06-13-12, 03:26 AM   #1
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Searching for chat

Hey another request to find not a specific addon yet just something that is like this ..
A chat addon, without any borders, buttons, social buttons, scroll buttons and such.. i'll show you a screenshot of what i AM exactly searching for ..

Chat Screenshot
06-13-12, 04:21 AM   #2
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
rChat
PhanxChat
BasicChatMods
Prat 3.0
xanChat

Here's a few chat addons I'd take a look on. I'm not sure if all of them includes all of the features you requested, but it shouldn't be far off. Just click the links and read their features.
06-13-12, 04:26 AM   #3
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks for the quick reply Lerb! By the way , atm , i'm reading how to programm my own addons , going to try to make a "chat addon" that i like, hehe, i'll see how that ends. I hope not in a big fail :<
06-13-12, 08:19 AM   #4
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Patience and motivation are the things you need my friend! In this community, I think you'll find it all

I'm waiting for the book "Beginning Lua in World of Warcraft" right now, hoping it will ship here soon and that it's not heavily outdated Seems like a fun read and a good start for a beginner, we'll see
06-13-12, 11:25 AM   #5
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Based on the font and formatting, it seems like a modified version of one of my unreleased addons, Gibberish.

Although a lot of simple chat addons looks like that.
06-13-12, 04:20 PM   #6
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by lerb View Post
Patience and motivation are the things you need my friend! In this community, I think you'll find it all

I'm waiting for the book "Beginning Lua in World of Warcraft" right now, hoping it will ship here soon and that it's not heavily outdated Seems like a fun read and a good start for a beginner, we'll see
I'd vouch for this one by jnwhiteh, if you are still planning on ordering another book
World of Warcraft Programming (second edition)

Both are a bit outdated, but World of Warcraft Programming (2010) is a bit newer than Beginning Lua with World of Warcraft Add-ons (2009)

To sum it up, I think World of Warcraft Programming is qualitatively better, relatively newer and it's written by the author of wowprogramming.com

Last edited by Ketho : 06-13-12 at 04:31 PM.
06-13-12, 11:01 PM   #7
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
I'd vouch for this one by jnwhiteh, if you are still planning on ordering another book
World of Warcraft Programming (second edition)

Both are a bit outdated, but World of Warcraft Programming (2010) is a bit newer than Beginning Lua with World of Warcraft Add-ons (2009)

To sum it up, I think World of Warcraft Programming is qualitatively better, relatively newer and it's written by the author of wowprogramming.com
Thanks Ketho! I'm surely still in the mindset of ordering another book. I want to understand Lua, and while wowprogramming.com is an awesome site I personally want explanations for everything. Let's see what these books have to offer thanks again.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Searching for chat