bar (I'm a warlock). I am trying to get a pet bar with 12 buttons on it, is this possible with Macaroon? I created a pet bar, set the number of buttons to 12 but I am unable to customize the buttons. I get duplicated buttons and when I try to move a button, it erases a completely different button. Is this bugged?

I know I can manually create macros to map each pet ability then use that macro button anywhere. I don't understand why Blizzard made it so difficult to place pet abilities on normal action bars. Since every button in Macaroon is essentially a macro button, I was hoping this would be possible/easy.

10-13-10, 05:55 PM   #306
elphyne
A Kobold Labourer
just wondering if i've overlooked something, but with the new versions of both macaroon and buttonfacade, is there any way to actually change the skins for different bars so that i could have say square buttons for some bars and circular buttons for others?

10-13-10, 06:51 PM   #307
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Ardescoere View Post
I have a feeling something simple is messing up but the bars don't remember any data. If I configure them and either reload the UI or log in and out, it loses the bars and I have to do them all over again. However when I make the bars again it remembers the stored button data. No idea what the issue is with the bars themselves.

Any advice?
Make sure you are only loading current versions of Macaroon addons that I uploaded since the 4.0.1 WoW patch. The issue you are describing is similar to other users who had old versions of supplemental Macaroon addons still installed.

10-13-10, 06:53 PM   #308
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by iyad View Post
I'm a new user. I found this mod while looking for an action bar mod that allows me to customize my pet bar (I'm a warlock). I am trying to get a pet bar with 12 buttons on it, is this possible with Macaroon? I created a pet bar, set the number of buttons to 12 but I am unable to customize the buttons. I get duplicated buttons and when I try to move a button, it erases a completely different button. Is this bugged?

I know I can manually create macros to map each pet ability then use that macro button anywhere. I don't understand why Blizzard made it so difficult to place pet abilities on normal action bars. Since every button in Macaroon is essentially a macro button, I was hoping this would be possible/easy.
Blizzard only provides 10 action ID's for pet buttons. However, that does not mean you cannot macro the other two you want. I would make macros for things like /petattack and /petaggressive and free up the action ID's for other pet spells.

10-13-10, 06:55 PM   #309
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by elphyne View Post
just wondering if i've overlooked something, but with the new versions of both macaroon and buttonfacade, is there any way to actually change the skins for different bars so that i could have say square buttons for some bars and circular buttons for others?
When you open the BF options interface, you should see an "addons" section and under Macaroon you should see a list of the bars and they should be independently skinnable.

10-13-10, 08:09 PM   #310
iyad
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Blizzard only provides 10 action ID's for pet buttons. However, that does not mean you cannot macro the other two you want. I would make macros for things like /petattack and /petaggressive and free up the action ID's for other pet spells.
Good idea, I will do that.

However, the pet bar that Macaroon is displaying is still shows the buttons in a different order, and if I try to rearrange them, they just get screwed up more.

Edit: It appears there are a lot of bugs related to the pet bar. When I try to edit the buttons individually, the UI doesnt update correctly (the 2 top panes dont appear). And the action id #2 associated with the buttons are incorrect. I can fix the bar by manually setting the correct id for each button. That works until I edit the bar again where the ids gets messed up again.

Also, I can't figure out how to get rep bars to show anything useful. I suspect there is a similar bug with the editor as well.

Last edited by iyad : 10-13-10 at 10:12 PM.

