07-18-14, 01:51 AM   #1
Xully
A Cyclonian
My WoW keeps crashing, I think its one of the addons.

Ok, It keeps crashing once or twice a day. Like not spamming crashes all day, sometimes can be more three or four. Also just to note, it doesn't have to be in combat, I can literally be standing in shrine and get it.

The crash is without error msg, it's the type that wow stops and everything freezes, and then everything goes white/grayish with a box saying "Wow is not responding etc" and two choices (Close Program) or (Wait for response) that type of crash. if I wait, it just stop there and nothing happens. and it stays on freeze.

List of addons.

!Beautycase
!Colorz
nBuff
nChat
nCore
nExtra
nMinimap
nPlates
nPower
nTooltip
OmniCC (by Tuller)
alEnemyCD (part of Allez UI)
alRaidCD (part of Allez UI)
Aptechka
MikScrollingText
InterruptSay
ExtraCD
evl_RaidStatus
oGlow
RETabBinder
OptionHouse
RCLootCouncil
Skada
SpellNotifications (By Veev)
teksLoot
VEM (Raid boss announcer just like DBM but with a sound)
WeakAuras
PhotoRobot
PlateBuffs
07-18-14, 05:20 AM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
And you want us to detemine whats causing it? Well disable all addons and try it, then enable the first five addon back, then try it, and so on.
It might be not even related to an addon. It might be a background program, specially audio and video players could cause this, or some video settings with some specific VGA cards can't handle when you alt+tab out/in of te game too much.
07-18-14, 11:58 AM   #3
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possibly a poorly written weak aura.

If you can't find any pattern to the crashes then it's going to be extremely difficult to figure out, if it even is an addon.

One thing you could do is make sure lua errors are enabled under interface > help in the game menu.

Last edited by semlar : 07-18-14 at 12:01 PM.
07-18-14, 04:52 PM   #4
Xully
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Possibly a poorly written weak aura.

If you can't find any pattern to the crashes then it's going to be extremely difficult to figure out, if it even is an addon.

One thing you could do is make sure lua errors are enabled under interface > help in the game menu.
Today I disabled photorobot + platebuffs, and I didn't get crash at all, still not sure if its them, will wait and see tomorrow also.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » My WoW keeps crashing, I think its one of the addons.