10-14-10, 05:10 AM   #311
gadikaz
A Kobold Labourer
Code:
Date: 2010-10-14 13:03:57
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
   attempt to index field 'flyoutArrow' (a nil value)
Debug:
   [C]: ?
   Macaroon\Macaroon_Buttons.lua:3709: Button_OnLeave()
   [string "*:OnLeave"]:1:
      [string "*:OnLeave"]:1
AddOns:
  Swatter, v3.1.15 (<%codename%>)
  ACP, v3.3.8 
  AdvancedTradeSkillWindow, v
  BlizzMove, vv1.1
  Macaroon, v40000.1.1
  MacaroonXtras, v40000.1.1
  Mapster, v1.3.10
  MoveAnything, v11.b3.4
  Omen, v3.0.10
  Parrot, vv1.10.20
  PitBull4, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4Aggro, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4Aura, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4Background, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4BlankSpace, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4Border, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4CastBar, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4CastBarLatency, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4CombatFader, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4CombatIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4CombatText, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4ComboPoints, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4ExperienceBar, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4HealthBar, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4HideBlizzard, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4Highlight, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4HostilityFader, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4LeaderIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4LuaTexts, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4ManaSpark, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4MasterLooterIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4Portrait, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4PowerBar, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4PvPIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4RaidTargetIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4RangeFader, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4ReadyCheckIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4ReputationBar, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4RestIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4RoleIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4SoulShards, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4Sounds, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4ThreatBar, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4VisualHeal5, vv4.0.0-beta12
  PitBull4VoiceIcon, vv4.0.0-beta12
  Postal, v3.4.2
  Prat30, v3.4.5      
  Prat30Libraries, v
  Quartz, v3.0.4
  RaidMobMarker, v3.1
  SellJunk, v3.0
  SexyMap, v
  SharedMedia, v3.0.1-177
  TipTac, v10.10.12
  TipTacItemRef, v10.10.12
  TipTacTalents, v10.10.12
  VuhDo, v2.57
  VuhDoOptions, v2.57
  BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v4.0.1.40000 <eu>
  (ck=716)

10-14-10, 09:26 AM   #312
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider

It's possible but with a little manipulation. The pet bar from Blizz only has 10 button ID's so any additional pet buttons will need to be macros using /cast commands of pet abilities.

Since you can add buttons to the pet bar this isn't a problem. Just make sure you have the additional buttons set to macro and NOT pet ID.

I use this method on my hunter without problems.

EDIT: Learn me to read all the posts before answering one, eh. The same has already been given so please ignore my post, lol.

10-14-10, 09:46 AM   #313
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider
Another issue to the pet bar is to just remove the defensive and aggresive button form the pet bar.

One my hunter and Lock and Unholy DK for that matter, I never need to use those states. If I did I could simply type out the slash command.

As far as the button issues you're describing I experienced the same thing the first time I tried to adjust the ID's. I don't have the interface at work but I think I remember it being an issue with "saving" the button changes. If I'm not mistaking, hopefully, Maul, or another with more knowledge can clarify, you need to hit tab to make the ID change stick, just as you do within the macro text box.

I haven't had any problems swapping pet buttons since.

10-14-10, 12:10 PM   #314
muewowint
A Kobold Labourer
Bar Question

Hi to all!!

I have on question for building a multi-function bar.
I try to set up one single bar used for the following situations:

1.) as simple bar, normaly shown
2.) as pet-bar, when my wolf is present
3.) as vehicle bar

Function 1. and 2. are working well, but when i want to add the 3. function, the bar switches to state 1 and not to function 3, when i got in to a vehicle.

I does not know how, but I got it working before the patch.

Can someone help me, please?
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thank you all in advance!

10-14-10, 02:18 PM   #315
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by muewowint View Post
Hi to all!!

I have on question for building a multi-function bar.
I try to set up one single bar used for the following situations:

1.) as simple bar, normaly shown
2.) as pet-bar, when my wolf is present
3.) as vehicle bar

Function 1. and 2. are working well, but when i want to add the 3. function, the bar switches to state 1 and not to function 3, when i got in to a vehicle.

I does not know how, but I got it working before the patch.

Can someone help me, please?
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thank you all in advance!
[pet:wolf]
[bonusbar:5]
[]

These custom states should work.

With this setup, every states change Mac will check to see if you have a wolf pet active, if so, the first state buttons appear. If not, it will check to see if you are possessed or in a vehicle and if so, that button set appears, if neither of those states are true it brings up the final set of buttons.

Make sure the bonusbar buttons are set to ID 121+, and the pet bar has the appropriate mix of Pet ID's and anything else you need.

I love this mod!

10-16-10, 10:50 AM   #316
Slivers
A Kobold Labourer
I'm looking at whether new Marcos would help out the hyper-focus need and Macaroon obviously helps the macro length situation. I have read the facts and played with the mod, but still have a couple of open questions that I cannot figure out. I'm hoping you can help me out with the questions:

1) Is there a way to call Macaroon macros from other Macaroon macros? In SDM, it was "click sdb_MacroName" or "sdf_MacroName" (button or floating/invisible macros) but I cannot seem to find a means to do it in Macaroon. Ideally, I'd like a Macro to call other Macros within the Storage Area but not actualy Button Macros. If that makes sense.
2) Is there a means to tell a button to be "hidden" when on cooldown? Perhaps changing Down click to "off" if on cooldown? If it isn't available is that even possible? Since a button can change it's "alpha" when on cooldown I'm hoping the "state" of the button's Down click would be possible on cooldown/off cooldown.

Thanks!
Ryan Tykwinski
<-Slivers->
Hunter - KhadgarUS

10-16-10, 11:03 AM   #317
iyad
A Murloc Raider
There is a conflict with Dominos. When I have both mods turned on, everytime I zone in into a different area (dungeon, portal, etc... - I used Deeprun train to experiment) the frames for the original action bars (Blizzard's) appear in the background all stacked up on top of each. The XP bar always shows up.

If I disable either mod (Dominos or Macaroon) the problem disappears. Also, doing a reloadUI makes the extra stuff go away.

I also think there is a problem with Loot alerts not showing altogether when both Dominos and Macaroon Alerts are both on.

I wish I can completely replace Dominos with Macaroon, but currently so many things are not working for me in Macaroon (Status bars, pet bar, etc...) that I can't get rid of Dominos yet.

Last edited by iyad : 10-16-10 at 11:28 AM.

10-16-10, 01:50 PM   #318
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

There is a conflict with Dominos. When I have both mods turned on, everytime I zone in into a different area (dungeon, portal, etc... - I used Deeprun train to experiment) the frames for the original action bars (Blizzard's) appear in the background all stacked up on top of each. The XP bar always shows up.

If I disable either mod (Dominos or Macaroon) the problem disappears. Also, doing a reloadUI makes the extra stuff go away.

I also think there is a problem with Loot alerts not showing altogether when both Dominos and Macaroon Alerts are both on.

I wish I can completely replace Dominos with Macaroon, but currently so many things are not working for me in Macaroon (Status bars, pet bar, etc...) that I can't get rid of Dominos yet.
I have this reported in my bug list and it is something I am looking into. Now as for Status bars, pet bar, etc, please post a bug or a feature request So far the Status bars work fine for me and I have never had a pet bar failure. But I cannot account for the infinite configurations users may have

10-16-10, 06:28 PM   #319
iyad
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
I have this reported in my bug list and it is something I am looking into. Now as for Status bars, pet bar, etc, please post a bug or a feature request So far the Status bars work fine for me and I have never had a pet bar failure. But I cannot account for the infinite configurations users may have
Thanks again. I understand how hard and thankless writing a complex mod like this can be. But it's pretty hard for a new user to find good documentation to understand how to setup and configure Macaroon. So I'm scouring the various threads trying to gather clues to learn before I declare that I found a 'bug'.

As for pet bars, the default bar that gets created has some fields prefilled with some random macro text. Something like "/cast Escape Artist(Racial)" (on my Draenei hunter), etc... I don't know if I should care or not (since the button seems to be working fine otherwise) I also don't understand what a lot of the options mean/do (they all show the same generic tooltip).

10-18-10, 08:28 AM   #320
Tupsi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Echolalia View Post
[pet:wolf]
[bonusbar:5]
[]

These custom states should work.
is there a list somewhere giving away names of all the possible custom stats we can use?
Be reading through all 16 pages as a new user I now think that "bonusbar:5" means vehicle and possesion, but I have no clue if thats true and of course curious as I am, I am wondering what the other 4 bonusbars hold?

I must admit, the first two hours trying out this addon produced some serious headdaches and selfdestruct-fantasies on my end, not to mention the urge to strangle the author. After that (and the first sucessfull creation of a bar WITH buttons) its just awesome, so thanks for that godly piece of software sir!

So keep on with the good work.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread